Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What TV series are you watching?

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Default What TV series are you watching?

Recently I joined the modern world and got Netflix, there certainly are a lot of series. Currently looking Falling Skies. Recommendations are welcome. Have yet to see Breaking Bad I heard it's good. Hell on Wheels is on my list as well.

edit, can a mod fix title for me please
    Last edited by Fragony; 08-17-2015 at 07:53.

Default Re: What series are watching

Yes, Minister and Yes, Prime-Minister, for the eighth time. Obviously recommended, but I suppose everybody will have already watched the series.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

The League (you dont even have to be into American football to enjoy it), Parks and Recreation (start with season 2, season 1 is meh but otherwise its an amazing series), Archer, The Office, the IT Crowd, Friends, and Ive heard that Orange is the new Black is also very good. Oh yeah, and House of Cards is absurdly good.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Thanks for recommendations, I am hopelessly behind. I don't have tv here so I never heard of most of what's on NetflIx

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Hell on Wheels is good and Falling Skies as well. I enjoy both shows a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

Marco Polo at this point.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

Member thankful for this post:

Csargo 

The Blacklist.
    Last edited by Husar; 08-25-2015 at 05:24.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Members thankful for this post (2):

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    The Blacklist.
    Heard about that one as well, high on, well, mylist.

Currently watching Jericho, it's great. There has been full nuclear war but it'seen from a small town, you only see a mushroom cloud far away in the first episode. After that it's life as usual, for a while. It takes a few episodes before people realise that it's all pretty bad.
    Last edited by Fragony; 08-25-2015 at 05:46.

Nec Pluribus Impar Member SwordsMaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pillars of the earth. Based on book. Many good actors.
    Managing perceptions goes hand in hand with managing expectations - Masamune

Pie is merely the power of the state intruding into the private lives of the working class. - Beirut

The Blacklist.
    The first season was great, but then everything turned into conspiracy stuff in season 2 and I lost interest.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Nec Pluribus Impar Member SwordsMaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SwordsMaster View Post
    Pillars of the earth. Based on book. Many good actors.
    Actually, a bit disapoointing... Loved the books, mostly just tolerated the show.

Gave a Hell on wheels a whirl, but found the acting wooden, chiched, and unbelievable with some exceptions. Wine might decide whether I watch more of it.

Waiting for the next House of Cards. Watched the british version - it's a spectacular plot, although it's nearly 20 years old so the filming isn't as slick. Highly recommended.
    Managing perceptions goes hand in hand with managing expectations - Masamune

Pie is merely the power of the state intruding into the private lives of the working class. - Beirut

Have yet to watch the American version but the English one is great, one shrewed bastard he is for sure.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Been watching "The Arrow", "The 100", "Under the Dome", and some of BBC's "Robin Hood".

On the indy level, been watching streams of PnP games, "Titansgrave" and "Critical Role" from Geeks and Sundry.

I liked the Arrow, was is a good TV series. Not as good as Daredevil though.

The 100 has a few twists which are actually interesting. The people are actually people, so there aren't much in 'Bad Guys', just 'People who think what they are doing is right' so one episodes badguy can end up anothers good guy. Apart from the obvious sociopaths that make an appearance.

Under the Dome I liked as well, but they started going further into the mythical stuff and pulling people out of the woodwork as if to breath life in the show. So ended up going to bed one night mid-way series 2 and I haven't picked it up since.

Robin Hood is light hearted in that cheesy BBC way but if you want historical realism do not watch. However, a few of the scenes are simply gold which made it worth watching. Like this one:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Beskar; 08-29-2015 at 19:23.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

I think I'm obligated to say "The Wire" for everything. I don't even know if it's on Netflix. Or if you've seen it already.

...... The Wire.

If you have Netflix, the show Narcos just came on Netflix. Its a really good series on Pablo Escobar.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Under the Dome I liked as well, but they started going further into the mythical stuff and pulling people out of the woodwork as if to breath life in the show. So ended up going to bed one night mid-way series 2 and I haven't picked it up since.
    I think the current season(3rd iirc) is the final one, so I'm sticking with it til it's over...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    If you have Netflix, the show Narcos just came on Netflix. Its a really good series on Pablo Escobar.
    Yes, I already put it into my list, but I put so many things in there...

Under the Dome is typical Stephen 'can't wrap it up King. A lot of tension buildup, and than it gets silly.

Csargo 

Blog Entries

Couldn't sleep so I started watching one called "Grimm", it seems promising from the first couple of episodes.
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Looking Narcos, it's great. I don't know how close it is to the truth but if most of it is true Escobar sure was a ruthless bastard. Love the music I got a thing for that.

Finished Blacklist season two and did not think it became more conspiracy-theory-like.
    They just continued with what they established in season 1, Reddington had these ties from the beginning after all.

And also started with Narcos, seems very interesting indeed, especially since it was actually made here in Colombia and the English version has a lot of Spanish with subtitles.
    Which reminds me of the episodes with "Germans" in the Blacklist. They did speak German but they were all definitely not native speakers and even ignoring the accents, the dialogues seemed so unnatural at times that I didn't even get it the first time around as a native German speaker. While I appreciate the effort it was a bit strange to watch.

Grimm is fun so far. Fun fact for those interested, the stories of Grimm aren't their stories, it's much more interesting, they were collecters who wrote down mouth to mouth folklore and putted it on paper. All stories are much older than the Grimm-brothers.

Colonel In Chief Member PROVOST's Avatar

The Blacklist.

This show is awesome!

Just finished the final season of Falling Skies,watching Extant,The Last Ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Heard about that one as well, high on, well, mylist.
    Recommend it highly.
    You can build a throne with bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long. -Boris Yeltsin

мыслете наш он покой

Blog Entries

Grimm is fun so far. Fun fact for those interested, the stories of Grimm aren't their stories, it's much more interesting, they were collecters who wrote down mouth to mouth folklore and putted it on paper. All stories are much older than the Grimm-brothers.
    Looks like my post got you watching it as well. What episode/season are you on? Just hit 21, season 1.

Looks like my post got you watching it as well. What episode/season are you on? Just hit 21, season 1.
    Yeah you did. Just finished the episode with the girl that lives in the woods so I am really early in. Hoping that a more overarching story comes into play though, for now it's more of a concept, it's fun though

Blog Entries

Yeah you did. Just finished the episode with the girl that lives in the woods so I am really early in. Hoping that a more overarching story comes into play though, for now it's more of a concept, it's fun though
    Seems to be, but it spans over seasons so would find out in the next, I hope.

Seems to be, but it spans over seasons so would find out in the next, I hope.
    If the formula starts to wear thin I highly recommend 'Penny Dreadful. All great characters, especially Dorian Gray. There is only one season, they know when to stop.
    Last edited by Fragony; 09-08-2015 at 09:53.

Saw some Grimm before, but didn't consider it a quality series, much like buffy and many other fantasy TV series.
    They are somewhat entertaining but I can't take them very seriously.

Done with the entire season of Narcos though, now that is quality TV! Not for children, but there is pretty much nothing I don't like about it:
    - Beautiful sceneries: check
    - Interesting story: check
    - Believable acting: check

Quite impressed by the picture quality Netflix seems to deliver in HD as well. And that without requiring you to have 20MBit or so.

Csargo 

You forgot mentioning the music. Can't wait for the second season. Agree with you on Grimm, it's a bit like Buffy, kinda lost interest after a few episodes.

I liked the Arrow, was is a good TV series. Not as good as Daredevil though.
    It's just Arrow, not the Arrow. The Arrow is the third thing people call him in universe (after "the vigilante" and "the hood"). Also as the show goes on the amount of comic book stuff goes up a lot. Season 2 main baddie wears a full on costume (even more so than Arrow's). His side kick too. They add another super hero (The Canary). Season 3 (and the upcoming 4) takes it farther. So if you don't mind that The Flash, Constantine the series, upcoming Legends of tommorow and possibly Supergirl are all in universe with Arrow.

^Promo short for the end of season 3 Arrow and 1 Flash.

Fun fact about Grimm, it was created by one of the main guys behind Buffy the vampire slayer who wasn't Joss Whedon (David Greenwalt the experienced TV guy). Grimm's are a lot like slayers. Super humans who can fight any monster. And yes Grimm's are super human, over the course of the show it becomes clear Nick is both stronger and faster than any normal person, and has more or less instincual combat prowess with cold steel. It's becomes more clear when they introduce healthy female Grimm's
    Trubel and
    Nick's mom
    . And most Wessen. He even gets super hearing eventually. As they curbstomp any takers except Nick. Also theres a scooby gang.
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast