Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: A mafi(y)a game

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Default Re: A mafi(y)a game

Maybe they have and no one has noticed. We're all here twiddling our thumbs and staring at the ground. I'm fairly certain at least one of you is scum. Leaning more towards you at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Ok. Let us lynch JHT then. Vote:JHT. But if he flips innocent you are next in my book GH.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Just in case I can't post for the remainder of this phase, I'll lay out my thoughts so far. GH's question last night phase bothered me. I found it an extremely odd request. What could be gathered from that? It still doesn't make sense to me. Really I'd like some sort of explanation on that. His analysis of the kills was interesting at first, but really very little can be extracted from kills imo. It feels like he's trying to string us along. Yeah Double A was an absentee for basically the entire game until he was replaced. That's not typical behavior for scum, and he was present multiple times throughout the game. He just neglected to ever vote and was replaced by BSmith. I'd say there's only a tiny chance that Double A(BSmith) is actual scum. As far as JHT is concerned, he's just an easy target. Lurking seems to be how he plays the game. Lurking doesn't mean he's disinterested or not paying attention to the game. There's a lot less to work with, so in general people are more suspicious of lurkers.

khaan is overplaying his character imo. He's dragging it out for far longer than I figured he would. Seems like overcompensation to display normal behavior. Of course it could just be him being a townie and having a bit of fun, really hard to tell honestly. He also saved GH from the cluster tie of Day 2/3?, so there's that as well.

These are really just my gut feelings on the two of them. I'd say GH is a better lynch than khaan at this moment.

tl;dr GH is totally scum 100% A++, gut says he's stringing us along.

Forgot to unvote and vote:JHT
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My question from the other day was designed to catch people off guard. If you're townie, you have to do a little bit of thinking to put yourself in the mafia's head, but it's not that difficult once you put your mind to it. You most likely have a list of suspects; you most likely also have a list of people you're pretty sure are innocent. Ideally you, as town, want the mafia to kill either one of your suspects or one of the folks that don't fit in either category, as this makes life easier when you're narrowing things down. Meanwhile, if you're scum and you're trying to answer that question, you have to do a lot more mental gymnastics. You have to place yourself in the heads of the town, which you should be doing anyway, but you're now being asked to think like mafia thinking like town thinking like mafia. Do you say your partner? Do you say the person you have picked out as lynchbait? Do you say your target for the night? It's a lot easier for mafia to trip and fall all over themselves if they're not super careful.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Also, my fixation on Double A for a good part of the game can be explained. First of all, while I didn't consider him (and by extension BSmith) mafia until this phase, I also didn't want him alive if we got to the endgame simply because there'd be absolutely no data to go on. He wasn't worth a lynch because there were always more inviting targets (Zack, etc), and I wasn't sure if he'd get Wogged or not. I didn't want a Mafia X repeat to happen.

Also, in terms of Double A's complete inactiveness generally not reflecting typical mafia behavior, there is specific precedent for him doing so: Pirate Ship II, when he was in essence the mafia godfather in that game and went inactive mid-game because he was too busy playing video games by his own admission. As I'm going through the process of creating and balancing Pirate Ship III, I have to admit that this example was pretty darn fresh in my mind. Also, there's probably a subconscious part of me that hasn't quite forgiven him for doing that, but that's an issue for another day.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Members thankful for this post (2):

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Ummm...

I'm a power role?

Well, if either johnhughthom or I is scum according to pizza, my course is clear. Of course, if johnhughthom comes up innocent, then I'll have to consider the other possiblity, that pizza is scum.
    My game on Civfanatics could use a few more!: MNOTW XVII: The Cursed Blade!

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

You guessed my secret identity. How did you know.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    My question from the other day was designed to catch people off guard. If you're townie, you have to do a little bit of thinking to put yourself in the mafia's head, but it's not that difficult once you put your mind to it. You most likely have a list of suspects; you most likely also have a list of people you're pretty sure are innocent. Ideally you, as town, want the mafia to kill either one of your suspects or one of the folks that don't fit in either category, as this makes life easier when you're narrowing things down. Meanwhile, if you're scum and you're trying to answer that question, you have to do a lot more mental gymnastics. You have to place yourself in the heads of the town, which you should be doing anyway, but you're now being asked to think like mafia thinking like town thinking like mafia. Do you say your partner? Do you say the person you have picked out as lynchbait? Do you say your target for the night? It's a lot easier for mafia to trip and fall all over themselves if they're not super careful.
    So what did you gather from the three of us you were mainly interested in?

Blog Entries

Not much. TexCat's answer seemed the most initially suspicious to me, but this suspicion got dimmed when her reaction was mirrored by the others' and then further dimmed when she got nightkilled (). Not all probing tactics are created equal, I guess, but I'm not going to apologize for trying.

Is it just me? I have bad feeling in my gut about this jht lynch. Im not feeling this as right move. unvote
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagemusha View Post
    Is it just me? I have bad feeling in my gut about this jht lynch. Im not feeling this as right move. unvote
    Guilty results on Autolycus and Khaan and innocent result on JHT.

You should lynch inside this group to help determine whether the cop is sane or insane.

Most likely the cop is insane, or the cop is not a cop and is simply guilty himself.

Getting random cold feet and being indecisive is not a good look.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Blog Entries

Okay.

Let's force the issue.

Unvote: BSmith
    Vote: johnhughthom

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post

You should lynch inside this group to help determine whether the cop is sane or insane.

Most likely the cop is insane, or the cop is not a cop and is simply guilty himself.

Dont really care how i look, but let us test this intormation. vote: Autolycus
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Riedquat seemed extremely confident about Zack, and Zack flipped scum. Couldn't you just ask whoever what result they got on Zack?

Okay.

Let's force the issue.

What are you scared off? unvote and vote: GH
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Blog Entries

...being lynched?

Okay.

Let's force the issue.

Odd choice.

Member thankful for this post:

Blog Entries

How so?

I asked the guy who tracked Zack to the murder, and he said he was the guy that I replaced, and he said Iskander didn't commit the murder last night, so I can verify that I saw that happen personally because I'm the guy who saw it happen firsthand because I am the Tracker.

GH be the insane cop or scum or (really unlikely) sane cop with aforementioned guilty guilty innocent results.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

How so?
    Should we not prioritise the guilty readings from pizza's source rather then jht whovthe source is suggesting innocent?
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

How so?
    So you got an innocent result on Zack then?

Blog Entries

Well, since Pizza put it out in the open despite my direct PM request to him not ten minutes ago to not do this (I'm hoping he just didn't see it in time), let's put it all out in the open, shall we?

I am a Cop.

I am not *the* cop, as I had nothing to do with Zack's result. My night results are as follows:

N1: khaan. Guilty.
    N2: autolycus. Guilty.
    N3: johnhughthom. Innocent.

So why am I pushing for john so hard? Because I believe it's highly likely that I'm an insane cop, therefore reversing all of my night results.

After my N1 "guilty" on khaan, I was all set to blow him up on the thread in D2. But not right away. I wanted there to be some untainted discussion out there first, and then I would reveal after D2 was a little more than halfway over. Riedquat beat me to the punch and fingered Zack. I decided to sit on my information and see how the round played out.

Once Zack flipped guilty, I took the leap and contacted Riedquat with what I knew. Not to be a part of any network, you all know my feelings about that, but simply as a backup, to ensure that my "guilty" result lived on in case I died. I did the same when ATPG replaced Riedquat, as the role was not statistically more likely to become mafia just because ATPG replaced in. When my scan on autolycus came up "guilty" the second night, that's when I started to get suspicious. Nobody's that lucky. Plus, there was also the option of me being a "paranoid" cop, which apparently gives out guilty results no matter what. There was too much uncertainty. I passed off my second result to ATPG along with my suspicions. In the meantime, I continued to sit on my results.

N3, I scanned john and got hit with an "innocent" result. This ruled out the option of me being a paranoid cop. I knew now that there were two possibilities: Either john was scum and khaan/auto were innocent, or john was innocent and khaan/auto were scum. I wanted to have a john lynch today happen naturally in order to keep me unrevealed for another day, but now that's come and gone. I have chosen the route that I believe is more likely.

I was trying to gamble and stay alive for another night even after one of my suspects went down. That is no longer an option. Assuming john is the lynch, I will accept my impending death this night phase, knowing that I have done as a detective is supposed to do in this game.

Maybe i am just wrong eith my gut feeling. Let us see. unvote and vote: jht
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

I asked the guy who tracked Zack to the murder, and he said he was the guy that I replaced, and he said Iskander didn't commit the murder last night, so I can verify that I saw that happen personally because I'm the guy who saw it happen firsthand because I am the Tracker.

GH be the insane cop or scum or (really unlikely) sane cop with aforementioned guilty guilty innocent results.
    What was your other result?

unvote:, vote:jht

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Default Re: A mafi(y)a game - Current phase: Night FOUR

DAY FOUR

johnhughthom was lynched. He was a mafioso!
    johnhughthom: landlubber; Askthepizzaguy; seireikhaan; autolycus; GeneralHankerchief; Kagemusha; Csargo (7)
    landlubber: johnhughthom (1)
    GeneralHankerchief: BSmith II (1)

not voting: Iskander 3.1 (1)

1. Zack, mafioso, lynched on Day Two.
    2. Csargo
    3. landlubber
    4. BSmith II.
    5. Visorslash, townie, lynched on Day One.
    6. BSmith, townie, killed by the mafia on Night One.
    7. GeneralHankerchief
    8. Iskander 3.1
    9. seireikhaan
    10. Kagemusha
    11. johnhughthom, mafioso, lynched on Day Four.
    12. Askthepizzaguy
    13. autolycus
    14. TexCat, townie, killed by the mafia on Night Three.
    15. Ishmael, townie, killed by the mafia on Night Two.
    16. Winston Hughes, townie, lynched on Day Three.

It is now Night Four.
    Time remaining for this phase:
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Blog Entries

And now, it gets interesting.

Downgradez :( Member Iskander 3.1's Avatar

Sorry guys. Had to pull a couple of late nights at work and didn't have time to participate.
    Strikeout!

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast