Poll: .Org Trusted marketplace

Thread: Org Marketplace

Part-Time Polemic Senior Member ICantSpellDawg's Avatar

Default Org Marketplace

Hey, I was just thinking about how little I trust merchants online and it got me thinking further; what if we had a forum for members who had reached a certain level of trustworthiness where they could ask to buy or sell things? Via Paypal, of course.

That would be great. I haven't been here in a while, is that a thing? Maybe only for Senior Members because I am an elitist jerk
    Last edited by ICantSpellDawg; 11-09-2015 at 00:18.
    "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
    -Eric "George Orwell" Blair

"If the policy of the government, upon vital questions affecting the whole people, is to be irrevocably fixed by decisions of the Supreme Court...the people will have ceased to be their own rulers, having to that extent practically resigned the government into the hands of that eminent tribunal."
    (Lincoln's First Inaugural Address, 1861).
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Org Marketplace

I don't think I would consider adding "Org-Bay" to the 5-year plan any time soon.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Member thankful for this post:

Husar 

What kind of things would people buy and sell that they couldn't do somewhere else? o.O

Quote Originally Posted by AntiDamascus View Post
    What kind of things would people buy and sell that they couldn't do somewhere else? o.O
    Freedom and happiness?

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Members thankful for this post (2):

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Org Marketplace

Quote Originally Posted by ICantSpellDawg View Post
    Hey, I was just thinking about how little I trust merchants online and it got me thinking further; what if we had a forum for members who had reached a certain level of trustworthiness where they could ask to buy or sell things? Via Paypal, of course.
    We appreciate your trust in us, but I think I speak for the entire team when I say that we neither can nor want to take responsibility for financial transactions arranged via our forum. We would have no way to check on or enforce a deal if a dispute arises (and disputes can occur even when both parties are acting in good faith).
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Thus is the desire for Freedom and Happiness defeated, again.
    Is it any wonder that we are everywhere in chains!?
    Ja-mata TosaInu

Member thankful for this post:

Andres 

Do not google "bunny in chains"