Page 4 of 75 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Pirate Ship Mafia III [Concluded]

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Default Re: Pirate Ship Mafia III

Quote Originally Posted by Kagemusha View Post
    Autolycus old chum. You just made some new friends, denying 11 fellows of their gold. What a charitable spirit you must be. ;)
    Well, he be a pirate after all. Nae charity work in these here seas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ituralde View Post
    It's a tie at twelve ye landlubbers! What happens if there be a tie? No gold and no promises?
    Someone might be holdin' the balance. How do we ken that everyone votes wi' one hand only?
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ituralde View Post
    It's a tie at twelve ye landlubbers! What happens if there be a tie? No gold and no promises?
    12-11, actually. I accidentally put NotJim at 9 instead of 8 in the above tally. Correcting now.

If there's a tie, I'm going to extend voting for a certain period of time (in other words, not a revote). I anticipate the bribes to fly fast and furiously if this comes to pass.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Promised bribes, ye landlubber. I ain't seen any gold from either party yet.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.

I just got a mighty fine offer, so unelect; elect:kagemusha
    My game on Civfanatics could use a few more!: MNOTW XVII: The Cursed Blade!

Well, I ain't gotten nae even promises from tha' side as of yet bu' one from tha other, so unelect, elect: NotJimRV.

Kage: 12 (double a, andres, kage, bsmith, spaceman, csargo, , khaan, ituralde, choxorn, ironside, flax, autolycus)
    NotJimRV: 11 (notjim, ishmael, visor, monty, lissa, jht, golden1knight, curio, zack, landlubber,el barto)
    khaan: 1 (sprig)
    Xiahou: 1 (atpg
    Andres: 1 (xiahou)

Anyone not voting NJ thats around - PM me, and I;ll make you an offer.

That tally be mighty fine, Mr. Visorrrrslash.

Noo, Sprigg, pizzaman, xiahou, what be ye wantin' fer yet vote ta change?

I promise not bribes, but a fair and even judgement as to whether ye be Frenchmen or not.

If anyone is looking for a group we have some free spots

PM me

good job spending all your gold kage, i didn't spend a dime

And if you scurvy curs be thinking about touching my stash I'll keelhaul you until you beg for mercy!

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NotJimRV View Post
    I promise not bribes, but a fair and even judgement as to whether ye be Frenchmen or not.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6ZGNIlG.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	16551
    Last edited by Double A; 09-26-2015 at 02:50.

I'll bribe you in public AA, 10 gold to crush Kages spirit.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Voting closed.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

vote: GH

Blog Entries

Day 1

Unlike the previous two occasions where the
    Presence had elected a new Captain immediately after scoring a big haul, there were no real, true speeches promising lots of gold for everyone and a safe voyage home by prospective candidates for the captaincy. Perhaps it was that, after all these years, the crew had become jaded to that sort of high-minded rhetoric. Perhaps they all knew the stakes and thus no speeches were needed. Or perhaps - and possibly the most likely explanation - they had simply shifted their priorities, and now valued gold above all else.

As the day went on, voting coalesced around three candidates, and then eventually two: NotJimRV and Kagemusha. Kagemusha, perhaps attempting to tap into what he believed to be the prevailing motivator among the rest of the crew, promised riches and booty aplenty to those who voted for him, including shares out of his own stash simply for ensuring his election that day.

"How much be ye willing to part with?" asked one sailor, eager for specifics.

"One piece of treasure for each person who votes for me," Kage replied. "All for nothing except writin' down me name on that piece of parchment. Easiest money you'll ever make, mateys!"

"One piece of treasure?" There was general grumbling about this. "Why, that be the worst 'bribe' I've ever seen! Those miserly, stick-up-the-rear Brits are more generous when returning favors than that!"

They now turned to the other potential candidate, NotJimRV. "Kage be offering a measly one piece of treasure for each of us that vote him. Can ye match or top that?" NotJim immediately took the occasion to launch into a long and impassioned speech about how there would be no bribery aboard *his* ship and that he would do things right and honorable and focus on eliminating any and all threats aboard and that this was clearly the sensible path to take because there was certainly no point in acquiring all this treasure if you weren't around to spend it and his first priority would be getting everyone home safe.

Naturally, all of the eager crewmen groaned. Kage's one-gold bribe aside, it looks like they were going to have to earn their money the hard way.

At the end of the day, Kagemusha won the closely-contested race by a mere one vote. Briefly acknowledging NotJim in the spirit of competition, he took to address the rest of the crew. "Right then laddies, I think ye for yer faith and trust in my abilities. Under my captaincy I pledge to work me hardest to ensure that the gold continues to flow fast and free towards all of us!" General cheering at this last remark. There was a pause. "Oh, and obviously, uh, hunt down and kill any who would seek to do us harm from within too." Somewhat muted cheering at this one. Obviously the crew had their own priorities.

"Who be assisting ye in this endeavor?" somebody called out.

"Right!" Kage said. "Henceforth, to aid me in my efforts of... fair... distribution, I hereby appoint Andres as me First Mate and Double A as the Quartermaster." Both men walked up alongside Kage, looking pretty pleased with themselves that they were able to get in on the Kage-for-Captain bandwagon early. "Now then, final orders of business. If ye have night duties, see they're performed as usual! Otherwise, below decks with ye. We all have work to do tomorrow!"

And so the men of the
    Presence retired for the night, at least temporarily. They would shortly find out exactly who was threatening the ship this time around.

Day 1 tally:

Kagemusha: 12 (Double A, Andres, Kagemusha, BSmith, spaceman98, Csargo, seireikhaan, Ituralde, Choxorn, Ironside, Flax, autolycus)
    NotJimRV: 11 (NotJimRV, Ishmael, Visorslash, Montmorency, Lissa, johnhughthom, Golden1Knight, Gaius Scribonius Curio, Zack, landlubber, El Barto)
    Andres: 1 (Xiahou)
    seireikhaan: 1 (Sprig)
    Xiahou: 1 (Askthepizzaguy)

Didn't vote: 2 (Ice, TFT)

It is now Night 1. Please send in your orders. Night 1 will conclude on Sunday, September 27th, at 20:00 US Eastern Time. Note: Not all night phases will be this long! In the future it would be wise to have all night activities planned out and organized ahead of time to ensure successful execution of orders.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Souls aboard: (28)
    Andres
    Askthepizzaguy
    autolycus
    BSmith
    Choxorn
    Csargo
    Double A
    El Barto
    Gaius Scribonius Curio
    Golden1Knight
    Ice
    Ironside
    Ishmael
    Ituralde
    johnhughthom
    Kagemusha
    landlubber
    Lissa
    Montmorency
    NotJimRV
    seireikhaan
    spaceman98
    Sprig
    TFT
    TheFlax
    Visorslash
    Xiahou
    Zack
    Last edited by GeneralHankerchief; 09-26-2015 at 03:36.

Blog Entries

Errata: For those coming from other forums, talking at night in the public thread (as well as privately, obviously) is allowed.

Furthermore, wills matter! Don't forget to send them to me by PM if you want some of your gold to be passed on to other sailors in the event of your death.

Arrr! Be carousin' allowed?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    Arrr! Be carousin' allowed?
    I'll treat it as "sleep" in terms of a night action (you get the 2 gold for submitting an order but nothing else), but I'll make sure the feedback PM indicates the distinction.

To people trying to contact me: I've been without internet access for the later half of D1. I am now back in more civilized territory, and have internet access again. I will now respond

To all crew members. If you are planning to form night action groups, please contact me, so we can coordinate all efforts. Name your group members and your preference for what you would like to do the coming night. Please do so during the next 16 hours starting from now. Those who have not contacted me after that. I will assign you to an group.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Blog Entries

A request: I like knowing things. If you've got a Quicktopic or something similar, kindly send me the link to it so I can stay in the loop for my own game.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

To all crew members. If you are planning to form night action groups, please contact me, so we can coordinate all efforts. Name your group members and your preference for what you would like to do the coming night. Please do so during the next 16 hours starting from now. Those who have not contacted me after that. I will assign you to an group.
    My god, I've become twins at the age of 32!!!

WHAT IN THE HECK IS GOING ON HERE

PS The original was better than the sequel. ;)
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Member thankful for this post:

So we be under the command of the Golden Hands from this day on?
    As long as there be some gold coming my way I am all for it!
    The lions sing and the hills take flight.
    The moon by day, and the sun by night.
    Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
    Let the Lord of Chaos rule.

—chant from a children's game heard in Great Aravalon, the Fourth Age

What if we're making a group to steal all of your gold?

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    What if we're making a group to steal all of your gold?
    Then he be knowin' wham ta send his men ta steal some gold from.

I should mention that I think having Kagemusha coordinate everything is a bad idea. There's nothing clearing him. No reason to believe he's town. I especially don't like the "I'll assign you to a group" part. Putting all eggs in one unconfirmed basket is asking for trouble.

I recommend the first mate investigate Kage and the quartermaster asap. Verify that the Captain and his buddies are trustworthy if they want to run the show.

An' o' course, if'n when it be discovered that Doble A be nae trustworthy, then we replaces him with someone with more nautical experience. Arr!

<Insert Joke Here> Member Choxorn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    I should mention that I think having Kagemusha coordinate everything is a bad idea. There's nothing clearing him. No reason to believe he's town. I especially don't like the "I'll assign you to a group" part. Putting all eggs in one unconfirmed basket is asking for trouble.

I recommend the first mate investigate Kage and the quartermaster asap. Verify that the Captain and his buddies are trustworthy if they want to run the show.
    You're assuming that the first mate is trustworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Choxorn View Post
    You're assuming that the first mate is trustworthy.
    If he's mafia, I'd rather he investigate than kill anyways.

Page 4 of 75 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast