Thread: Need help translating the adviser quotes!

Default Need help translating the adviser quotes!

Hello Guys!

I want to translate some quotes of STW, because I am a big big fan of them, since it's speeches are the most carefully designed ones in all Total War games. The sound artists really put their souls in these speeches, and the scripts are magnificent as well.

Do you know that the sound artist of our adviser in STW is Togo Igawa, a well known actor who also played the Nathan's old Samurai adviser in the movie "Last Samurai"? When you know it, you finally understand that why you are impressed by the dialogs that much.

Anyway enough chit chat. I did most of the translations, but I am having hard time translating two of them. Here is the ones I already translated:

* My Lord! Under your leadership, our warriors have taken the life of your enemy.
    * My Lord, your enemy has been killed, and your victory has been brought closer.
    * The enemy Daimyo lacks courage and honor. He's running for his worthless life!.
    * Your enemy is unworthy! And their Daimyo will not stand to fight against you.
    * We have killed the enemy Taisho. Without the leadership, his armies will be in chaos.
    * Your men have taken the head of the enemy Taisho. His armies are without the direction.
    * It appears that the enemy Taisho has forsaken his honor. And he is running like a whipped dog!
    * The enemy Taisho is running from defeat. But his dishonor and our swords, will chase him to his grave.
    * There is no dishonor to dying in battle. It is way of the warrior.
    * The greatest death, which a Samurai can have, is to be found in battle.
    * Your Taisho brings you honor, by sacrificing his life in battle.
    * My Lord! How can you expect your warriors to die for your honor, if you show no courage!
    * My Lord! Your Taisho is doing you a great insult! By running from the face of the enemy.
    * You have been betrayed by the cowardice of your Taisho. He is fleeing from a honorable death.

But I am having a hard time understanding those two:

* My Lord! You are ... being cowardice, by showing your backside to the enemy.
    * Your Taisho has given his life ... of his Daimyo.

It's sad that I played the game for more than 14 years and still not able to understand what does it says there. But I attached those two sound files. Would you kindly listen to them, and share your opinion?

Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Need help translating the adviser quotes!

Re : voices/BattleEvents file ( This is in English. )

* My Lord! You are WISE TO FEIGN cowardice, by showing your backside to the enemy.
    * Your Taisho has given his life IN THE LOYAL SERVICE of his Daimyo.

[ NB: foices/BattleEvents file is in Japanese... ]

All of the others are correct ( per voices file ).

Member thankful for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by DEB8 View Post
    Re : voices/BattleEvents file ( This is in English. )

* My Lord! You are WISE TO FEIGN cowardice, by showing your backside to the enemy.
    * Your Taisho has given his life IN THE LOYAL SERVICE of his Daimyo.

[ NB: foices/BattleEvents file is in Japanese... ]

All of the others are correct ( per voices file ).
    Thanks mate! I love the "Wise to feign cowardice" quote. By the way you got it from a text file that I don't know of?

Details from : voices/BattleEvents file ( This is in English. ) , and : [ foices/BattleEvents file is in Japanese... ] ; are from sound ( wave ) files ( via Windows Media Player ). Double click on a wave file and Windows Media Player will play it for you.
    Last edited by DEB8; 11-02-2015 at 21:34.