Page 5 of 82 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: IMMIGRATION thread

Default Re: The Issue of African illegal immigrants from Africa

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho View Post
    As ever, everyone argues a load of nonsense and misses the point.

Who owns the world? Do I own England? Do I need the permission of a frenchman to go and live in France? Am I responsible for the government of the country I live in destabilising another country?

If a person decides to make the choice to try and make a better life for themselves on a different part of the planet, then how can I object? The issues created by this immigration are just administrative ones.
    Oh my... Are you being ironic, or are you really that... Well... Ideological?

Who owns your house or apartment? Would I need the permission from you, if I wanted to get in there to stay?

Even if you were ok with that, would you be ok with it after I raped your sister or mother or something?

As you argue, that would just be an "administrative" issue, no?
    Last edited by Kadagar_AV; 08-19-2015 at 14:21. Reason: will come back later to answer the rest, but this was so "special" I had to direct it at once

Blog Entries

As ever, everyone argues a load of nonsense and misses the point.

Who owns the world? Do I own England? Do I need the permission of a frenchman to go and live in France? Am I responsible for the government of the country I live in destabilising another country?

If a person decides to make the choice to try and make a better life for themselves on a different part of the planet, then how can I object? The issues created by this immigration are just administrative ones.
    Someone's showing a severe ignorance of the effects of unrestrained immigration.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Senior Member Senior Member Idaho's Avatar

The fact that you liken the situation to raping your sister is just bizzare.

And as for unrestrained immigration, that's plain nonsense.

You are presented with a problem of humanity and are responding like frightened chimps. Reacting in the most thoughtless, primal and fearful way. Being manipulated by scare stories and anecdotes rather than soberly evaluating the situation.
    "The republicans will draft your kids, poison the air and water, take away your social security and burn down black churches if elected." Gawain of Orkney

Blog Entries

Last edited by Greyblades; 08-19-2015 at 22:24.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    No iron, my collection of African weapons must be fake than. Except it isn't
    It was one generic example, and as I said, Africa is a very diverse continent. Wasn't Egypt more or less the first high culture that developed? Why did Europeans not overshadow the Egyptians at the time?

As for the debate Idaho started, there is a point to it. The borders in Europe work somewhat because they were created along lines people perceived as natural. Unfortunately that does not apply to the lines that the Europeans drew in Africa and the Middle East during colonial times, which just adds to the tension in these regions. Now you may complain that the Africans should just renegotiate these lines but then you may as well ask the US to renegotiate the border with Aztlán or all the people living in reservations if you think that's so easy.

I'm also not sure why the topic calls them illegal immigrants. If someone arrives in a European country and asks for asylum, he is not illegal but an asylum seeker until the validity of the request is determined. There are surely illegals here, but I haven't heard of any of them becoming rich or draining our welfare or getting free homes since you can't get any benefits if you're not registered. And at least for Germany the rate of rejected asylum requests is still somewhere around 50%, these people are sent back unless they can challenge the rejection in a court. There are actually people who check the validity of these requests and don't let people in who just want to be rich. May not be a foolproof process but some seem to think that we give everyone who arrives in Europe a car and a home. I know even people with a college education not from Africa, not criminal and very willing to learn the language, who seem to have a hard time staying in Germany legally.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Do I own England?
    Nope. De facto, the British government does that. The British government is in turn indirectly controlled (owned) by the British people, of which you are a representative.
    Runes for good luck:

[1 - exp(i*2π)]^-1

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    Nope. De facto, the British government does that. The British government is in turn indirectly controlled (owned) by the British people, of which you are a representative.
    You have chosen a legalistic interpretation but then have answered incorrectly. Britain is not owned by the British government. And I am not a representative of the British people.
    "The republicans will draft your kids, poison the air and water, take away your social security and burn down black churches if elected." Gawain of Orkney

Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    Greyblades, please.
    No idea what this is supposed to mean. You are suggesting that having empathy with other humans in desperate situations amounts to "high horse"? Strange. So I should be cruel, thoughtless, ignorant and reactionary?

Members thankful for this post (2):

You have chosen a legalistic interpretation but then have answered incorrectly. Britain is not owned by the British government.
    No. As explicitly specified, the interpretation was de facto, not de jure. Crudely speaking, the British government is the entity that by far has the most control over Britain and can handle it a lot like they want to, hence they own it.

And I am not a representative of the British people.
    It is to say that you are part of the aforementioned population, with voting rights.
    Runes for good luck:

[1 - exp(i*2π)]^-1

No. As explicitly specified, the interpretation was de facto, not de jure. Crudely speaking, the British government is the entity that by far has the most control over Britain and can handle it a lot like they want to, hence they own it.

It is to say that you are part of the aforementioned population, with voting rights.
    This is just nonsense. Sorry.

Oh my...

I will just skip everything else and try to assist this individual. Nice guy as I am :)

Idaho, you have written a LOT of quite questionable content here... Would you mind re-starting this in a thread of your own, where you explain your world view?

I absolutely do not mean this as a diss, I am honestly interested in what you have to bring to the table, and right now it feels more like crumbs falling off of it..

So, if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to see a thread where you state your view on open immigration. That line of thought is raised here in Sweden a LOT, and I would love to actually have a sit-down with an honest representative :)

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

De Facto the British Government controls Britain, and we vote for the government (indirectly) when we vote for MP's.

I know you refuse to exercise your democratic rights on principle, but that's another topic.

Actually, De Jure the Queen owns Britain and it's Her Majesty's Government, so Viking is essentially correct whichever way you slice it.

What we're talking about here though is collective responsibility, the British, Swedish, German etc. people have collective responsibility for their countries and governments and part of that is the right and responsibility to restrict entry to the same for the good of the people at large.

In crude terms we don't usually allow convicted child murderers into the country because it's bad for the people here.

You and I live in a city of, what? 140,000 people now, of which thousands are recent immigrants from the Middle East and Pakistan, and by recent I mean the last decade or so. Well, Germany is projected to have something like seven times the population of our city enter this year as refugees, to say nothing of the "normal" influx of immigrants.

This is not just an "administrative" problem it's mass migration of a kind not seen in centuries, it's the sort of movement of people you have during the Hunnic invasions that toppled the Roman Empire, or the 30 years war, the sort of events which are associated with cataclysmic change on the continent.

That probably sounds utterly absurd to you, but if you had asked Flavius Stilicho in 395AD if he believed the WRE could collapse within a half century he would have told you that Rome had stood for a thousand yours and would stand for a thousand more.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

Members thankful for this post (4):

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    It was one generic example, and as I said, Africa is a very diverse continent. Wasn't Egypt more or less the first high culture that developed? Why did Europeans not overshadow the Egyptians at the time?

As for the debate Idaho started, there is a point to it. The borders in Europe work somewhat because they were created along lines people perceived as natural. Unfortunately that does not apply to the lines that the Europeans drew in Africa and the Middle East during colonial times, which just adds to the tension in these regions. Now you may complain that the Africans should just renegotiate these lines but then you may as well ask the US to renegotiate the border with Aztlán or all the people living in reservations if you think that's so easy.

I'm also not sure why the topic calls them illegal immigrants. If someone arrives in a European country and asks for asylum, he is not illegal but an asylum seeker until the validity of the request is determined. There are surely illegals here, but I haven't heard of any of them becoming rich or draining our welfare or getting free homes since you can't get any benefits if you're not registered. And at least for Germany the rate of rejected asylum requests is still somewhere around 50%, these people are sent back unless they can challenge the rejection in a court. There are actually people who check the validity of these requests and don't let people in who just want to be rich. May not be a foolproof process but some seem to think that we give everyone who arrives in Europe a car and a home. I know even people with a college education not from Africa, not criminal and very willing to learn the language, who seem to have a hard time staying in Germany legally.
    International law dictates that they must ask asylum in the country they arive, if they don't than yes they are illegal immigrants

Quote Originally Posted by Philipvs Vallindervs Calicvla View Post
    You and I live in a city of, what? 140,000 people now, of which thousands are recent immigrants from the Middle East and Pakistan, and by recent I mean the last decade or so. Well, Germany is projected to have something like seven times the population of our city enter this year as refugees, to say nothing of the "normal" influx of immigrants.
    http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-Ne...7691439911212/

7*140,000 = 980,000 <> 750,000.

The article also mentions that it's largely because other European countries do not come up to their duties. Maybe if they were properly distributed there'd be fewer ghettos and less impact on individual countries. Oh and 750,000 asylum seekers * ~0.5 acceptance rate = 375,000 who actually need to be housed somewhere more permanent and 375,000 people who are sent back. Even easier if actually fairly distributed across Europe.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Quote Originally Posted by Philipvs Vallindervs Calicvla View Post
    De Facto the British Government controls Britain, and we vote for the government (indirectly) when we vote for MP's.

I know you refuse to exercise your democratic rights on principle, but that's another topic.

Actually, De Jure the Queen owns Britain and it's Her Majesty's Government, so Viking is essentially correct whichever way you slice it.
    Once again incorrect. Basic UK constitution lesson:

The country is ruled by the Crown, not the Queen. The Queen is a person, the Crown is a political construct. Neither the Queen nor the Crown "own" Britain. Britain is divided into lots of little chunks owned by landowners. Neither the Queen nor the Crown owns my house. Voting has no bearing whatsoever on ownership - you are both getting completely side-tracked and confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    Oh my...

I will just skip everything else and try to assist this individual. Nice guy as I am :)

Idaho, you have written a LOT of quite questionable content here... Would you mind re-starting this in a thread of your own, where you explain your world view?

I absolutely do not mean this as a diss, I am honestly interested in what you have to bring to the table, and right now it feels more like crumbs falling off of it..

So, if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to see a thread where you state your view on open immigration. That line of thought is raised here in Sweden a LOT, and I would love to actually have a sit-down with an honest representative :)
    I don't believe open immigration is always a sound policy. But what are the actual numbers on the current situation? How many people are moving from where to where? Why are they leaving their current countries, and why do they want to come to western europe?

My suspicion is that:

- There are legitimate reasons (humanitarian, political and economic) why they are leaving their countries
    - Often the reasons are to do with western european nations being complicit in destabilizing their countries
    - The current levels of migration are nothing unusual in historical terms
    - The situation is being hyped up by politicians, news channels and newspapers to generate a story
    - More immigration is happening in poorer countries where the impact is higher than in western europe
    - Western europeans are merrily travelling/moving around the world and will reject any controls on this
    - The wealthy are benefiting most from immigration, and yet are orchestrating the hate from working people against immigrants

There you go - some targets to shoot at.

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Aren't most of the immigrants young men looking for work, and not families fleeing persecution etc?
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

No, but I gather you want to have a monologue.

- The current levels of migration are nothing unusual in historical terms
    Too vague and generic to be meaningful - and out of context.

- Western europeans are merrily travelling/moving around the world and will reject any controls on this
    Some might. That would be their problem.
    Last edited by Viking; 08-20-2015 at 11:54.
    Runes for good luck:

[1 - exp(i*2π)]^-1

The fact that you liken the situation to raping your sister is just bizzare.

And as for unrestrained immigration, that's plain nonsense.

You are presented with a problem of humanity and are responding like frightened chimps. Reacting in the most thoughtless, primal and fearful way. Being manipulated by scare stories and anecdotes rather than soberly evaluating the situation.
    I don't believe open immigration is always a sound policy.

So how many would you allow in? A thousand? Hundred thousand? A million? Ten million? A hundred million?

Please tell us, we are all ears!
    Last edited by InsaneApache; 08-20-2015 at 12:01.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

Once again incorrect. Basic UK constitution lesson:

The country is ruled by the Crown, not the Queen. The Queen is a person, the Crown is a political construct. Neither the Queen nor the Crown "own" Britain. Britain is divided into lots of little chunks owned by landowners. Neither the Queen nor the Crown owns my house. Voting has no bearing whatsoever on ownership - you are both getting completely side-tracked and confused.
    We're just arguing because we know you're wrong.

The Queen and the Crown are only separate so that they don't have to technically re-hire all the civil servants when the monarch dies.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyfelwyr View Post
    Aren't most of the immigrants young men looking for work, and not families fleeing persecution etc?
    Nah, the motivation is free money, they don't even bother to lie. Not all say that, but a lot do

Many young Algerians try to leave Algeria for Europe by sea because they are...bored, apparently.

"Our harragas don't leave the country because they are poor or jobless…. even if that's what they say," he wrote in Le Quotidien d'Oran, the daily paper from Algeria's second largest city. "They leave because here, in this country, their lives are pointless, there's no room to dream, and worst of all, there's no fun, no laughter, no kissing, and no colour."
    Risking death at sea to escape boredom
    Last edited by Viking; 08-20-2015 at 14:27.
    Runes for good luck:

[1 - exp(i*2π)]^-1

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Nah, the motivation is free money, they don't even bother to lie. Not all say that, but a lot do
    How would illegal immigrants get free money? Even as asylum seekers they get a bed, £17 a week in food vouchers and £10 cash for 3 years and are not permitted to work. If anyone wants to risk life and limb to live here in miserable and bored poverty, good luck to them.

Many young Algerians try to leave Algeria for Europe by sea because they are...bored, apparently.

Risking death at sea to escape boredom
    This is the problem. People basing opinions on opinions. Meaningless article.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneApache View Post

So how many would you allow in? A thousand? Hundred thousand? A million? Ten million? A hundred million?

Please tell us, we are all ears!
    The tory's nightmare. 100 million darkies swarming at the border.

It's nonsense. The numbers are in the thousands, not millions.

The tory's nightmare. 100 million darkies swarming at the border.

It's nonsense. The numbers are in the thousands, not millions.
    !00,000 in Greece so far this year and increasingly more every week.

So now will you answer my question or dodge it again as lefties are wont to do. Ala 'darkies'.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneApache View Post
    !00,000 in Greece so far this year and increasingly more every week.

So now will you answer my question or dodge it again as lefties are wont to do. Ala 'darkies'.
    At least a few hundred thousand a year. More from countries we've had a hand in screwing up.

This is the problem. People basing opinions on opinions. Meaningless article.
    I don't think you read the article. Algeria is not a particularly poor country.
    Runes for good luck:

[1 - exp(i*2π)]^-1

The numbers are in the hundreds of thousands. Every year the politicians massage the information about how many "refugees" and "economic migrants" they are going to let in and every year the number grows larger and larger.

Western Europe is basically importing crime and Islam and screaming "fascism" to anyone whom has a dissenting opinion. Sweden probably has a solid 40 years before it becomes Somilia north.

The further slip into post war degeneracy continues.
    Hysterical racist drivel. There has been no increase in the crime rate. But you aren't interested in the facts. They interfere with your narrative.

Member thankful for this post:

I don't think you read the article. Algeria is not a particularly poor country.
    So?

Page 5 of 82 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast