Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Attila - pulled the trigger at 50% and I'm glad I did...

Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

Default Re: Attila - pulled the trigger at 50% and I'm glad I did...

Btw, just completed my first campaign, well at least partially any way, minor victory as Sassanids, enjoyed it a lot. Strangely there's no victory video, do I have to continue and secure a cultural victory by building some idiotically arbitrary buildings or push on for another 25 years to secure a military victory in order to earn my well deserved video?

Please don't tell me this is yet another thing CA cut out of their games is it?

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

There should be some sort victory video, Ive seen them on youtube. Maybe they just dont trigger for minor victories? They arent really worth it though, they are very cookie-cutter and rather bland.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Member thankful for this post:

Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

Oh well, I might continue to see if military or cultural does the trick. Then again I may just fire up a new campaign as someone else in light of your saying CA did a weak job on it anyway. Shame really, I sometimes get the impression the current team at CA miss some of the minor design details that help make their games entertaining, I just spent 35 hours playing a campaign where the only thing I got to show for it was an achievement popping up.

If we handed a TV series or work of literature to the CA team to complete with an ending it would be comical to watch how badly they'd handle it. So often they give every impression of failing to grasp what it is they do for living, namely make works of entertainment, and one of the obvious things you do in any work of entertainment is conclude it, that should be so obvious that it wouldn't even require it being listed in the design document.

I still think this was a pretty good effort by them, much better than Rome 2.

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Politics and sanitation are two of the details that add considerable depth to the campaign. It takes a while until you figure out everything, which was quite fun to discover.

All in all, Attila is a very good game.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

I don't know... for some reason I still like Rome 2 better than Attila. Ive beaten a Sassanid campaign but I hate the infantry/cavalry mechanics. Doesn't matter if youre braced or not your infantry gets owned in a charge. Taking out individual flags ruined it a bit for me as well I don't like the little bubble things..... Its an ok game but until I get some flags and they rework cav charges I'm pretty much done with it I think
    If living is nothing dieing is nothing then nothing is everything and everything is nothing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12