Thread: First Total War: Warhammer Trailer

Default First Total War: Warhammer Trailer

"Do not fight for glory. Do not fight for love of your lord. Do not fight for hatred, honor or faith. Fight only for victory and you will succeed." - Uji sensei.

Members thankful for this post (2):

Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

Default Re: First Total War: Warhammer Trailer

Always amusing to watch their trailers that say in-game engine, not fooling me for a second. When this thing releases it will look nothing like this.

CA like just about everyone who makes games these days thinks their audience are both dim witted and have such short term memories they'd fail to recall the Carthage video from Rome 2. In all likelihood they're right, and as a result their consumers in my opinion get entirely what they deserve every single time this happens.

...whatever I may think, say, or do I know i`ll get this game :)
    That said I agree, even if this video was made using the game engine I have a hard time believing its what gameplay will look like. The description mentioned playing the different leaders who each have their own unique questchain...questchain?

Quote Originally Posted by Dimeola View Post
    ...whatever I may think, say, or do I know i`ll get this game :)
    That said I agree, even if this video was made using the game engine I have a hard time believing its what gameplay will look like. The description mentioned playing the different leaders who each have their own unique questchain...questchain?
    I don't know about you but that sounds amazing!!! I would love that, especially f all the characters played slightly differently.

Even when playing the original Tabletop I always neglected Hero units and went for a traditional army approach. For me Warhammer Fantasy was always about moving huge amount of troops around and this is one of the things that drew me to the Total War series in the first place.

So I say meh on their decision to focus on the heroes.

I'll see how it turns out. I was absoluetly rooting for this, when it was announced, but looking at the 6 hours I have logged on Attilla I'll probably change to a wait and see approach.
    Looking forward to the first real gameplay trailer. Activating a lot of Special Moves and what not will only become more complex with hero units thrown in the mix.
    The lions sing and the hills take flight.
    The moon by day, and the sun by night.
    Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
    Let the Lord of Chaos rule.

—chant from a children's game heard in Great Aravalon, the Fourth Age

I'm going to wait for the reviews and probably some vids :)
    Ja-mata TosaInu