Thread: Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Default Kingdom Come: Deliverance

I thought we had a thread about it, but I cannot find one, just ones where it was mentioned, so here we go.

I am really curious how this game will turn out, and if they actually finish it in the way they plan or a very similar way, I will be very intrigued to give this a try.
    I just watched their latest video on swordfighting and I really like their approach. I assume it will be hard to play but at the same time it sounds like a very interesting experience. And I really like that they want to implement armor and apply it to the body parts where it actually visibly is etc. Of course it won't be a hundred percent realistic but then again I often like the "half-realistic" approach best, where you get e.g. realistic physical behavior but also the fun of levelling up your character etc.

Anyway, the site is in German, but the video should be in English, a quick search did not turn up any English links with the same video:

http://www.gamestar.de/videos/traile...nce,84308.html

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

Default Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Definitely looks interesting and appears they've gone to a lot of trouble with it. Is this one to be strictly MP?

Quote Originally Posted by easytarget View Post
    Definitely looks interesting and appears they've gone to a lot of trouble with it. Is this one to be strictly MP?
    There is a storyline where you play a peasant who does things and I think you even participate in bigger battles or can work your way up as a soldier or so. I'm not entirely sure, but I got the impression the focus is on SP for this one, if there even will be an MP mode at all.
    I don't think a whole lot is known about the story, but thy even tried to recreate the actual bohemian landscape for the SP mode. The map won't be huge, 3x3 miles, but they plan to release the storyline in parts I think.

Actually, you can apparently find more (accurate) info on wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_Come:_Deliverance
    Looks like it's SP only even, at least for now.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

Oh well now I'm actually rather interested. Have almost zero appetite for MP. Amazing they've gone to so much trouble so far w/o it really hitting radar much on the net, but this is certainly the sort of project that makes me happy kickstarter is there to help partially fund such endeavors.

Speaking of that, and not entirely related, Divinity Original Sin 2 is gearing up for a kickstarter I saw on RPS. Nice to hear DOS is coming back again for another round, loved the first one, and all those who bought the first one are getting a free copy of an enhanced original come Oct or thereabouts.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It was on KickStarter same time as Star Citizen and both use CryEngine. It hit the internet quite a lot in the past, but not as much as Star Citizen.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."