Thread: Crashes and Glitches on Steam EBII

Default Crashes and Glitches on Steam EBII

I recently installed EBII on my computer using Steam. The game mostly functions well, but it's common for my campaigns to crash from unspecified errors, and sometimes my battles do, too, if I'm using a siege tower on a huge city.

One major issue I've encountered is that in one of my campaigns, at the start of turn 282, a message pops up saying my king's authority has been increased. The moment I close it, the loading icon appears, but it never goes away after that. I can't click or select anything, to the point where I have to force quit out of the game.

The path to the mod's files on my computer at C:/Program Files(x86)>Steam>Steamapps>Common>Medieval II Total War>Mods>EBII. I've tried to shorten it as suggested, but either my computer refuses to move the files or the mod doesn't start. I have version 2.01 of the mod.

Thank you.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—I went to the danger zone.

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Default Re: Crashes and Glitches on Steam EBII

Uh, why are you still playing 2.01? Battles are all kinds of broken, and we've fixed many bugs as well as changed huge amounts of the gameplay elements with the testing versions, currently on 2.04b (shortly to move to 2.04c)
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR