Thread: Hermione arrived in USA

Senior Member Senior Member Brenus's Avatar

Default Hermione arrived in USA

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.

"I've been in few famous last stands, lad, and they're butcher shops. That's what Blouse's leading you into, mark my words. What'll you lot do then? We've had a few scuffles, but that's not war. Think you'll be man enough to stand, when the metal meets the meat?"
    "You did, sarge", said Polly." You said you were in few last stands."
    "Yeah, lad. But I was holding the metal"
    Sergeant Major Jackrum 10th Light Foot Infantery Regiment "Inns-and-Out"

Members thankful for this post (4):

Default Re: Hermione arrived in USA

Beautiful ship!

Edit: Apparently I just missed the Hermione's visit to Philadelphia.
    Last edited by Gregoshi; 07-02-2015 at 16:45.
    This space intentionally left blank

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I paid it a visit when it docked in Alexandria a few weeks back. Interesting stuff! My friend took some pictures, I'll get him to send them to me and will post them here if there's anything good.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Alright, here we are. Pictures under the spoiler.

Front view

Paddleboat

Cannon!

Obviously the French flag was very present (though technically if they wanted to be completely accurate, they should have gone with the Bourbon fleur-de-lys as the tricolor/Revolution hadn't happened yet...)

Rigging

All in all a fun experience. We didn't have tickets so the two-hour wait in line was a bit long, but once we got on the ship it was pretty cool. It had that authentic smell to it which really helped the atmosphere.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Members thankful for this post (2):