Thread: Is there any way to enhance battle (and maybe campaign) AI?

Question Is there any way to enhance battle (and maybe campaign) AI?

Hello everyone,

I was playing the campaign and I have realized that, even though both campaign difficulty and battle difficulty is at Very Hard, the battle AI is still terrible.

For example, when I am assaulting a town, AI just keeps running its units beside the walls, simply tiring them and exposing them to my missiles at the same time. Similarly, in a siege, phanlanx type units prefer to fight near the walls, instead of simply blocking the individual streets. Another example is AI keeps it's archers at the town square as my rams approach the walls.

Similarly, on the campaign map, AI keeps its forces in numerous smaller armies, instead of in one big strong army. This makes them easier to eliminate.

So, coming to the point, is there any way (mods, tweaks in game files, anything...) that can present solutions to these and nicely enhance the battle (and/or campaign) AI?

Regards

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Is there any way to enhance battle (and maybe campaign) AI?

For the battle A.I. the answer is yes, for the campaign A.I. the answer is no (as far as I know).

There are several mods available that improve battlefield performance by tweaking the game's formation files (that tell the A.I. where and how to position its troops). The most famous is DarthMod (although the later versions of DarthMod changed things other than the formations). You can find their main forums here.

Welcome to the .Org, by the way .
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Member thankful for this post:

utku