Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trump

Default Trumped

Last edited by Shaka_Khan; 08-24-2015 at 15:56.
    Wooooo!!!

Default Re: Trumped

The classiest presidential candidate ever!

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

So, who's going to get elected?

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

Blog Entries

If debate performance is any indication, him.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    If debate performance is any indication, him.
    Rise of the floppy hair blondes. First Trump, then Boris Johnson 2020, you know it will be true.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

We are in the end of days.

Last edited by Hooahguy; 08-24-2015 at 20:07.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Members thankful for this post (5):

Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post

[IMG]
    Well, we complained, and God answered.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Members thankful for this post (10):

+ Show/Hide List

Oh god, if Trump running wasn't terrifying enough.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Member thankful for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by drone View Post
    *snip*
    In his house at Manhattan Donald Trump's Hair lies dreaming?

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

Members thankful for this post (2):

I get the feeling that this guy is isolated in a world of business where business people treat him nicely whether they like him or not.
    Wooooo!!!

Donald Trump went bankrupt and got forgiven his debts. He came back stronger than ever, in part because he was allowed to. I hope he realizes that it won't work like that if he bankrupts America.
    In those simple times there was a great wonder and mystery in life. Man walked in fear and solemnity, with Heaven very close above his head, and Hell below his very feet. God's visible hand was everywhere, in the rainbow and the comet, in the thunder and the wind. The Devil too raged openly upon the earth; he skulked behind the hedge-rows in the gloaming; he laughed loudly in the night-time; he clawed the dying sinner, pounced on the unbaptized babe, and twisted the limbs of the epileptic. A foul fiend slunk ever by a man's side and whispered villainies in his ear, while above him there hovered an angel of grace . . .

Arthur Conan Doyle

Blog Entries

To be fair that was his companies that went bankrupt, not him personally and they keep coming back from it.

Quote Originally Posted by rajpoot View Post
    In his house at Manhattan Donald Trump's Hair lies dreaming?
    "That is not bald which can eternal lie,
    And with strange aeons even hair may die."
    Last edited by Greyblades; 08-26-2015 at 10:34.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

Members thankful for this post (3):

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

So seems Trumps out ahead in the early States - god damn the US system is corrupt.

The lack of consistency and the fact that States declare one after another.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

Last I checked, he was only ahead of the other GOP candidates. Hillary is still beating him handily.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Blog Entries

The republicans own both houses and the supreme court, even after the debt ceiling and Iran deal fiasco. There is absolutely nothing cetain to be said about the next year's events.

Doesn't matter though, either win screws America for four years the only difference is which flavour of suck.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 08-28-2015 at 02:02.

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

Last I checked, he was only ahead of the other GOP candidates. Hillary is still beating him handily.
    Assuming Hilary wins the Dem nomination.

As someone closely associated with both Clinton and Obama she has, I would think, quite a lot counting against her.

The whole proposal is weird - what do you do with Bill Clinton while she's President? Send him on a four-year world tour? It would be very easy for any GOP candidate to attack her as basically a stalking horse to get her husband back into the White House because while he can hide whilst she's Obama's Secretary of State it's very hard to keep him away from the cameras and avoid photo ops of him in, say the Rose Garden, or on the White House Lawn.

There's also the fact that Bill Clinton is, hands down, a more charismatic and commanding presence than his wife.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

The republicans own both houses and the supreme court, even after the debt ceiling and Iran deal fiasco. There is absolutely nothing cetain to be said about the next year's events.
    It's in the math. The GOP owns both houses due to gerrymandering the House districts and the rural states equality in the Senate, the popular vote is against them nationwide. The only hope they have for the White House is to keep/improve the white vote from 2012 AND significantly increase the Latino vote, which Trump is doing a good job of alienating. The GOP leadership knows this, he will either be marginalized when the primaries start, or the GOP is about to waste a lot of money on a lost cause.

Nobody is ahead of anybody right now, the first real voting happens in February.

Doesn't matter though, either win screws America for four years the only difference is which flavour of suck.
    That goes without saying...
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

I actually think that the GOP gaining both houses in the last mid term election was a terrible thing for the GOP. Now that they are in control of both houses, they really dont have much of an excuse as to why things arent getting done. When the Democrats had control of the Senate, the GOP could just blame it on them, but now that they actually have to do stuff, they dont really have many more excuses and the polls will reflect that in the coming elections. Sure, they can just blame it on Obama as per usual, but Obamas approval rating is around 46% (Gallup) which isnt terrible considering thats almost half, while congressional approval rating is much, much lower, currently at around 14%.

There is some proof for this in the fact that in a number of states where they voted out Democrats, they also voted for progressive ballot measures.

When approval rating is that low, I doubt that people are going to want the same people in office. Now, this isnt guaranteeing a Democratic victory this election; it might take another cycle to see the colors change, but I would bet on the fact that the recent GOP victory will be short lived. Unless something radical happens in which case who knows?
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

I don't know enough about America's politics to comment on it, but from an outsider's view just his appearance seems like a bad idea, it isn't someone anyone is going to look forward talking to. He comes across as really dumb, don't know if he is, he probably isn't but that's how he looks.

Wooooo!!!

Members thankful for this post (2):

I love the man and I will vote for him tomorrow if I can.

Husar 

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    I don't know enough about America's politics to comment on it, but from an outsider's view just his appearance seems like a bad idea, it isn't someone anyone is going to look forward talking to. He comes across as really dumb, don't know if he is, he probably isn't but that's how he looks.
    Basically, there is this retarded idea being pushed forth by right-wing leaning media like Limbaugh, Hannity, Cain and Erickson that, because Trump is not a politician (an "outsider") and has a lot of money, he is not corrupt like politicians and can make the United States rich and kick out all the Mexican rapists, win all the wars, incorporate Iraq's oil as payment for their freedom (Hannity defends this totally) and pave the streets with gold and all of that. If I thought that Trump had a functional brain, I would say that he is brilliant to realize the dimness of the average US voter and how to play on that. The reason why Republicans shy away from making the claims that he makes is because they know it will devastate the party in the end. I mean, they have done it to themselves, but what Trump is doing is way past the desperation of Republicans to maintain their power.

Hannity defends this by saying that Trump is not afraid of speaking his mind. That much is true. The problem is that his head is completely empty. Hannity also treats going to Washington D.C. like a necessary evil and constantly refers to it as "Sin City". He acts like going there is going to give him cooties.

In case you are wondering, Limbaugh is the dimmest of the dim bulbs who thinks that NASA stating that they found evidence of running water on Mars is a liberal conspiracy and Erickson is a fanatic. They also seem to suffer from foreign memory syndrome, since they all claimed to have seen that aborted baby skull cracking video that did not actually exist.
    Last edited by CrossLOPER; 10-18-2015 at 16:39.
    Requesting suggestions for new sig.

-><- GOGOGO GOGOGO WINLAND WINLAND ALL HAIL TECHNOVIKING!SCHUMACHER!
    WHY AM I NOT BEING PAID FOR THIS???

Trump is the best thing that has happened to the electoral process in the past two decades. The system really needed a shakeup, and he provided it. With that being said, he cannot be allowed anywhere near the oval office.
    "And if the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war and not popularity seeking. If they want peace, they and their relatives must stop the war." - William Tecumseh Sherman

“The market, like the Lord, helps those who help themselves. But unlike the Lord, the market does not forgive those who know not what they do.” - Warren Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by rvg View Post
    The system really needed a shakeup
    See, when I think "shakeup", I think a fresh cast of idealistic candidates who have an interest in one or two major issues, and have interesting ideas regarding those issues. Instead, what there is happens to be email servers and an idiot, plus there are some kettleheads like Cruz in the background making noise. Basically, it's 2000 all over again.

Blog Entries

With that being said, he cannot be allowed anywhere near the oval office.
    Sadly the same applies to clinton, and guess who you get to choose between!

Quote Originally Posted by CrossLOPER View Post
    See, when I think "shakeup", I think a fresh cast of idealistic candidates who have an interest in one or two major issues, and have interesting ideas regarding those issues.
    Rand Paul fits that mold to a certain degree.

Instead, what there is happens to be email servers and an idiot, plus there are some kettleheads like Cruz in the background making noise. Basically, it's 2000 all over again.
    Baby steps towards progress. Not leaps, baby steps. This democracy has survived this long precisely because it doesn't leap much.
    "And if the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war and not popularity seeking. If they want peace, they and their relatives must stop the war." - William Tecumseh Sherman

“The market, like the Lord, helps those who help themselves. But unlike the Lord, the market does not forgive those who know not what they do.” - Warren Buffett

Rand Paul fits that mold to a certain degree.
    Ayn Rand worshiping nutcake.

Baby steps towards progress. Not leaps, baby steps. This democracy has survived this long precisely because it doesn't leap much.
    Steps that result in bilateral fractures.
    Last edited by CrossLOPER; 10-19-2015 at 00:37.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossLOPER View Post
    Ayn Rand worshiping nutcake.
    You're confusing him with Paul Ryan.

Steps that result in bilateral fractures.
    Not sure what you mean by this.

You're confusing him with Paul Ryan.
    Why do you think his name is Rand​ Paul?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast