Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thanks US marines!

Default Re: Thanks US marines!

Quote Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
    With all due respect Brenus (and your replies garner little)

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

It still stands that there were many more French than Americans and the percentage of Americans who responded to the percentage of French who responded speaks hugely about the culture of the two countries.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Railroad_car
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Member thankful for this post:

Husar 

Senior Member Senior Member Brenus's Avatar

"Frances entire history in the last 100 years backs this point up even more." 1,600,000 killed during WW1 to defend the country.

And I agree. I shouldn't mention the fact I have experience in war.

The fact your entire argument is stupid and has absolutely no grounds is largely enough.
    Last edited by Brenus; 08-24-2015 at 18:17.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.

"I've been in few famous last stands, lad, and they're butcher shops. That's what Blouse's leading you into, mark my words. What'll you lot do then? We've had a few scuffles, but that's not war. Think you'll be man enough to stand, when the metal meets the meat?"
    "You did, sarge", said Polly." You said you were in few last stands."
    "Yeah, lad. But I was holding the metal"
    Sergeant Major Jackrum 10th Light Foot Infantery Regiment "Inns-and-Out"

Members thankful for this post (3):

Brenus, I AM aware that most people run.

That however doesn't mean I would, nor do I think it's logical, nor will it stop me from seeing them as cattle.

Still doesn't explain why the train personnel locked themselves into a room without doing **** to help though. You don't need to be a hero to do that, doing your job would have been sufficient.

EDIT: Note that I nowhere trashed "The French"... Don't mistake me for Vuk.

Also, the way you quote still sucks... Can it be THAT hard to use the "quote function". It was like you were attacking me AND Vuk and it was for a newcomer impossible to understand who said what.

Feel free to attack my arguments, but don't mistake them for other people's...
    Last edited by Kadagar_AV; 08-24-2015 at 21:01.

Still doesn't explain why the train personnel locked themselves into a room without doing **** to help though. You don't need to be a hero to do that, doing your job would have been sufficient.
    Probably, fighting off armed attackers isn't in their job description. In all likelihood their procedure in such events was followed to the letter here.

Police officers, on the other hand...

According to some reports,[7] Gelman started banging on the door of a motorman's cab, demanding to be let in, at which point two police officers assigned to the manhunt arrived and subdued him after a struggle with Lozito's help. However, other accounts[10][11] stated that Lozito engaged in a physical confrontation that subdued Gelman, while officers Terrance Howell and Tamara Taylor hid in the motorman's cab, and did not come out until Lozito had disarmed Gelman and pinned him on the ground.[7][10]

[...]

In the spring of 2012, Joseph Lozito, who was brutally stabbed and "grievously wounded, deeply slashed around the head and neck", sued police for negligence in failing to render assistance to him as he was being attacked by Gelman.[19][20][21] Lozito told reporters that he decided to file the lawsuit after learning from "a grand-jury member" that NYPD officer Terrance Howell testified that he hid from Gelman before and while Lozito was being attacked because Howell thought Gelman had a gun.[22][23] In response to the suit, attorneys for the City of New York argued that police had no duty to protect Lozito or any other person from Gelman.[22] On July 25, 2013, Judge Margaret Chan dismissed Lozito's suit; stating while sympathetic to the Lozito's account and not doubting his testimony, agreed that police had "no special duty" to protect Lozito.[
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maksim...stabbing_spree

Let's be honest here, when someone attacks civilian targets in a crowded public space, it will just as likely be private citizens who have to subdue them than either government agents or commercial security personnel. It's cheaper to offload the actual burden on the civilians - it's why the whole War on Terror has spent so many billions on guarding against non-existent threats; that way the contracts keep flowing, everyone gets paid, and no worries...
    Vitiate Man.

Husar 

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Probably, fighting off armed attackers isn't in their job description. In all likelihood their procedure in such events was followed to the letter here.
    IIRC That train have wagons with "compartments" as well, not just open ones...

They could have used their master key, locked the doors, and told people to shut the curtains and take shelter?

They could at least have given a damn "heads up" as they ran?

They could have tried to at least get like ONE passenger into the locked room with them?

I wouldn't ask of a, say, poor 56 year old woman having a low wage job, to turn into superman... But GEEZ!!

Darkside Medic Senior Member rory_20_uk's Avatar
    Blog Entries

They were french. To overcome adversity in France again requires the Americans and the English.

An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Well sheer panic tends to cloud judgement and all rational thinking for most people I imagine in situations like this. I havent been in this situation so personally I won't judge.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Members thankful for this post (3):

Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    Well sheAr panic tends to cloud judgement and all rational thinking for most people I imagine in situations like this. I havent been in this situation so personally I won't judge.
    FIFY

HG used the correct spelling.
    Vitiate Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    HG used the correct spelling.
    You missed the point.

Shear panic... Google it if you don't get it.

Last edited by Kadagar_AV; 08-25-2015 at 01:30.

"Well sheer panic tends to cloud judgement and all rational thinking for most people I imagine in situations like this." It is due to training. The French guy who first try was injured as he try to protect his family. The US soldiers had training and time to think. They were able to see a jammed weapon, so they took the right decision.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.

"I've been in few famous last stands, lad, and they're butcher shops. That's what Blouse's leading you into, mark my words. What'll you lot do then? We've had a few scuffles, but that's not war. Think you'll be man enough to stand, when the metal meets the meat?"

Quote Originally Posted by Brenus View Post
    "Well sheer panic tends to cloud judgement and all rational thinking for most people I imagine in situations like this." It is due to training. The French guy who first try was injured as he try to protect his family. The US soldiers had training and time to think. They were able to see a jammed weapon, so they took the right decision.
    It is NOT down to training... Removed

That's why the army test so hard, to separate the cattle from the gold.

Brenus claimed he has been to 3 wars, but the first time questioned about it then back stepped and explained he wasn't in arms. He was, like, just there... Humanitarian, you know?

To have completed the entire Call of Duty series is not having completed your Tour of Duty.
    Do not hound for personal information.

Also, you still haven't mastered the quote function that has been around since the internet was borne.
    Last edited by Beskar; 08-27-2015 at 02:38. Reason: *cough* cattle *cough*

"This comes from a guy who proclaimed he has been to 3 wars, but the first time questioned about it then back stepped and explained he wasn't in arms. He was, like, just there... Humanitarian, you know?" Yeap. And? I never step back. You see, I was a professional soldier during 5 years, that give me the hint about training. I went in 3 war, which give a good view how brutal the thing is.
    How do you thing I've got injured? In sitting behind my keyboard? I was not just there. I volunteer to go to help refugees to survive winter and war, when the "armed" soldiers were just sitting in their bunkers.
    You really think I din't see you coming? Poor, poor. poor old Kadagar... Your world is so narrow... I was hoping to be wrong, to be fair. But no, you are who/what you look to be...
    Now, tell me in what my 3 wars differ from what you consider a normal way to do to war? Well, except the fact I was unarmed... Are the bullets different? Or the bombs, perhaps? Or to go in valley that could be a death trap?
    "Also, you still haven't mastered the quote function that has been around since the internet was borne." As your previous intervention, irrelevant, a diversion...

Above post.
    On this forum we only have so much trust to work with.
    As explained in PM, we trust each-other to be honest and the curousity not to hound for personal information.

If you have the experience you claim, I am sorry for questioning it, removed

If indeed your experience is true you have plenty of more chances to redeem your reputation, even on a anonymous board... So don't take it to harsh :) But he doesn't have to post IRL information to do this nor should he have to.
    Last edited by Beskar; 08-27-2015 at 02:40.

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rory_20_uk View Post
    They were french. To overcome adversity in France again requires the Americans and the English.

The French have traditionally needed Englishmen on the scene in order to overcome adversity in France. Of course, most of the time we were the adversity that they were overcoming, but that's beside the point.

Members thankful for this post (2):

Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    Above post
    Last edited by Beskar; 08-27-2015 at 02:41.

http://www.youngcons.com/fourth-amer...is-train-hero/

Sorry mate, that first Frenchman was an American to. Put that in your pipe and do something with it, mate.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
    http://www.youngcons.com/fourth-amer...is-train-hero/

Sorry mate, that first Frenchman was an American to. Put that in your pipe and do something with it, mate.
    If France is so bad, why do all these American heroes want to go there by train?

"Is it true what you say? Might be, might not" If you are telling I am a liar, do tell. Then, I will ask for full apologies, as of course, I am not. And of course, I have all what I need to prove it.
    A little bit of reading and the pictures I posted in the past would save you from humiliation...

"The fact you crumbled when questioned?" Huh? When? You ask the 3 wars I went in, I told you. Then, as your world is narrow, you assume it was as soldier which I corrected. You still didn't tell what difference it would made as war experience to be a humanitarian, but didn't expect that much.
    I am proud to have been in Humanitarian help. It is not lesser than to be soldier. As I said I was both.

So to summary:
    You are telling that I am a liar for:
    - Having being a professional Soldier: Yes-No. If you tick yes, I will post pictures and I will demand full apologies.
    - I went in 3 wars: Yes-No. If you tick yes, I will post pictures,and I will demand full apologies
    - I was injured in a war: Yes-No. If you tick yes, you know what will happened.

Are you doing it?

"Sorry mate, but you can not claim things around issues close to my heart, and then fold first time you are called." Chiche? In French in the text. Do it. If you dare. You are good in insults, I want to see if you are good in apologies. Come on...

"Sorry mate, that first Frenchman was an American to. Put that in your pipe and do something with it, mate"
    https://uk.news.yahoo.com/french-ame...7.html#vAaDRTF
    Wrong again, I am sorry, but you start to know the feeling
    " According to French President Francois Hollande, a Frenchman was the first to encounter the gunman as he left the toilet, alerting others in the area. That person, Hollande said, wished to remain anonymous." Sorry. Not really, but...
    Last edited by Brenus; 08-25-2015 at 18:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    If France is so bad, why do all these American heroes want to go there by train?
    Are you sure they want to go THERE rather than go THROUGH THERE?

So to summary:
    - Having being a professional Soldier: Yes-No. If you tick yes, I will post pictures and I will demand full apologies.
    - I went in 3 wars: Yes-No. If you tick yes, I will post pictures,and I will demand full apologies
    According to what I've been taught all those 1,5 years on these boards, the evidence from a person "emotionally invested" in the discussed topic is not the one to be trusted. It may turn out (self)propaganda, even if it is a video or a picture (both of which can be workmanlike fakes).

Although, if you manage to provide evidence from several reliable news agencies (the limited list includes BBC, Reuters and AlJazeera) the public here may reconsider the verdict of initial distrust.

" According to French President Francois Hollande, a Frenchman was the first to encounter the gunman as he left the toilet, alerting others in the area. That person, Hollande said, wished to remain anonymous." Sorry. Not really, but...
    Uh-oh. No, no, NO. All statements by western (as well as Ukrainian) officials are self-advertizing propaganda. Let me quote yourself:

Bla bla bla bla. From Ukrainianationalist.com, I suppose, or equivalent (Ukr.gov.propaganda.com?).

So you evidently have taken your information from FrenchmenAreAValiantNation.com or Fr.gov.propaganda.com.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
    The article exists for a reason yes, I did not write it...

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

"Is it true what you say? Might be, might not" If you are telling I am a liar, do tell. Then, I will ask for full apologies, as of course, I am not. And of course, I have all what I need to prove it.
    A little bit of reading and the pictures I posted in the past would save you from humiliation...

"The fact you crumbled when questioned?" Huh? When? You ask the 3 wars I went in, I told you. Then, as your world is narrow, you assume it was as soldier which I corrected. You still didn't tell what difference it would made as war experience to be a humanitarian, but didn't expect that much.
    I am proud to have been in Humanitarian help. It is not lesser than to be soldier. As I said I was both.

So to summary:

Are you doing it?

"Sorry mate, but you can not claim things around issues close to my heart, and then fold first time you are called." Chiche? In French in the text. Do it. If you dare. You are good in insults, I want to see if you are good in apologies. Come on...

"Sorry mate, that first Frenchman was an American to. Put that in your pipe and do something with it, mate"
    I am sure you aren't liar but I am calling you one anyway just for the pics
    Last edited by Beskar; 08-27-2015 at 02:43. Reason: Fragony is doing a friendly joke

Husar 

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrandir View Post
    Are you sure they want to go THERE rather than go THROUGH THERE?
    The train ends in Paris, so...

As for the superior culture, you are probably more likely to get shoty by a cop in the US over a broken tail light (or to get shot at all in the US) than you are to get shot by a jihadist in France, but don't let that get into the way of an awesome argument over how much worse French culture is.
    Last edited by Husar; 08-26-2015 at 16:42.

As for the superior culture, you are probably more likely to get shoty by a cop in the US over a broken tail light (or to get shot at all in the US) than you are to get shot by a jihadist in France, but don't let that get into the way of an awesome argument over how much worse French culture is.
    Seem to mainly be because of behavioral issues...

Chris Rock explains it here:
    Last edited by Beskar; 08-27-2015 at 02:47.

Perhaps their destination was Barcelona, and they just changed trains in Paris.

Perhaps their destination was Barcelona, and they just changed trains in Paris.
    Seems unlikely: http://www.today.com/parents/where-d...utside-6232354

#8 BARCELONA, SPAIN
    Barcelona beats Madrid for the top city in Spain visited by U.S. travelers, especially 20-somethings on holiday in Europe. It's an arty, youthful city on the sea with a labyrinth of narrow streets and gorgeous plazas, branded by fairy-tale architecture from the quirky godfather of modern Catalonian architecture, Antoni Gaudi.
    #4 PARIS, FRANCE
    Millions of U.S. travelers flood the city of Paris every year to walk the romantic cobblestone streets of the Latin Quarter, kiss on the pedestrian bridges over the River Seine, marvel at the Gothic facade of old Notre Dame, or ride the elevator up the elegant iron legs of the Eiffel Tower for a grandstand view of the City of Light. And then, of course, there's the food… whether it's nibbling a fresh baguette from a riverside bakery or tucking into steak béarnaise at a tiny Montmartre bistro, everything tastes better in Paris.

Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar

The first person was the anonymous Frenchman, but we don't know wether he was injured or not. The guy who got wounded trying to protect his wife was a French-American teacher.

Ok, let the destination then be Cancun, what if tickets there from Paris (plus the fare to Paris from Brussels) are cheaper than directly from Brussels?

And what if they were not typical Americans and were heading to, say, Agincourt (via Paris because it was cheaper):http://www.agincourt600.com/

Just don't start linking all Paris and Brussels airport and railway station sites and giving ticket prices from either to Cancun or Agincourt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralizec View Post
    The first person was the anonymous Frenchman, but we don't know wether he was injured or not.
    "Anonymous" sounds more like a Greek name. So the full one might have been Anonymous Anynomakidis. Certainly NOT French.

Just don't start linking all Paris and Brussels airport and railway station sites and giving ticket prices from either to Cancun or Agincourt.
    Wait, this will be a long post...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast