Thread: 45 seconds between two pm's

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Default 45 seconds between two pm's

Hello allmighty powers that be.

I just noticed that you have to wait 45 seconds between sending of pm's.

Is there a possibility to get rid of that waiting time?

I'm guessing it's some sort of anti-spam measure, but it's a bit annoying when you need to send a lot of pm's.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 45 seconds between two pm's

I wasn't aware this even happened. You must be a quick typer to notice it!

If you are sending identical content, you can use the CC and BCC functions for it to go to multiple people, so no need to click one name, copy and paste, then new name.

Though the great one from therother side is not accepting summonings at the moment, but could delve into these intricates later.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't think mods have PM flood control, I didn't run into the issue a few days ago when I was sending them rapid-fire. Probably there to help prevent PM spambots.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Research Fiend Technical Administrator Tetris Champion, Summer Games Champion, Snakeman Champion, Ms Pacman Champion therother's Avatar

Reduced it to 30 seconds. I'm keen to keep the flood control itself, especially as we are under a renewed spam assault at the moment: we are blocking thousands of spammers every day but one or two are slipping through. And those spammers are sending out PMs to members...
    Nullius addictus iurare in uerba magistri -- Quintus Horatius Flaccus

History is a pack of lies about events that never happened told by people who weren't there -- George Santayana