Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New HS

Default Re: New HS

Got it up and running. Just had to reinstall the 3.2 patch.
    Attached Files Attached Files

@Myth

You're up.
    @Nightbringer and Myth

I've left my faction unpassworded in case there are battles that need to be fought - I can just upload my turn/save and you guys should be able to fight them.

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

does that actually work?
    Its been a while since I've done this. If it come up, I'm happy to pass out my password.
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

It should IIRC. Been a long time since I modded/played hotseats though.

You guys don't need to pass out your password - because all the evil factions have their turn after me and before your next one, so I'll get the screen.

I'll just upload it when it happens.

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Ah yes, it's all coming back now.
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

Erm guys there seems to be a difference in the game versions. It says the save is 1.52 and my game is 1.05 o.O
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

That's strange. You installed 3.0 Parts 1 and 2, then 3.1 then 3.2?

Nightbringer what version is yours?

Yeah, I've had 3.2 since it came out.

I'll see if I can load your original save.

@Myth

can you still run the game?

The difference in version is because I am now using a steam version I think. I used to run the disc version but my cd drive broke so now I run the steam version.

I can load the Rohan save - can you still play the save?

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    Erm guys there seems to be a difference in the game versions. It says the save is 1.52 and my game is 1.05 o.O
    I see the same thing when I try loading the game. I think it must be something to do with the steam version.

The issue is probably embedded in the exe, but I'm sure we managed to get around this issue in the past somehow. Might be worth peering around some other threads/forums to find someone talking about it.
    Last edited by Nightbringer; 10-09-2015 at 11:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbringer View Post
    I see the same thing when I try loading the game. I think it must be something to do with the steam version.

The issue is probably embedded in the exe, but I'm sure we managed to get around this issue in the past somehow. Might be worth peering around some other threads/forums to find someone talking about it.
    Yeah I've been taking a look. I posted a thread on TWC, hope I get an answer soon.

I was able to run the game, so I think i'll just risk it and upload the save tonight.

Apparently it shouldn't matter.

@Myth ?

@Nightbringer up

Sorry, had traveling again this weekend and no time last night.

Eeast Osgiliath falls,the filthy orc and goblin wretches who had taken it were butchered without mercy. Steward Denethor and his son and trusted men are preparing further expansions into the east and far west, and a diplomat rides even now to Rohan to sign formal relations between our people.

Fangorn forest has been reclaimed by the Rohirrim

Elves up @Visorslash

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...d=279&id=10699

The Elves begin their march south to reclaim lost lands.

@Myth Gondor up.TA-3-Gondor.rar

Rohan up @Nightbringer

Steward Denethor has been forced to personally dispatch a band of fifteen score rangers of Ithilien who had turned to banditry and were no more than lowly highwaymen. It is a shame that such excellent and skilled troops had to be butchered by fellow men, instead of putting their service against the hordes of Sauron.

Our rider has reached Erebor and has provided our most recent maps to King Théoden. Two armies have set sail, one for Haard's coastal settlements and one for an island outpost to our south. A siege has begun in the far west, of a hamlet occupied by brigands. Cair Andros is steward Denethor's next mark.

So far, no notable armies have been seen stemming from Mordor or Haard. Agents will be sent on missions of espionage and quiet removal.

Our Riders muster near the foul fortress of Isengard, but no other news.
    Elves up @Visorslash
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...d=279&id=10701

TA-4-Gondor.rar

The Elves march on Eregion and Athilin (?).

@Myth

your turn is up.

man thought that was all dead already
    Most Dope Fresh Artist Out There

DraMatiQue

www.datpiff.com/DraMatiQue-Kill-The-Game-Mixtape.429536.html

Free Mixtape Download

Hey silver!

Good to see you around again, how are things?

im feeling good. feeling big today really. aussis v scots. hah that s really been nice. these dudes. wild. great people, great all. that thing really got to me. still kinda glowing in mind. other than that yea im pretty much okay. in most ways things been good in others they didnt come along well. but yea that s life aint it. either way it s nice u guys are doing okay, going strong ur ways . thats great. also nice to kinda still have the throne room vibing gently. it s sorta like this special someone that even after a few months off u in some way continue to keep in touch with in ur heart

DraMatiQue

Free Mixtape Download

That's a good way of putting it. Sort of a reassuring presence

Hey Silver, long time no see!
    @Nightbringer Rohan up

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbringer View Post
    That's a good way of putting it. Sort of a reassuring presence
    yea human their ways of connecting past with present are somehow a thing on itself

also, im not really sure whether what u went through Myth was acutally good or bad but either way, apparently u ve made it

dat crazy thing life huh

DraMatiQue

Free Mixtape Download

A small village has been liberated, and the Orcs of the Misty Mountain have lost a few scouts, and a prized general.

TA-5-Gondor.rar

@Myth Gondor up!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast