Thread: Rise of The Snake Cult [Concluded]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Rise of The Snake Cult [Concluded]

Welcome all. This game is "Rise of the Snake Cult" involving no actual cults. Surprise surprise.

Rules:
    • 48 hour days and 24 hour night phases.
    • You may not talk after death except for a 'go town' style comment. There will be a dead quicktopic if you want to talk (or a skype chat).
    • Don't quote anything I say to you. Paraphrasing is fine.
    • No screenshots, etc.
    • You may NOT talk to players outside the thread.
    • You will vote for players you want lynched during the day, using the format, Vote: Visorslash. Votes must be in bold to count. If you wish to unvote, simply: Unvote; Vote: ATPG. You don't need to do a semicolon, I just think it looks nice. The vote tag is not essential but please make it very clear who you are voting for, I would suggest only bolding names for votes, never for emphasis.
    • If you are replaced or WOG killed, please do not post in the thread.
    • For votes that end in a tie, there will be a tiebreaking period after the lynch where the next vote/unvote will decide.
    • No lynch is allowed.
    • Please don't edit posts with votes.
    • If you miss two day phases in a row or 3 in total with any reasonable excuse or informing me why you will be WoG'ed.
    • Have fun. This is not an option . If you don't think you'll have fun with this game... don't join it.
    • Alignment will be revealed on death.

Info pertaining to the game:
    The game will run from anywhere between 13-20 players. It will have no cults. It will have a few slightly different powers and twist on game mechanics but nothing too ground breaking.

Players: 20/20 (max)
    1. Jarema
    2. GeneralHankerchief
    3. Golden1Knight
    4. Cuthillius
    5. seireikhaan
    6. Zain
    7. landlubber
    8. edse
    9. Csargo
    10. Raith Kemmler
    11. Beskar
    12. El Barto
    13. Al Sipsclar
    14. Winston Hughes
    15. Nightbringer
    16. Autolycus
    17. Cass
    18. Johnhughthom
    19. Severing viper
    20. Scarlett Aria

Reserves:
    1. Zack
    2. Choxorn
    Last edited by Visor; 12-11-2015 at 12:20.

Senior Member Senior Member Jarema's Avatar

Default Re: Rise of The Snake Cult

uh, ok

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Let's do it.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

I'm in.

I'll join. Would be appreciated if you could shoot me a message on another site when this starts- MU would be ideal. :)

Member thankful for this post:

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Host Member Maeda Path Champion, Arkanoid Champion, 3D SuperBall Champion, Simon Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Breakout Champion Zain's Avatar

I would like to play too, been inactive but the colder weather always draws me back to the Org.

In if you will allow me

Member thankful for this post:

The .org's resident pirate Member landlubber's Avatar

I'll play.

Host Member Maeda Path Champion, Arkanoid Champion, 3D SuperBall Champion, Simon Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Breakout Champion Zain's Avatar

The Duke is dead, the Duke is dead! Oh no, what shall we do without our precious Duke?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: Rise of The Snake Cult [In Play]

I'm not lurking on purpose if I am...

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

What a strange thing to post. Especially when unasked.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Just want to be helpful, I just can't keep up. It's like y'all know rules and strategies I haven't heard of so I'm learning.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

I suspect someone has a bad case of the flinchies…
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

End of Night Two

The Duchess was found with multiple stab wounds on the floor of the court. The Cult had responded harshly for the death of one of their leaders. More threatened to come.

Scarlett Aria was killed!

She was
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    town!

Alive: 16/20
    1. Jarema
    2. GeneralHankerchief
    3. Golden1Knight
    4. Cuthillius
    6. Zain
    7. landlubber
    8. edse
    10. Raith Kemmler
    12. El Barto
    13. Al Sipsclar
    14. Winston Hughes
    15. Nightbringer
    16. Autolycus
    17. Cass
    18. Johnhughthom
    19. Severing viper

Dead: 4/20
    11. Beskar, lynched D1, town.
    9. Csargo, killed N1, town.
    5. seireikhaan, lynched D2, mafia.
    20. Scarlett Aria, killed N2, town.

48 hours for day.

Last edited by Visor; 12-15-2015 at 10:59.

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Oh dear, I need to get my head in this game.

Here is a compilation of seireikhaan's posts for convenience.

DAY 1

Quote Originally Posted by seireikhaan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief

Okay, good. Now, to business.
    Vote: khaan"

Rude!
    Vote: GH
    Might slant me towards believing GH is town since there is no real reason to draw associations with your fellow mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett Aria

So to understand some of you better. I'm going to ask 2 questions to kind of understand where you are coming from.

1. If you are scum how would you approach a closed setup?

2. If you are town how would you approach a closed setup?

1. Wouldn't answer that truthfully anyways.

2. See above.
    Pretty meaningless response.

Unvote: GH
    Vote: El Barto

Don't you touch my honeybun.
    (Barto had just voted GH)

I would say this is basically just playing into normal meta, although again no real reason to think he would do this towards fellow mafia without need, especially since all the votes were so close on day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Cass_

The response is essentially null but at least he outright said he's not clueless or intending to be - ergo, he's not hiding behind that and even if he was he can't now because he'll be caught out. I'm not sure yet whether he's more likely scummy or low hanging fruit. My next step is to look at vote trains (I know, I'm cutting it close).

For what it's worth, I and I'm pretty sure at least a few others were pretty clueless on what exactly you meant by that. Been playing here since '07(though not as long as certain others), and have never seen people refer to setups as open or closed before. Just one of those little meta things that different places have. Believe me, if Beskar had tried pretending he was a noob, that would have been a *very* transparent tactic.
    I find it hard to believe he would be having this conversation with fellow mafia, so I'm inclined to trust cass.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief

As for khaan, I'm probably putting words in his mouth, but he's likely to save me on D1 when there's nothing to go off of, but he'd be more than willing to cut my throat midgame if he thinks I'm scum. Or if he flat-out doesn't have a read on me. Or if there's no good lynch candidate and he simply wants to troll. But by that time he's usually picked up a grudge against at least one other player in the game and will have tunnel vision on them, so who knows.

You can put those words wherever you want, love.
    I would say this is just a meta post.

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto

And you voted me (always a bad thing to do) for voting him…?

Yeah, that sounds about right.
    Again, I would say this is basically meta. It just feels too blatant to be a bluff against either GH or El Barto

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthillius

Here are Al's posts.
    To me, it seems like he's moving his vote around a little too much compared to the number of posts he's making and what he's saying. First he makes a sort of jokey vote, than he OMGUS's, then votes Cass because she hasn't voted enough. I just don't really see much mental transition between these and it kinda feels like he doesn't care much if any of them die.
    Vote:Al Sipsclar

This seems rather silly to me. For what purpose would a mafioso move their vote around so much on day 1 for? It's too scatterbrained to be anything scheming. You might be correct that he doesn't care too much if they die or not, but that doesn't necessarily translate to him being mafia.

Vote: Scarlett Aria

While I find the case made by Cuthilius flimsy, I don't necessarily fault him for that in the sense of being guilty. What I *do* find suspicious is others latching onto it without any explanation of why they might agree with it. My eye is on GoldenKnight too, but Scarlett's setting off my bells slightly harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett Aria

The thing that makes me think he is scum is his under the radar type play D1. It has a different tone then the others. The Csargo kill could possibly be someone who thinks he has good reads on this roster? Not sure because this is my first game."

Mostly for this. I don't even agree that Al was "under the radar". Under the radar is what I did. If he's flopping around with his vote, he's almost exactly the opposite; it's noisy and draws attention to himself. That doesn't strike me as mafia behavior, and it raises a brow from me that you would hop onto a case with such odd... reasoning.
    This is probably the most interesting post to me. While it is, in and of itself, a fair point, I just don't see the reason to stick your neck out like this as mafia. Until this point all of seireikhaan's posts have been very insubstantial, so why suddenly throw yourself into a debate? It just makes your name more visible. While it could be that he simply felt he needed to look more active, I'm inclined to think this may have been provoked by something.

That Scarlett was gotten rid of tonight is probably just because she was a clear innocent after this post.

As such, I'm wanting to look more closely at Al Sipsclar for the time being. I'm going to go through the thread more closely again, but I might as well stick this here for now.
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Okay, here goes.

Early in the game I considered SeveringViper simply by the irony in his name, but have since noticed he seems quite inactive. Leaving me with very little in the way of analysis or his posts.

So I weigh my options, and I feel that activity may be an easy cover-up for scum. I know in the past playing Mafia in person, when I was scum it was easy to fool everybody by obviously drawing attention to myself.

So, without knowing the players personally, I go with instinct and Vote: Al for now.

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

So I'm stuck on mobile only right now and can't put together a detailed response, but all I can really say is that it was a misread. I thought the way they were communicating was too interactive to be people that had their own quicktopic. I figured that mafia would probably just try to avoid association, rather than fake squable and chat with each other.

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

So why do you land on me jht ? Seriously? I'm shaping up as today's target, so at least make sure you have really thought it through. Auto's voting record really does far less to separate him from known skum far mine does

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

Vote: Zain

Merry Christmas to all (I'm a little late, I know)

vote: Zain

vote count
    autolycus - 2
    zain - 1
    nightbringer - 1
    jarema - 1

1. Jarema - Zain
    6. Zain - autolycus
    13. Al Sipsclar
    15. Nightbringer - autolycus
    16. Autolycus
    17. Cass - Jarema
    18. Johnhughthom - Nightbringer

waiting on you 2 al sips and auto :)

Autolycus has actualy voted Zain, I voted Jarema (by bolding his name).

Like Auto noted, we had someone poisoned and someone killed every night.

Code:
    	poisoned	killed
    N1	edse (d.N4)	Csargo
    N2	LL (d.N3)	Scarlett
    N3	WH (d.N4)	Cuth+EB
    N4	Cass		edse?
    N5	?		RK
    edse told us he had two days to live, but died N4. Either he was healed and killed, or the poison took longer.
    landlubber didn't claim he was poisoned, but N3 writeup indicated he died of poison. Either he neglected to claim, or the poison was too potent (two poisoners?) or LL was very susceptible to poisoning.
    WH claimed the poisoning symptoms on D4 and died N4. Not as fast as LL, but faster than edse.
    Cass claimed poisoning N4, is still alive. Seems to be within the two days expectancy. It also can be that the poison always takes two days to kill, but some people develop symptoms early (edse, Cass), some late (WH), some never (LL). In this case we're going to have more than one player poisoned on the same night, requiring multiple poisoners.

Zain did nothing on N2 and N3, so this clears him from being the solo killer or poisoner. He still can be a part of the mafia team who did nothing those nights, but I find it unlikely that he'd push for the lynch of his last teammate (SV) first thing in the morning on D4.

Nightbringer and Cass each missed two day phases. They still could have sent night orders, but their absence lowers the probability of them being the solo killers or poisoners.

Nightbringer also pushed for SV lynch early D4 and D5, which makes it unlikey he's part of SV's team.

Cass could have been bussing khaan. She also followed my ill-advised suggestions and voted Nightbringer D5 and Jarema today. Probability of being the mafia team's member: medium.

I agree with Auto that Jarema's vote on edse after edse was poisoned makes it unlikely that Jarema is the poisoner. He still can be the solo killer.

JHT and I voted to lynch more than one scum, which lowers the probability of us being the mafiosi. We still could be the solo killers/poisoners.

Autolycus has the highest chances of being either the mafia team member or the solo killer/poisoner.

Code:
    		mafia 		solo poisoner	solo killer
    Jarema		low		low		medium
    Zain		low		very low	very low
    Al Sipsclar	very low	medium		medium
    Nightbringer	low		low		low
    Autolycus	medium		medium		medium
    Cass		medium		low		low
    JHT		very low	medium		medium
    Vote: Autolycus