Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trump

Default Re: Trumped

Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    Why do you think his name is Rand​ Paul?
    Look it up on wikipedia. Got nothing to do with Ayn Rand.
    "And if the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war and not popularity seeking. If they want peace, they and their relatives must stop the war." - William Tecumseh Sherman

“The market, like the Lord, helps those who help themselves. But unlike the Lord, the market does not forgive those who know not what they do.” - Warren Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by rvg View Post
    Look it up on wikipedia. Got nothing to do with Ayn Rand.
    Even so, he grew up reading Ayn Rand and is nothing more than a pragmatic version of his father.

Even so, he grew up reading Ayn Rand and is nothing more than a pragmatic version of his father.
    Can you prove it?
    "And if the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war and not popularity seeking. If they want peace, they and their relatives must stop the war." - William Tecumseh Sherman

“The market, like the Lord, helps those who help themselves. But unlike the Lord, the market does not forgive those who know not what they do.” - Warren Buffett

Can you prove it?
    Read the wikipedia page.

Read the wikipedia page.
    So, just because he read Ayn rand, that makes him 'an Ayn Rand worshipping nutcake'?

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

Members thankful for this post (2):

Once again, where's your proof of him saying that Ayn Rand changed his life?

Master of useless knowledge Senior Member Kitten Shooting Champion, Eskiv Champion Ironside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    Sadly the same applies to clinton, and guess who you get to choose between!
    I'm sort of curious about that one. Even as a political opportunist (which is from what I can see is the main opposition against her), you have to more or less follow what you say, since even as a president you need continuous support of your own party and the support of the people for at least 4 years. Her connections seems to be more that she's not hunting Wall Street as much as she would prefer (her voting record puts her on the left in the Democratic party).

The Republicans on the other hand is trying to balance the budget by huge tax cuts, so the tickle down effect will make everything wonderful again with its huge growth. The purists are at least discussing cutting pensions and medicare rather than the sole focus on medicaid and magic thinking to cut the major expenses. The military budget is holy of course and can't be touched.
    We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled. But how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any particular time, or even all the time? Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?

Project PYRRHO, Specimen 46, Vat 7
    Activity Recorded M.Y. 2302.22467
    TERMINATION OF SPECIMEN ADVISED

Once again, where's your proof of him saying that Ayn Rand changed his life?
    Why be obtuse with me? Can't we recognize an objectivist libertarian when we see one?

Why be obtuse with me? Can't we recognize an objectivist libertarian when we see one?
    I don't like assigning labels like "Ayn Rand worshipping nutcake" without evidence.

I don't like assigning labels like "Ayn Rand worshipping nutcake" without evidence.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD-R_OeP6tU
    6 trillion hours on google search.
    Requesting suggestions for new sig.

-><- GOGOGO GOGOGO WINLAND WINLAND ALL HAIL TECHNOVIKING!SCHUMACHER!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WHY AM I NOT BEING PAID FOR THIS???

Quote Originally Posted by CrossLOPER View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD-R_OeP6tU
    6 trillion hours on google search.
    You might wanna change your description of him to "Dostoyevsky worshipping nutcake". So yeah, doesn't quite cut it.

Master of useless knowledge Senior Member Kitten Shooting Champion, Eskiv Champion Ironside's Avatar

You might wanna change your description of him to "Dostoyevsky worshipping nutcake". So yeah, doesn't quite cut it.
    He's explicit that reading Ayn Rand (all her books) was how he started to read Austrian School economics. Worshiping her? Probably not. Her being very influential on him? Most certainly.
    We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled. But how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any particular time, or even all the time? Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?

Quote Originally Posted by Ironside View Post
    ... Her being very influential on him? Most certainly.
    Not sure I can buy that, considering that he is listing two of his favorite books (which he considers to be some of the best ever written) and neither one of those is by Ayn Rand.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Who cares what he reads, he's unfit because he's a walking stereotype of everything the international community (unjustly) dislike about Americans. It's like electing Gordon Gecko.

Blog Entries

Trump or Paul?

Edit: Predicted answer: "yes."
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

Members thankful for this post (2):

Husar 

Horse Archer Senior Member Sarmatian's Avatar

Trump has an actual personality, which is rare among modern politicians.

Instead of the usual political double talk, Trump immediately proposes a solution.

Average republican: "Yes, we have a problem with illegal immigrants from Mexico, we have to take actions. As a president, I will be looking to a wide range of possible actions that I could possibly take so that in end it appears that I said something while I really didn't say anything..."

Trump: "We will build a huge wall on our southern border and Mexico is gonna pay for it!"

It is a completely separate issue that all his solutions are borderline insane.

Member thankful for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatian View Post
    Trump has an actual personality, which is rare among modern politicians.
    It is a completely separate issue that all his solutions are borderline insane.
    That is exactly his appeal: he says what he thinks no matter how crazy it might sound.

That is exactly his appeal: he says what he thinks no matter how crazy it might sound.
    That is the problem - people are so bored and politicians are so out of touch with them that the people are ready to vote for anyone who will give them a clear answer, no matter how idiotic it is.

I've tried watching the debates on Youtube, I really did, but I can't stand that drivel. "Oh, yes, I have a lovely wife and I'm father of three. My eldest daughter is a nurse, my middle child goes to college and my youngest likes to play outside. My wife and I go to church and like long walks in the rain"

WTF? Did you see your ***ing marriage counselor in the audience? Or your family therapist? Why should anyone care about that? Get to the f-ing point and say anything that even remotely resembles a plan of action.

On the opposite end, in the democratic debate, you have Sanders, who actually speaks his mind and proposes a concrete plan of action, the only difference between him and Trump is that he is actually sane and his plan makes sense.

But, in the end, it's probably gonna be Trump for reps, and then he is soundly beaten by Clinton in the actual elections.

Trump is the best thing that has happened to the electoral process in the past two decades. The system really needed a shakeup, and he provided it. With that being said, he cannot be allowed anywhere near the oval office.
    Perfectly sound. He's a bit like our Wilders, the canarie in the colemine. But would indeed be bad for America if he gets too many votes.

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Yes, the canary is supposed to be eliminated before things get critical.

So Trump can stir things up. Hopefully the end result is a few more straight talkers, and less crazy ideas.

Mind you a fence along the Mexico border would create a lot of jobs and might unintentional kickstart the economy if it is Hoover sized.
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

"Oh, yes, I have a lovely wife
    Respects women. +1

and I'm father of three.
    Family man. +1

My eldest daughter is a nurse, my middle child goes to college and my youngest likes to play outside.
    His children are so successful and happy, what a great dad he must be. +3 (one for each child)

My wife and I go to church
    Religious man. +12 (one for each apostle)

and like long walks in the rain"
    What a silly thing to do, he must be a fun guy to be around. +20 (one for each raindrop in a milliliter)

WTF? Did you see your ***ing marriage counselor in the audience? Or your family therapist? Why should anyone care about that? Get to the f-ing point and say anything that even remotely resembles a plan of action.
    Atheist homo check.
    Requesting suggestions for new sig.

-><- GOGOGO GOGOGO WINLAND WINLAND ALL HAIL TECHNOVIKING!SCHUMACHER!
    WHY AM I NOT BEING PAID FOR THIS???

Not sure I can buy that, considering that he is listing two of his favorite books (which he considers to be some of the best ever written) and neither one of those is by Ayn Rand.
    From what I've heard, Ayn Rand's books are a bit boring to read. More that you read them for the ideas, rather than the prose or story.

But seriously,he says "I've red all her books, I got my favorite author on her's recommendation and red a lot of free market Austrian school economists (that heavily influenced my policies) that were sort of fellow travelers to Ayn Rand."

Would you do that statement with an author you find mediocre or worse? That's heavy fanboy demonstration. I can't even make that statement with my favorite authors and be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossLOPER View Post
    Atheist homo check.
    Indeed. When I see those idiots, I thank God I'm an atheist.

Quote Originally Posted by Papewaio View Post
    Yes, the canary is supposed to be eliminated before things get critical.
    Hey that happened here, Fortuyn was actually very moderate and reasonable. Wilders isn't very extreme either by the way, just outspoken (often hilarious, he should go for a career as a comedian instead as he can be extremily funny)

Wilders is in Australia at the moment. Trying to raise awareness of the Australia version of his party.
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Papewaio View Post
    Wilders is in Australia at the moment. Trying to raise awareness of the Australia version of his party.
    I know, I don't understand why really, Australia already has pretty damn harsh immigration policies, and hardly any trouble

We should enjoy our last days on these internets before Trump has them closed down.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/12/7/98...net-bill-gates

"We're losing a lot of people because of the internet," Trump said. "We have to see Bill Gates and a lot of different people that really understand what's happening. We have to talk to them about, maybe in certain areas, closing that internet up in some ways. Somebody will say, 'Oh freedom of speech, freedom of speech.' These are foolish people."

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

So that oath that US Servicemen swear...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast