Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 9/11

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

Default 9/11

Comments on this?
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

Default Re: 9/11

The dude who's uploaded the video has several other rather suspect videos on his channel.
    Furthermore the recently found audio tape collection has Bin Laden referring to the attacks indirectly.

It's only in one of the final recordings found in the collection that there is any allusion to 9/11, in a recording of the wedding of Osama Bin Laden's bodyguard, Umar, which was taped a few months before the attacks on New York City and Washington DC."There's a lot of mirth on the tape and then Bin Laden comes up, and it's no longer mirth. He talks about how celebration is important, but it mustn't overshadow more austere issues."
    Bin Laden then makes an ominous reference.
    "He talks explicitly about 'a plan' - he doesn't reveal details - and how we are 'about to hear news' and he asks God to 'grant our brothers success'," says Miller.
    "I understand that to signify the 9/11 attacks [because] he is talking specifically about the United States at that juncture."
    I don't know why people want to see conspiracy theories everywhere. I guess it makes it easier for them to hate the government and blame them for everything wrong that ever happens along with the stuff the governments are actually guilty of.

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

Darkside Medic Senior Member rory_20_uk's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Given how often companies and governments shred or loose important information / information they no longer need,what exactly is expected? There was a watercolour on the wall saying "I planned it all" and signed in his own blood?

An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rory_20_uk View Post
    Given how often companies and governments shred or loose important information / information they no longer need,what exactly is expected? There was a watercolour on the wall saying "I planned it all" and signed in his own blood?

No, with the blood of small puuppies and babies mixed with chemical weapons from Iraq of coruse.
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Conspiracy theories are always fun. The only question I have is building number 7, that looked like controlled demolition.

I don't know, I think Building 4 is the likelier candidate.

That was just fishy.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Member thankful for this post:

Husar 

I don't think it fishy, I think they were allready expecting it and took measures. Inside-job believers are very high on my total-idiot list.

Edit, you can't do this without anyone knowing about it. Leads to conspracie-theories but it can all be explained, no way the US didn'f know that it was a target, no way the Mossad didn't know as well, and warned Israeli's who work there. Conspiracies are fundamentilay impossible if too many people are in it.
    Last edited by Fragony; 09-27-2015 at 08:33.

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

The US government can barley manage a functioning postal service. I doubt they planned 9/11. Not to mention, even if you did mange to pull it off, there are too many variables after the fact. It's not like installing an autocrat in Chile or Iran, you can't be certain all the moving parts are going to move the way you want them.
    Last edited by Strike For The South; 09-27-2015 at 16:41.
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Members thankful for this post (3):

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

Have not watched the video yet. I will get to it as time allows.

All I will say is that it is the first time in history that a modern hi rise building has been brought down by fire and it, supposedly, happened several times on that one day. Oh, and jet fuel does not burn hot enough to melt steel.

What ever happened that day, the official explanation is not what happened. It is just what people would accept without too much explanation.

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

Myth 

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    The US government can barley manage a functioning postal service.
    That's a funny argument given the NSA revelations. Maybe the postal service just isn't as high a priority.
    That still doesn't mean that 9/11 was an inside job but to claim incompetence based on a single service when other services are incredibly competent is a bit much.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

That still doesn't mean that 9/11 was an inside job but to claim incompetence based on a single service when other services are incredibly competent is a bit much.
    Well, it depends on what aspects of their performance that your talking about. The NSA isn't much different to the postal service, when comparing the scope of their activities and their budgets.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The thing about the NSA is that they were doing what everyone suspected they were doing anyway, it was just that they appeared shocked that they actually did do it in front of the Media so they didn't let on they actually knew all along. It is a theme also present in a lot of Hollywood movies, even a Will Smith movie, Enemy of the State pretty much came out saying it was like that.

Anyone who was genuinely surprised and completely unaware was living under a rock.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Also keep in mind that the NSA thing got leaked. If 9/11 was an inside job, they had many more years to do so and it was presumably a far larger operation. No leaks.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherking View Post

All I will say is that it is the first time in history that a modern hi rise building has been brought down by fire and it, supposedly, happened several times on that one day. Oh, and jet fuel does not burn hot enough to melt steel.

What ever happened that day, the official explanation is not what happened. It is just what people would accept without too much explanation.
    There has been some research on that, if it gets into the shafts it will absolutily cause the damage that makes a collapse possible. I think people should get over it, no matter how horrible it was. That is a really horrible thing to say and I am perfectly aware of that

Blog Entries

Obligatory;
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

Members thankful for this post (6):

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Actual, legitimate, peer-reviewed evidence says otherwise.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Jet fuel burns at a minimum of 800 Celsius. Anyone who studies materials science will tell you that that steel was fucked. The yield strength of the steel beams was probably cut in half, which meant it was only a matter of time. Is this not common knowledge?

Members thankful for this post (2):

The lowest melting point of any steel is 1370° C. A high yield alloy would have a higher melting point. The fire was not hot enough nor was it long enough to generate a catastrophic failure like that seen that day.

As for peer reviewed papers you can always find people who will go along with most hypothesis. Like Clark said, for every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.

There are more than 2,000 engineers and architects who are members of Engineers & Architects for 911 Truth. Something that would spoil their careers. Before deciding what you believe it is best to examine both sides of the story with an open mind.

Mark Twain

Myth 

Twin towers where really high, so really heavy. Melting temperature of steel sounds kinda loose to me, bending should do it, temperature for that is much lower, the fire reached the elevator shaft, nothing odd going on
    Last edited by Fragony; 09-28-2015 at 07:37.

Blog Entries

Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth is an organization with questionable credibility at best.

The lowest melting point of any steel is 1370° C. A high yield alloy would have a higher melting point. The fire was not hot enough nor was it long enough to generate a catastrophic failure like that seen that day.

As for peer reviewed papers you can always find people who will go along with most hypothesis. Like Clark said, for every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.

There are more than 2,000 engineers and architects who are members of Engineers & Architects for 911 Truth. Something that would spoil their careers. Before deciding what you believe it is best to examine both sides of the story with an open mind.
    You have no idea what you are talking about. You do not need to melt steel in order to have 80,000 tons of pressure come crashing down. By heating high strength steel even to 800 degrees Celsius the strength of the steel is reduced by a factor of two or more. This is not a government conspiracy, it is basic materials science. Do you even know that when making steel, the iron undergoes several internal structural phase transformations which allows the carbon atoms to penetrate the iron lattice, at which point quenching returns the iron lattice back to a tighter lattice which traps the carbon in interstitial gaps? Why are you trying to argue that steel needs to be heated to 1300+ degrees before failure, as if steel is homogenous and stable all the way up until its melting point? Please stop.

Members thankful for this post (7):

+ Show/Hide List

Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    You have no idea what you are talking about. You do not need to melt steel in order to have 80,000 tons of pressure come crashing down. By heating high strength steel even to 800 degrees Celsius the strength of the steel is reduced by a factor of two or more. This is not a government conspiracy, it is basic materials science. Do you even know that when making steel, the iron undergoes several internal structural phase transformations which allows the carbon atoms to penetrate the iron lattice, at which point quenching returns the iron lattice back to a tighter lattice which traps the carbon in interstitial gaps? Why are you trying to argue that steel needs to be heated to 1300+ degrees before failure, as if steel is homogenous and stable all the way up until its melting point? Please stop.
    ^ what he says. Bending is enough it doesn't have to melt, melting temperature is irrelevant. It bends, the weight does the rest.
    Last edited by Fragony; 09-28-2015 at 09:11.

The trouble is that the steel was melted. The buildings pulverised themselves in mid air and came down at free fall speeds in their own footprint. Further, the heating and bending would have to have been uniform throughout the building for all that to occur. There are a great deal of things about the collapse that are highly questionable. Some even defy physics.

I don’t know how they were brought down or who was behind it but the government explanation is insufficient.

Mark Twain

I know nothing about civil-engineering and, to be sincere, I doubt that the destruction of two sky-scrapers would be needed for a sufficient provocation. It looks like an overkill, doesn't it?
    That being said, the official War on Terror narrative is definitely fragile and we are presented with a distorted image.

Firstly, I think that the reason behind it are geo-politic interests, like the Iraqi oil being sold and exploited by American companies and not the Iraqi state, not a crusage againt violence and bigotry, and secondly, movies have led us to view wars as a simplified stugggle between us and them.

Well, it usually is more complicated, with temporary alliances, cynical deals under the table, doube agents and conflicting interests.

The trouble is that the steel was melted. The buildings pulverised themselves in mid air and came down at free fall speeds in their own footprint. Further, the heating and bending would have to have been uniform throughout the building for all that to occur. There are a great deal of things about the collapse that are highly questionable. Some even defy physics.

I don’t know how they were brought down or who was behind it but the government explanation is insufficient.
    Demolitian experts here completily ruled out controlled demolition on the Twins, number 4 and 7 are a different story, but wouldn't it be most likely that they already knew this was planned, but were caught by surprise

No, the steel did not melt. The molten metal which was found was a slag composed of debris from the tower and aluminum alloy from the plane itself, which does melt at temps far below 800 degrees celcius. What is suspicious about the midsection collapsing under the weight of the top after extensive damage? The bending does not have to be uniform, if a beam or beams broke such that the remaining load exceeded the designed load for the rest, the failure would be cascading and quick. I can run a program to display the first 100,000 prime numbers and MATLAB will show it 'instantly'. But in reality it was generated in a sequence, one at a time.

9/11 truthers are people who are so scared about chaos that they believe all actions must have been directed by some conspiracy in charge of events. The idea that 9/11 was an inside job is more comforting than confronting the idea that death can come at any time for no reason by actors with no interest towards those they effect.

Members thankful for this post (2):

BrenusIce 

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    The thing about the NSA is that they were doing what everyone suspected they were doing anyway, it was just that they appeared shocked that they actually did do it in front of the Media so they didn't let on they actually knew all along. It is a theme also present in a lot of Hollywood movies, even a Will Smith movie, Enemy of the State pretty much came out saying it was like that.

Anyone who was genuinely surprised and completely unaware was living under a rock.
    You just had to reference that particular movie. Gene Hackman's character in that movie was born on Sept. 11th.

"when buildings start blowing up, people's priorities tend to change"
    There are other movies where people claim to have found patterns referencing the various combinations of 9 and 11. Life imitating art, imitating life. One can spend many hours falling down those rabbit holes.

As to the topic. I'm not convinced it was an "inside job" so much as "they" had foreknowledge of the plan and just allowed it to happen, only to take advantage of the situation. Much like Pearl Harbor, or the sinking of the Lusitania for example. Never let a good crisis go to waste.

I'm convinced most of the "news" now is just lies. Maybe 90%. Just remember, a good lie is mostly truth. It's probably been that way for a long time. I believe the only thing which has changed is that in the past TPTB used to try and suppress the truth from getting out. Along came other means of communication they couldn't as easily control (printing press, radio waves, internet). Now they obfuscate and deluge people with so much (dis)information anyone who really tries to unravel it end up chasing their own tail or going insane.

I do hope you fellows continue to discuss though. It's quite entertaining...and I'm here to be entertained.

Quote Originally Posted by Risasi View Post
    Just remember, a good lie is mostly truth.
    This is asinine. A good lie is one that comes from a place of repetition and/or authority. People who are convinced the news is lying to them are just too dumb to understand that news has always been filtered through the perspective of those that present it. Today's media has an openness never seen before since sources are more open about their biases. Smarten up and realize that Murrow is not going to be holding your hand anymore. You are your own judge for interpreting the world, read both sides and let the adversarial process uncover the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    This is asinine. A good lie is one that comes from a place of repetition and/or authority. People who are convinced the news is lying to them are just too dumb to understand that news has always been filtered through the perspective of those that present it. Today's media has an openness never seen before since sources are more open about their biases. Smarten up and realize that Murrow is not going to be holding your hand anymore. You are your own judge for interpreting the world, read both sides and let the adversarial process uncover the truth.
    Hmm, interesting. So in other words you are calling me stupid? Why the vitriol? Just because I don't any accept any official story about the 9/11 incident? Whether it's a 9/11 "truther" or the mainstream news media? If I'm supposed to accept the mainstream media which one? The US? France? Al Jazeera? Pravda? BBC?

Since you mention Murrow I'll assume for now you're American? So Brian Williams was unbiased? Yeah, he never lied. And Fox News is fair and balanced too...

I think you miss my point. You say read both sides and then let adversarial process uncover the truth. Who has time to do that? There are only 24 hours in the day.
    I'm saying there are no "both sides". It's all ice cream, you just pick your flavor. And every one of them tastes good, makes you feel good for awhile, but eventually you're going to regret eating it.
    Every source is tainted to one degree or another. And the only real agenda you can follow is money, or power...or sex. They are interwoven and you can trade one for another.

As to my "a good lie" comment, that is self evident. If you can't see that I don't know how to help you. Perhaps you could explain why Snopes is rife with so many articles marked as status: "mixed" or "multiple"? Many people have fallen for those silly little chain emails. Just imagine how elaborate the lie if you have a media publisher in your pocket.

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

ACIN is basically correct - it the steel was heated it would buckle, it does not need to melt and the fact that we have TWO forum mods claiming it does or did is something I find disturbing.

Here's a quick vid of the collapse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft2uIYucsXo

See all the smoke? The towers were on fire for ages, what happened was the fire spread and as a certain point enough of the steel core of the building was hot enough that there was a cascade failure, then because the outside of the building is fairly rigid it appears to telescope into itself - you can actually see that's not exactly what happened, and n fac the Second tower is coming apart as it collapses.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast