Thread: I have a few questions about Rome2

Default I have a few questions about Rome2

'm new to the total war franchise, I'm gonna buy Rome II emperor edition in a few months (my first total war game)

I have a few (a lot of) questions about the game

1. did the devs get rid of the bs magics flags that pop out of nowhere in open fields that forces players and the AI to sit on it and end the game in 5mins ?

2. what difference is there between the regular game and the emperor edition and most importantly does it have all the game breaking shenanigans from release fixed yet ? are their any dlc and other stuff that u get from the emperor edition or is it just a less buggy version of the release version with nothing else to offer ?

3. are there any good mods that I should get to get the best experience out of this game ? like better AI, troop/unit behaviors, politics, research, skill trees, extra features among other things

4. what kind of political game features does it have ? please tell me there is something like having several kinds of treaties, policies, laws and other diplomatic and political stuff regarding everything thats associated with them like trade and stuff and that having any or few with one nation affects relations with other nations

5. how good is the tutorial ?

6. what timeline is the campaign based on ?

7. how historically accurate are the parts that are meant to be historical events or locations ? does the campaign run out of historical stuff when x number of turns elapse ?

8.are there any historical mods that have lots of historical events, characters with high accuracy ? events like the founding of the roman empire, the 1st and 2nd Punic wars, Justinian taking over the Byzantine empire and retaking Rome and everything else in between and after ?

9. is there a mod downloading patches/client thingy for updating and downloading mods I can get ?

10. how does the campaign map work ?

ty for answers :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbBH...HHVyB2h1pPGhb6
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_2E...boydUQ825ntwC1

Default Re: I have a few questions about Rome2

1. Yes, they're gone.

2. Emperor Edition is a pompous name for the 15th patch. However, it also includes a new campaign, with almost the same campaign map of the main game, which is dedicated to the conflicts of the second triumvirate.

3. Most people prefer Divide et Impera, but personally, I would suggest Toon Total War's mod, All in One.

4. Actually, there's no major difference after the game's release. You still need to balance your influence, but currently, the civil war is significantly easier to avoid.

5. I found it dump, like the vast majority of TW tutorials.

6. 1 turn per year.

7. If I remember correctly, there is no such thing as a historical events mechanism. Not 100/%, though...

8. I don't think any such mod exists, considering that stuff like that is unmoddable.

9. There's a subscription mechanism in STEAM, which automatically keeps your mods updated, but it takes some weird initiatives, in case a mod isn't updated regularly.

10. Well, that's a very long answer. I wouldn't say that the map is very different compared to the previous TW games, but what exactly do you mean?

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Crandar covered most of it, but for #3, a lot of people also play the Radious overhaul, which adds a ton of new units and makes the game a bit more arcade-y but I like it.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Throwing stones from afar Member Cazbol's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Access View Post
    4. what kind of political game features does it have ? please tell me there is something like having several kinds of treaties, policies, laws and other diplomatic and political stuff regarding everything thats associated with them like trade and stuff and that having any or few with one nation affects relations with other nations
    You can have several types of treaties.
    - Trade agreements bring you income based on the resources that one empire supplies but the other one demands.
    - Military access allows your armies to march over the counterpart's land without them taking offense.
    - Non-aggression pacts means you promise not to attack each other.
    - Defensive alliance means you promise to go to war with anyone who attacks your counterpart.
    - Military alliance means you will go to war with anyone your counterpart goes to war with, regardless of who initiates it.
    - Making states your client states makes them subservient allies.

Your political agreements, as well as your actions greatly affect your relationships with your counterparts, but also other states, based whether they like your counterparts or not.

The Augustus campaign that came with the Emperor Edition was in may experience particularly good, primarily because of how beautifully the political system worked. I chose to play Egypt, which starts out as a client state of Marc Anthony and I stayed faithful to my master. In general the alliances of each of the sides in the Roman civil war held together quite well in this game, yet with the occasional state breaking away. This made for very interesting game, where each state in my alliance tried to help the alliance win the war, while trying to make its own gain and grow in strength within the alliance. Once my alliance had subjugated the opponents, Marc Anthony tried to annex states within his alliance, starting with me, which made for a very interesting war.

I think you're making a good choice by starting your Total War experience with Rome II.
    Last edited by Cazbol; 08-10-2015 at 12:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazbol View Post
    - Trade agreements bring you income based on the resources that one empire supplies but the other one demands.
    - Military access allows your armies to march over the counterpart's land without them taking offense.
    - Defensive alliance means you promise to go to war with anyone who attacks your counterpart.
    - Military alliance means you will go to war with anyone your counterpart goes to war with, regardless of who initiates it.

Your political agreements, as well as your actions greatly affect your relationships with your counterparts, but also other states, based whether they like your counterparts or not.

The Augustus campaign that came with the Emperor Edition was in may experience particularly good, primarily because of how beautifully the political system worked. I chose to play Egypt, which starts out as a client state of Marc Anthony and I stayed faithful to my master. In general the alliances of each of the sides in the Roman civil war held together quite well in this game, yet with the occasional state breaking away. This made for very interesting game, where each state in my alliance tried to help the alliance win the war, while trying to make its own gain and grow in strength within the alliance. Once my alliance had subjugated the opponents, Marc Anthony tried to annex states within his alliance, starting with me, which made for a very interesting war.

I think you're making a good choice by starting your Total War experience with Rome II.
    I heard in AngryJoes rant that there was something about making your noble family get married to continue your legacy by having them all be generic cardboard cutouts that replace one the moment one member dies

Quote Originally Posted by Cazbol View Post

I heard in AngryJoes rant that there was something about making your noble family get married to continue your legacy by having them all be generic cardboard cutouts that replace one the moment one member dies

I absolutely love Radious! As Hooah stated some think it makes the game arcade-y but the unit variety is what I go for. The game has far to few different units between the factions. I like faction specific stuff because it gives me more immersion.
    If living is nothing dieing is nothing then nothing is everything and everything is nothing

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

As a whole, starting your R2TW experience, and your TW experience in fact, with the Emperor Edition is a good choice because the game is solid and offers some very good replayability.

There's plenty of factions to choose from, so you have good replay value if you want to do multiple campaigns with different factions.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?