Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trump

Default Re: Trumped

That quote is 100% distilled fascism.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Trump

Sounds like another elderly politician not understanding new technology, personally im more concerned with the new thought police
    Last edited by Greyblades; 12-10-2015 at 08:26.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Blog Entries

And its complete bunk.

WHAT'S TRUE: Donald Trump proposed contacting Bill Gates to determine whether specific individuals or groups could be restricted from using the internet.

WHAT'S FALSE: Donald Trump proposed a "shutdown" or "ban" of the internet at large.

WHAT'S Undetermined: Precisely what Trump believed Gates could do, or what specifically Trump believed such a restriction might entail
    http://www.snopes.com/trump-wants-shut-internet/

What were the odds...
    Last edited by Greyblades; 12-10-2015 at 18:20.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

In other words, it's not bunk and he represents everything that you supposedly deplore about British Internet regulation.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Member thankful for this post:

Husar 

Err, that's exactly what he said in the part I quoted, how does my quote being 100% correct make it "complete bunk"?

I may have jokingly insinuated......oh, I get it.....sorry for being German and not entirely serious.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Blog Entries

Ah, yeah, I mistook your article for one of the articles i read that "missed" the 'maybe in some areas' part of his declaration.

Sorry.

In other words, it's not bunk and he represents everything that you supposedly deplore about British Internet regulation.
    He represents the taxpayer's money wasted in impossible pursuits?
    Last edited by Greyblades; 12-10-2015 at 21:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    Ah, yeah, I mistook your article for one of the articles i read that "missed" the 'maybe in some areas' part of his declaration.
    You do know though, that what he said is pretty ludicrous even with that part included, right?

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Blog Entries

Ludicrous in that it is impossible, trump definitely doesnt understand new technology.

However if there was a way to cut off the internet from specific people i dare say even the most liberal of people would be willing to at least entertain the idea of cutting off access to ISIS members and supporters.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 12-11-2015 at 15:19.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like how he called Katie Hopkins a well respected columnist, she is a joke.

I wonder if fart jokes are going overdrive with it being xmas and when someone passes wind after the big dinner, "Did you just say you wanted to ban Muslims from America?", and if they are confused, you go "because you just Trump'd!"
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Blog Entries

That's not technically correct. Worse, it's not funny.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 12-11-2015 at 16:18.

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

Ludicrous in that it is impossible, trump definitely doesnt understand new technology.

However if there was a way to cut off the internet from specific people i dare say even the most liberal of people would be willing to at least entertain the idea of cutting off access to ISIS members and supporters.
    DoSing is the tried and tested way of bringing down central sites. I'd be surprised if channers haven't already entertained their use.

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Still convinced he is a Hillary plant.
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Blog Entries

A sign of a good joke is not that it is funny, it is that it is so terrible, it makes you laugh at how bad it is. Hence the much loved 'cracker jokes'.
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Blog Entries

...If you say so.

Member thankful for this post:

Beskar 

Many famous people said that Trump is friendly and enjoyable to be with. A lot of them changed their minds after Trump started to run for president. Trump reminds me of a guy I know. He is good at befriending others especially when he needs them. He is actually manipulative and gossips about other people. Knowing how to build good relationships is important in business, and Trump is good at that. When Trump no longer feels the need for a relationship, we see him throw the relationship out the window. He does this because he feels that he has enough supporters to vote him to president. He gains popularity by turning people against other people.
    Last edited by Shaka_Khan; 12-11-2015 at 20:56.
    Wooooo!!!

Trump is simply the first step in the re-branding of the GOP.
    If he should actually win the nomination, he will have exposed the vacuum that is GOP policy.
    In mobilizing all the outliers that Republicans like to court to one torch, he may have the fuel to burn down the house.
    It may actually result in a rebuilding, which is what the party needs.
    Ja-mata TosaInu

Blog Entries

I found one.

Blog Entries

Still not funny.

See when it comes to mockery based humor a joke only works when the listener dislikes the target. Additionally there is an inverse scale of cleverness and hate, the more the listener hates the target the less clever the joke needs to be to get a laugh.

As I dont really hate Trump your rather simple jokes just fall flat. Minus points for toilet humor.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 12-12-2015 at 00:17.

If you don't see the problems with Trump then you're being naive. Funny thing with Trump is that many people don't realize it until they become his bashing target. If he becomes president, his targets won't be limited to non-Anglo-Saxons and non-Scottish. I have foreseen it.
    Last edited by Shaka_Khan; 12-12-2015 at 05:47.
    Wooooo!!!

A skilled manipulator can have you bashing for him even while he has someone else bash you.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

Why worry about Trump. He is only spouting bunk to make Clinton more acceptable.

He has been a Clinton Crony for many years. He is just the designated loser.

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

Even if he is a crony, his success is contingent on how susceptible Republicans are to his message. If Trump wasn't around you would have Carson in the lead as he is just as insane. Is Carson the backup Clinton plant?

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    Even if he is a crony, his success is contingent on how susceptible Republicans are to his message. If Trump wasn't around you would have Carson in the lead as he is just as insane. Is Carson the backup Clinton plant?
    Dose it really matter who’s dupe a particular candidate is?

I think anyone supporting any candidate is pretty much a dupe to one extent or another.

You have an out of control government wielding unjust powers in support of Oligarchs who have noting in common with your interests and wonder only which poor choice does the least amount of damage, rather than bother fixing it.

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

I hope republicans understand that he is internationally seen as a walking stereotype.

Blog Entries
    Last edited by Greyblades; 12-12-2015 at 13:39.

Blog Entries

Admittedly, I feel Trump is more a symptom of Republican politics, not the cause. He is only saying what has been said for the last 16 years (I have followed, might be more). Whilst some try to paint him as a dupe or a fraud, was Sarah Palin one too? Was George Bush Jr? There must be some reason these top Republican figureheads have always been this way and it is because of a large segment of the population actually hold and support these views. The only issue with US elections is that there are only two parties, and it can only be resolved if they decided to split which will be very unlikely to ever happen.

It is like when people were trying to suggest Jeremy Corbyn was a Conservative plant in the UK. The thing is, he isn't, there is a serious and strong support for his type of politics.
    Last edited by Beskar; 12-12-2015 at 19:22.

Members thankful for this post (2):

Horse Archer Senior Member Sarmatian's Avatar

I wonder, is this how normal people felt in Germany in the 30's? Who cares, he's an idiot, it's just a momentary popularity, he's gonna lose support soon, he will be decisively defeated when the time comes...

Truth is, Trump may win, and in the best case, he's gonna be leashed and become a Reagan 2.0 or pursue his plans and create a lot of instability in the world.

Hillary is vulnerable. There are scandals, there are close ties with big businesses, her husband's infidelity, lack of genuine accomplishment... So far, she hasn't really been challenged.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatian View Post
    I wonder, is this how normal people felt in Germany in the 30's? Who cares, he's an idiot, it's just a momentary popularity, he's gonna lose support soon, he will be decisively defeated when the time comes...
    More like the news has demonised him so many times to such ridiculous extent over mild to benign statments and actions that people are starting to think that he is not as bad as the papers keep saying he is.

Also i have to congratulate you on that above average godwin; it's lot less obvious and blatant than the usual fare.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 12-12-2015 at 20:06.

Horse Archer Senior Member Sarmatian's Avatar

More like the news has demonised him so many times to such ridiculous extent over mild to benign statments and actions that people are starting to think that he is not as bad as the papers keep saying he is.
    Things are never as bad, as good or as interesting as the papers saying they are. Papers need to sell.

Godwin's not the point. The point is that the normal people don't think there's a chance he wins eventually.

Trump's not a nazi. He's not even a fascist. He lacks the conviction and principles. Rightwing populist demagogue, nothing more.

Blog Entries

He lacks the conviction and principles. Rightwing populist demagogue, nothing more.
    I havent seen any indication that Trump lacks conviction or principles, more that his principles and convictions are ones the left dislikes.

Ignoring that, that description applies to every other right wing politician going for the big chair. And every left wing politician. Save Bernie Sanders who traded a lack of principles for a lack of perspective.

America is screwed.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 12-12-2015 at 21:24.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast