Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Terror Attack: 130 Dead in Paris

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Default Terror Attack: 130 Dead in Paris

Another shoot out, grenade attack and reports of hostages.
    18+ dead

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015-1...eports/6940722
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Default Re: France Shoot-Out

And we were so close to getting that Steve jobs
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Members thankful for this post (3):

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

According to the AP its now 26 dead, and the military is now deployed in Paris, this looks like a major terrorist attack.

Hopefully the death toll will not go higher.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    And we were so close to getting that Steve jobs
    Arafat was an engineer. Genius/high intelligence doesn't equal good outcomes. It is still dependent on home life. My point was that genes aren't as important as social raising.
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

And there is only one thing that has nothing to do with this.

Wake up, Europe.
    "And if the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war and not popularity seeking. If they want peace, they and their relatives must stop the war." - William Tecumseh Sherman

“The market, like the Lord, helps those who help themselves. But unlike the Lord, the market does not forgive those who know not what they do.” - Warren Buffett

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Paris attacks: Dozens dead

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34814203
    At least 40 people have been killed in multiple shootings in the French capital, Paris, and explosions near the Stade de France.
    French media say at least 15 people have been killed near the Bataclan arts centre, where up to 60 people are reportedly being held hostage.
    Some spectators fled the venue after police stormed it. Reports suggested gunmen shot many there.
    President Francois Hollande has declared a state of emergency.
    He has ordered all France's borders closed.
    Paris authorities have asked people to stay indoors.
    Three explosions were reported outside a bar near the Stade de France.
    Elsewhere, at least one man opened fire at a restaurant in the 11th district of the city, causing several several casualties.
    A BBC journalist at the Petit Cambodge restaurant said he could see 10 people lying on the road, either dead or seriously injured.
    Police have now arrived and sealed off the area.
    Seems to be unfolding still at the moment.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Senior Member Senior Member Brenus's Avatar

Default Re: Paris attacks: Dozens dead

That is bad... So, perhaps we can join with the Russians now...
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.

"I've been in few famous last stands, lad, and they're butcher shops. That's what Blouse's leading you into, mark my words. What'll you lot do then? We've had a few scuffles, but that's not war. Think you'll be man enough to stand, when the metal meets the meat?"
    "You did, sarge", said Polly." You said you were in few last stands."
    "Yeah, lad. But I was holding the metal"
    Sergeant Major Jackrum 10th Light Foot Infantery Regiment "Inns-and-Out"

Move the recent comments from the last Paris attack thread in here.

EDIT: thanks
    Last edited by a completely inoffensive name; 11-14-2015 at 04:16.

But the kebab shops are worth it.

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenus View Post
    That is bad... So, perhaps we can join with the Russians now...
    Most likely, these where not Syrian citizens, but French. I don't think the jets will have to travel far..
    Runes for good luck:

[1 - exp(i*2π)]^-1

Senior Member Senior Member Brenus's Avatar

True. The real target should be the Wahabists Saudis and Qatar, but, hey, we are selling them Rafales...
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.

"I've been in few famous last stands, lad, and they're butcher shops. That's what Blouse's leading you into, mark my words. What'll you lot do then? We've had a few scuffles, but that's not war. Think you'll be man enough to stand, when the metal meets the meat?"
    "You did, sarge", said Polly." You said you were in few last stands."
    "Yeah, lad. But I was holding the metal"
    Sergeant Major Jackrum 10th Light Foot Infantery Regiment "Inns-and-Out"

Members thankful for this post (3):

Want to neuter terrorists finance get rid of oil.

Quote Originally Posted by Papewaio View Post
    Want to neuter terrorists finance get rid of oil.
    Small arms and grenades do not require a massive financial backing. The ability to plan logistics with twitter and burner cell phones does not require some sympathetic oil sheikh with cash to burn.

France lost this war when the sons and grandsons of immigrants were ostracized from society. This chapter has already been written.
    Last edited by Strike For The South; 11-14-2015 at 01:43.

Oil pays for the root cause which is the extremist wahabist madras

Oil pays for the root cause which is the extremist wahabist madras
    I'm going to assume you know the story of Pandoras box? In any event, these attacks are so far removed from suadi whabbis. To talk about it smacks of moving the goal posts.

Member thankful for this post:

Not just the schools or the funding but the leverage fundamentalist areas have because they don't need to learn just pump out oil.

I bet that the most Christian fundamentalists areas in the U.S. on average have more oil fields and minerals then the less fundamentalist ones. Even within a state that's probably true too.

Oil allows fundamentalism to grow because their is no need for STEM to create an open idea knowledge based economy that runs counter to close minded fundamentalists of whatever flavour is local.

The box is open, it's burning, time to think our ways out of the problems.

So we could make like the Romans and crush them, we could remove their financial clout, we could better integrate those that come to our societies, we could stop allying with the ones funding the majority of the terrorists. I'm sure there is more we can do that won't just target the enemies of the nation foremost in funding this problem.

Blog Entries

Not just the schools or the funding but the leverage fundamentalist areas have because they don't need to learn just pump out oil.
    What is engineering no longer counted as a STEM field?
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

I bet that the most Christian fundamentalists areas in the U.S. on average have more oil fields and minerals then the less fundamentalist ones. Even within a state that's probably true too.

Oil allows fundamentalism to grow because their is no need for STEM to create an open idea knowledge based economy that runs counter to close minded fundamentalists of whatever flavour is local.

So we could make like the Romans and crush them, we could remove their financial clout, we could better integrate those that come to our societies, we could stop allying with the ones funding the majority of the terrorists. I'm sure there is more we can do that won't just target the enemies of the nation foremost in funding this problem.
    You were so close, and then you had to bring STEM into it.

STEM has nothing to do with fundamentalism at all - many of the European born terrorists are intelligent and well educated with backgrounds in medicine and IT.

It's all well and good to blame the Saudis but seeds only grow in fertile soil - you have to accept that there was and is an underlying current of hostility that just doesn't approve of the way we do things in the West and has no problem slaughtering Westeners for God.

These Muslims (not all Muslims) see us as sub-human, which is clear in the way they kill us indiscriminately man woman and child.

Slaughter under "justified" circumstances is built into the bedrock of Islam, just look at that argument I just finished with Hit - when it came down to it he felt it behove him to justify the genocide carried out by his Muslim forefathers. You can't excise that from the religion because it's there right at the beginning - sometimes you just have to kill the Unbelievers to protect the Faithful.

Anyway, what's happening in Paris is both horrific and mind boggling - if this turns out to have been carried out by Syrian or Afghan nationals then I forecast reprisal killings and you can expect the entire tone of the refugee crisis to change regardless of the origin of the terrorists.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Default Paris attacks: At least 120 dead

I'm predicting that the anti-immigration parties will be winning more often than not in the coming election cycles. Just look at Poland.

Edit: something very interesting I came across, from a decade ago: http://www.spiegel.de/international/...-a-369448.html
    Last edited by Hooahguy; 11-14-2015 at 03:30.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Members thankful for this post (2):

The exact opposite is true. Oilmen in the US are known for being the antithesis of any sort of zealotry. Next time it would be easier just to insult Texas rather than have a paragraph to nowhere.

I don't really know what to say to this other than you are making science a religion in itself. By your own admission these men are quite apt at gaining STEM degrees. I would argue that STEM rewards the rigid thinking that most fundamentalists follow. Although, I don't ascribe any special qualities to STEM as a whole.

Crush the myth of multiculturalism. Follow an assimilation model or severely limit the number of immigrants taken in.

The whabbis have spoken and the madrasas have been built. We can't put the genie back in the bottle. Its also rather myopic to think the whabbis have more influence than any other kind Islamist.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    What is engineering no longer counted as a STEM field?
    Most of those engineers are ex pats or go overseas to get their training. Either way they are a social minority and not the norm.

Default Re: Paris attacks: At least 120 dead

Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    I'm predicting that the anti-immigration parties will be winning more often than not in the coming election cycles. Just look at Poland.

Edit: something very interesting I came across, from a decade ago: http://www.spiegel.de/international/...-a-369448.html
    Remove kebab before kebab removes you.
    "And if the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war and not popularity seeking. If they want peace, they and their relatives must stop the war." - William Tecumseh Sherman

“The market, like the Lord, helps those who help themselves. But unlike the Lord, the market does not forgive those who know not what they do.” - Warren Buffett

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

looks really bad

Jillian & Allison's Daddy Senior Member Don Corleone's Avatar

No politics or 2nd guessing on this one for me tonight fellas. Just an awful lot of sadness. Louis and the rest of my French friends, my heart bleeds for you tonight. Be safe. God bless you and hold you close. You are in my prayers.
    "A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."
    Don Vito Corleone: The Godfather, Part 1.

"Then wait for them and swear to God in heaven that if they spew that bull to you or your family again you will cave there heads in with a sledgehammer"
    Strike for the South

Members thankful for this post (6):

Seems to have been really well organised, they must have been preparing this for months. I'll also refrain from comment at the moment this is really horrible.
    Last edited by Fragony; 11-14-2015 at 08:05.

the angry, angry elephantid Member wooly_mammoth's Avatar

It's been less than an year since the Charlie Hebdo shooting and indeed, this wasn't some random Ahmed suddenly feeling the urge to do the will of the Prophet, but a very well-organized attack. Looks like a proverbial case of incompetence on the side of the French intelligence.

So will Hollande step up his evil communist plan and invade the caliphate now?

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South
    Its also rather myopic to think the whabbis have more influence than any other kind Islamist.
    All Islamists are Wahhabis.

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    So will Hollande step up his evil communist plan and invade the caliphate now?
    If it was them they probably would have claimed it by now

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast