Thread: World of Warships

Default World of Warships

So... In case you guys didn't know.

WoWS snuck into OBT yesterday. Its a lot of fun right now especially with the low tier battleships.

World of Warships!
    Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you,
    By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
    Quote Originally Posted by North Korea
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

Insomniac and tired of it Senior Member Slyspy's Avatar

Default Re: World of Warships

I took part in the CBT but don't think I even played enough battles to get my reward ship. Initially enjoyed it (and it looks and runs great) but found it too slow with too much empty time. So I went back to WoT.
    "Put 'em in blue coats, put 'em in red coats, the bastards will run all the same!"

"The English are a strange people....They came here in the morning, looked at the wall, walked over it, killed the garrison and returned to breakfast. What can withstand them?"

Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

I find it hard to understand how this won't suffer from the same reason I've never given Silent Hunter or any sub game even a 2nd thought, boredom.

There's just no way you can make this arcadey enough to keep me engaged, and if you did you'd wreck sort of the central concept underlying warships. I get that the guys who made WOT don't know what to do with themselves other than make the same game over and over substituting different war machines in it, but I'm not buying into it (not surprising I guess given I'm not buying into any of their online arcadey style games).

I bought Victory at Sea during the Steam summer sale. It's a different context, single player and you can control an entire fleet, it's like a Mount&Blade with warships. It is very basic though and also not really a simulation, but it works on my laptop and it's fun enough.

Maybe I can get my computer running again to try WoT again or look into WoWS, so thanks for the headsup.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Member thankful for this post:

It doesn't play anything like Victory at sea though. It feels a lot like a slow plodding game of wot
    Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you,
    By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
    Quote Originally Posted by North Korea
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Veho Nex View Post
    It doesn't play anything like Victory at sea though. It feels a lot like a slow plodding game of wot
    Oh, I didn't want to say it does, they just have the same setting and people might be interested in Victory at Sea as well.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

I started playing yesterday. The game is actually fun when playing the low-tier ships which are fast and more challenging. Its less fun, however when you get one-shotted by huge battleships.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Quote Originally Posted by easytarget View Post
    I find it hard to understand how this won't suffer from the same reason I've never given Silent Hunter or any sub game even a 2nd thought, boredom.

There's just no way you can make this arcadey enough to keep me engaged, and if you did you'd wreck sort of the central concept underlying warships. I get that the guys who made WOT don't know what to do with themselves other than make the same game over and over substituting different war machines in it, but I'm not buying into it (not surprising I guess given I'm not buying into any of their online arcadey style games).
    Check out War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Dragonslayer Emeritus Senior Member Sigurd's Avatar

I always thought weekends were horrible for getting good games. Seems it still is - for the other teams

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	German BBs.png 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	19442
    Status Emeritus

Member thankful for this post:

Husar