Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The Inquisition [Concluded]

Master of useless knowledge Senior Member Kitten Shooting Champion, Eskiv Champion Ironside's Avatar

Default Re: The Inquisition [Sign-ups]

In then, since you need the numbers. I might be too busy to play some days though.
    We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled. But how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any particular time, or even all the time? Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?

Project PYRRHO, Specimen 46, Vat 7
    Activity Recorded M.Y. 2302.22467
    TERMINATION OF SPECIMEN ADVISED

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Alright, the game is tentatively set to start Sunday afternoon/night, US time.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

You can put me in as a full player Khaan.

Just please don't hold me to Pirate Ship activity levels.

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

Well, it's now as good as next week, so if it's not too late, I'll join in.
    (no worries if I'm too late)

Blog Entries

Alrighty alrighty, Role PM's are going out. Game will be started in the next hour or so.

Sorry we don't all have pay to win recruitment schemes to get players

Don't smite me
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Member thankful for this post:

Visor 

Blog Entries

And so the nobility and the court were dismissed to their quarters for the night, to rest and prepare. The palace was a place of luxury, but tonight, it was a gilded cage. As most prepared to rest, schemes were readied and plans laid out. What would come next would be anyone's guess...

It is night one! As it is the first night phase, you will have 48 hours to prepare yourselves and ready plans. Good luck!

Timer will be up once I ask GH what the heck I'm doing wrong with it and get it working.

Last edited by seireikhaan; 11-02-2015 at 18:08.

Worshippers of Shahnak, PM me, let's kill people.

Default Re: The Inquisition [Any day now, khaan]

[.timer=11/3/2015 08:00 PM +10:00; Day Phase Over][/timer.]

this is what I use on cfc, something similar should work for you

change the timezone to whatever you are, -5?

and times accordingly

This might be what you're loking for, though it is my timezone.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Hello everyone, and welcome to my newest iteration of mafia! As per usual, I'm trying a few new tweaks upon previous formula I've used in the past, in this case, the House of Origin.

There will be three mafia. The mafia will have the customary power to kill, as well as something additional during the night. There will not be conversion as a mechanic.

The town will, as in Origin, have the power to kill or protect at night, but in a constrained capacity. The town will be superficially divided into three groups; those who worshipped Shahnak, those who worshipped Armouz, and those who worshipped Firnaz. Regardless of which group a townsperson is in, their goal is the same- the elimination of the mafia and anyone else that might have a conflicting victory condition. What the groups do is limit who a person can coordinate with during the night phase. Each worshipper will only work with others they trust and know. In order to perform a kill at night, four townspersons are required. In order to protect a person, three are required. The mafia will be hidden in these groups.

The setup will work a bit something like this:

Townsman(nobles and members of the royal court)
    One to three town-enabling roles.
    Mafia(agents aggressive to the Emperor)
    And one, possibly two independent-minded roles.(the number depends on how many players) Their victory conditions might be their own, or they may be able to obtain victory concurrently with others.

There will also be a somewhat different mechanic that will pertain to those who suffer an unfortunate demise early into the game that will be revealed when the time is proper.

Going to put my 2 cents in:

22 players, 1 quite possibly two independents, 3 mafia.

maybe 18 townies, leaving 6 townies in each and 1 mafia in each probably.

numbers might be a bit fuzzy, but there is around 6-7 members of each town I'd imagine. Depending on the abilities of everyone else, mafia included, the townies will become vanilla quite soon, or at least some of them will I think.

Not that it matters anyway. Mafia doing something additional will be interesting, no doubt we'll see what it is, probably some kind of sabotage mechanic.

If any independents can win with town, I'm always willing to work with them - so if you want some help, shoot me a PM I guess.

Otherwise town should be ganging up and killing people I guess. Not sure if we get role reveals, but I bloody well hope so.

Perhaps its unfair to kill people N0, and you're probably right, but mafia are going to kill n0 so we might as well strike as well.

N0 kills are never fun but you do what you can. Maybe someone will get a push ability or something like I got as Skully in Andres game.

Anyway, good luck townies, and hopefully see most of you on the other side in the morning.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

I refuse to kill anyone n0, I will work in protection groups with Firnaz worshippers only.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Is there any reason not to publicly announce our affiliations? It seems to me that we should all publicly declare who we worship, it would prevent Mafioso from claiming something convenient at a later date.

I worship ****.
    Last edited by Myrddraal; 11-02-2015 at 14:13. Reason: Removed who I worship :)

Well, no because mafia can just pick off enough Townies from each group to stop them getting vigged. Only a certain amount should claim, maybe two max.

No more shanak should claim.

If you're town myrrd, you just painted a huge target on your back along with me as we are known shads.

Expect your life expectancy to drop dramatically.

Well, if you would be so kind to edit your post, perhaps that can be salvaged.
    Last edited by Myrddraal; 11-02-2015 at 14:17.

I'm not a coward myrrd, I'll live and die by my mistakes.

Besides, editing content is a bit of an angleahoot.

Shanak can claim to me privately however and I will attempt to organise things until my untimely n0 death which is likely incoming.

Default Re: The Inquisition

Mafia will soon have a picture of who is in what group most likely, so it doesn't matter. Best to strike while we can and damn the consequences I say.

Default Re: The Inquisition

I would suggest the mouthpiece of all three faction be protected so that if town they cannot be taken out immediately.

I would prefer to not be protected however. Personal choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash View Post
    If you're town myrrd, you just painted a huge target on your back along with me as we are known shads.

Expect your life expectancy to drop dramatically.
    Hey now, you know I'm usually against claiming (and have been hanged for it multiple times) but they won't be able to see your targets among all the others if everyone claims. Like zebras.

Moreover, I study maths for the sixt year at university and have concluded that 3+6*3+1=22.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

I would wager that the identities of the cults would be rather easy to obtain, all the mafia have to do is claim to be members of each cult, and then participate in a successful action in each group.

We should not delude ourselves and think that the information will stay secret. And while it makes a certain degree of sense to protect the first publicly revealed members of each cult, the mafia will then of course kill around that person and therefore be successful.

So, a certain element of surprise should be maintained, and remember that group actions will not be successful if thrown together at the last minute. Give at least 12 hours, preferably 24, for a group to send in orders after they have received a suggestion from the group leader. Cite- every capo and every pirate ship game.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

And for the groups to work we need 3 or 4 claims from the same kind of worshippers so the probability for the groups to succeed is higher if there are more claims.

So, everyone's claiming then?

Also, hi

Hi, I'm Yahweh, but you can call me JC.

My VC is to convert 'em all.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

j/k guys, I'm the One True God, already lording over everyone. I am beyond both victory and defeat.

Still gotta convert 'em all tho.
    Vitiate Man.

edse 

Hey! No conversion! It's against the rules!

The .org's resident pirate Member landlubber's Avatar

Checking in, claiming Armouz. The more organized we are, the better IMO.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Why am I called a joker in my power role PM?

@seireikhaan:timer instructions
    Last edited by El Barto; 11-03-2015 at 03:13.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    Why am I called a joker in my power role PM?

@seireikhaan:timer instructions
    That means you are here to dance for the God-Emperor's amusement.

Just keep dancing, it makes you immune to NK as long as you don't stop. Send "dance" as your night order, and never anything else.
    Vitiate Man.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast