Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: All your livers belong to us!

Blog Entries

Default Re: All your livers belong to us!

Quote Originally Posted by Papewaio View Post
    Those who are most vulnerable should be the best protected. Otherwise it is very easy for less then scrupulous people to legitimately harvest organs of the weakest members of our community.

Don't rely on people's morals where a law should be. Look up about organ harvesting in India and China before you think that rich won't take advantage of the weak.
    No I rely on how unnecessary it is, you cant make money off the new laws, the donor list makes obtaining specific organs essentially impossible and the new influx will provide enough organs to make waiting a viable and much easier option. There's no real point in killing the vulnerable and I do have faith that people wont do evil crap without incentive.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 10-12-2015 at 11:25.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My step-brother is terminal because of lack of kidneys on the transplant market. He experienced chronic kidney failure at 14, and he waited over 20 years to the point his body is scarred from the repeated operations and prolonged trauma of going through artificial means which makes him unsuitable for further transplants, and has been on 'deaths door', for 5 years now, luckily still alive, due to wanting to force every once of life from his body continuing with painful measures.

I guess some people think organs magically appear out of no where like they do in Casualty.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

For a person of sound mind organ donor should be automatic unless one objects to it. Then if they object they should be last on the list for receiving an organ transplant.

For a person who isn't of sound mind/child then it should be not allowed unless consent is given by their guardians.
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Members thankful for this post (2):

For a person of sound mind organ donor should be automatic unless one objects to it. Then if they object they should be last on the list for receiving an organ transplant.

For a person who isn't of sound mind/child then it should be not allowed unless consent is given by their guardians.
    For a person of sound mind gay marriages make no sense.

Just an example to show that when one's values get muddily entwined with one's views on how the world works he starts calling everyone who doesn't agree with him an insane idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
    The article exists for a reason yes, I did not write it...

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrandir View Post
    Nope, it makes perfect sense.

Two consensual adults love each other. They want to have a partnership and live together.

If you go "But they don't have to marry" try to remember why you married your wife. Clearly you didn't need to marry her either, but you did and wanted to very much.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Just an example to show that when one's values get muddily entwined with one's views on how the world works he starts calling everyone who doesn't agree with him an insane idiot.
    That statement makes no sense.

Marriage hasn't always been heterosexual until Christianity stomped it out of regions it took over.
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Nope, it makes perfect sense.

Two consensual adults love each other. They want to have a partnership and live together.

If you go "But they don't have to marry" try to remember why you married your wife. Clearly you didn't need to marry her either, but you did and wanted to very much.
    One of the reasons was having (our own) children. This one is never an issue with gay couples.

That statement makes no sense.

Marriage hasn't always been heterosexual until Christianity stomped it out of regions it took over.
    Like I warned, my statement was meant to show that labeling people "insane" for having a different point of view makes no sense either.

I warned, my statement was meant to show that labeling people "insane" for having a different point of view makes no sense either.
    Show in my quote that I was labeling someone insane?;

"For a person who isn't of sound mind/child then it should be not allowed unless consent is given by their guardians."

Someone who is a child has a guardian (normally parents).

Having a sound mind is a legal/medical term. For instance someone who does not have the mental capacity to look after themselves any longer such as full blown dementia patients. It is not a term used lightly and not one I decide based on my non professional opinion nor on the lifestyle or opinions of the person. It is a threshold in which society has decided an adult needs another adult to act as a sort of guardian i.e. Power of attorney if you are incapacitated.

Show in my quote that I was labeling someone insane?;

"For a person who isn't of sound mind/child then it should be not allowed unless consent is given by their guardians."

Someone who is a child has a guardian (normally parents).

Having a sound mind is a legal/medical term. For instance someone who does not have the mental capacity to look after themselves any longer such as full blown dementia patients. It is not a term used lightly and not one I decide based on my non professional opinion nor on the lifestyle or opinions of the person. It is a threshold in which society has decided an adult needs another adult to act as a sort of guardian i.e. Power of attorney if you are incapacitated.
    It doesn't make what you said any better. Taking from anyone anything without asking his consent and presuming he has given it by default is.... theft.

It doesn't make what you said any better. Taking from anyone anything without asking his consent and presuming he has given it by default is.... theft.
    So if you ate a banana and your housemaid came and took away the banana peel to compost it and grow plants in her garden, would you fire her for theft?

The banana peel usually becomes useless to you once you have eaten the banana, similarly your organs become useless to you once your have lived your life. In both cases they can however be used to support other life, so where exactly is the moral outrage when someone actually does that? Should we also ban recycling in general? Is it morally wrong or theft if someone picks up your used beer bottles, melts them and makes new bottles out of them? Is it wrong to reuse rare earths and copper from old electronics because the property you threw into the trash is still your property? When your soul dumps your body on this mortal coil and flies away to greener pastures on a farm upstate, can it still claim the body as its property? And how would your soul challenge this in a court? Through a medium? DO YOU SEE THE SLIPPERY SLOPE IN YOUR ARGUMENT???????ßßßßß

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Member thankful for this post:

Beskar 

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123