Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Charlemagne DLC

Default Re: New DLC leaked.

Quote Originally Posted by Sp4 View Post
    How do you deal with the corruption penalty?

I recently went to fight a war against number 1 on the strength ranking (I was number 2) and took over a bunch of their regions and hoooooleee shit, I had to literally stop all of my armies and disband half of them and use the rest as garrison forces to stop myself from going bankrupt from corruption. This happened in the space of 8 turns from a situation where I was getting 5k/turn on very low tax setting.

Now I am at -2k on very high taxes =x
    If only there was an entire building line who's sole purpose is to reduce corruption.
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

A Livonian Rebel Member Slaists's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lars573 View Post
    If only there was an entire building line who's sole purpose is to reduce corruption.
    Yeah, unless he's playing as Danes.

Otherwise, with that building chain Lars mentions, it is possible to have low teens corruption in most interior provinces of large empires (around 100 regions in my case).

You just stack them? I was trying to put hospital, palace, trade city trios in such a way that everyone was getting all the benefits but I was still getting -88% through corruption in some provices, that was before any governours. I guess without the palaces, those cities would be at 100%, maybe even 110% =P Maybe they would have started costing me money...

A region that goes from making 6000 per turn went to making less than 500 over the course of 8 turns, without any change to the buildings in it or the surrounding provinces whatsoever.

I suspect your governor(s) was getting some bad results on bad trait checks. That plus an event that hampers income/food production could easily explain your problems.

And you can't stack buildings in one city. But most of them affect surrounding provinces too.
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

A Livonian Rebel Member Slaists's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sp4 View Post
    You just stack them? I was trying to put hospital, palace, trade city trios in such a way that everyone was getting all the benefits but I was still getting -88% through corruption in some provices, that was before any governours. I guess without the palaces, those cities would be at 100%, maybe even 110% =P Maybe they would have started costing me money...

A region that goes from making 6000 per turn went to making less than 500 over the course of 8 turns, without any change to the buildings in it or the surrounding provinces whatsoever.
    I build the level 3 anti-corruption buildings and mints in every province I have. The thing is, I do not leave city centers as royal palaces (or whatever the equivalent for the faction you're playing with) after I have upgraded corruption buildings and mints to level 3. I transform city centers into trade cities or religious centers depending on the province makeup (resources, fertility, etc.).

So, in the middle of my empire, provinces get corruption in teens/twenties even when I have a considerable empire size. Some of the middle provinces are bordered by 4-5 other provinces so you get 6 [adding the home province's anti-corruption building] x -15% = -90% corruption in those best locales.

The edges of the empire and coastal provinces with few neighbors are the worst since they get the benefit of only a couple/sometimes 1 neighbor's anti-corruption building. And example of a 1-neighbor province is the host province of Brittany: a perfect place for a military province since once you grow, you won't be able to reduce corruption significantly there.

This means though, that if you want to avoid corruption, you cannot expand very fast. You need high level civic tech for level 3 courts and mints.
    Last edited by Slaists; 01-04-2016 at 18:09.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123