Thread: [Help] How to me can change faction Slave in medival 2 total war into a new faction?

Default [Help] How to me can change faction Slave in medival 2 total war into a new faction?

I want change faction Slave into a new faction as brazil. I example as:
    faction slave
    dictionary 2
    strat_model northern_general
    battle_model Northern_General
    battle_equip gladius, chainmail shirt helmet and rectangular shield
    and I changed Faction Slave into:
    faction Brazil
    dictionary 2
    strat_model northern_general
    battle_model Northern_General
    battle_equip gladius, chainmail shirt helmet and rectangular shield
    I have read a this post:
    forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?77806-Adding-New-Faction-from-Nothing-%C2%96-Step-by-Step
    and view this video:
    vimeo.com/112995458
    but this video is too fast and too opaque. I want it slow. Who can help me this problem.I want change all faction slave at America into:
    brazil,argentina ,chile,paraguay,peru,uruguay,jamaica,colombia, mexico, canada and america. who can help me
    do it

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: [Help] How to me can change faction Slave in medival 2 total war into a new facti

Hello sakarbals, welcome to the .Org .

I am not a modder, but I am pretty sure you cannot change the Slave faction. It's a special faction that is used to simulate the rebels/independent cities and units. Try cloning an existing faction first.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Default Re: [Help] How to me can change faction Slave in medival 2 total war into a new facti

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens View Post

I am not a modder, but I am pretty sure you cannot change the Slave faction. It's a special faction that is used to simulate the rebels/independent cities and units. Try cloning an existing faction first.
    Hello Ludens. I not know how to can cloning an existing faction. You can post some picture or video be not. I have view a this video:
    but it is too fast and too opaque. I can't view it :)) because I need help how to can change unit ancient into a unit modern as: tanks, ships, planes and troops Now I doing world war 2 for medival 2 total war kingdoms. I have a this mod:
    http://www.youxi366.com/zsj/2.html
    and I want add some new faction as:
    peru
    colombia
    bolivia
    venezula
    paraquay
    brazil
    uruquay
    argentina
    chile
    mexico
    cuba
    at asia:
    Myanmar, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia,Brunei,Indonesia,Timor Laste,India, Republic Of China, Empire of Vietnam (1945), Republic Of Korea, Empire Of Japan. At this mod have very many faction Slave and I want repair it into a new faction as some faction on :)) who can help me do it and I want contact on yahoo: vyshgorodskii or TeamViewer :)) European added:
    England, France, Nazi Germany, Ytalia, Soviet Union,greece, denmark, spain and portugal. North America: Mexico,America and Canada :)) I will wait add agian :))

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens View Post

hello Ludens. You can only for me how to can cloning an existing faction first be not. I think that cloning an existing faction first meant to be:
    I example with faction Apachean:
    <Texture Faction="Apachean" DiffuseMap="banners\textures\Faction_banner_apachean.texture" TranslucencyMap="banners\textures\Faction_banner_apachean_trans.texture"/>
    in part destrat I add peru and after that I change Apachean into peru true not you
    <Texture Faction="Peru" DiffuseMap="banners\textures\Faction_banner_peru.texture" TranslucencyMap="banners\textures\Faction_banner_peru_trans.texture"/>
    that is files descr_banners_new and after I change banners, loading_screen,menu,units and unit_info true not you but why I change all files is mod is automatically exit the screen. I change add some files as:
    descr_character,descr_lbc_db,descr_names,descr_sm_factions all is not be. I only can change be descr_banners_new
    now I using this mod to repair:
    http://www.youxi366.com/2013/zsj_0921/433.html
    in this mod have very many faction Slave and I want add some new faction at south america and Southeast Asia. I will wait you answer me again

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: [Help] How to me can change faction Slave in medival 2 total war into a new facti

I am sorry, but I do not understand you. And I am not the right person to ask, anyway: I don't know much of modding. Perhaps you can ask here?
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!