Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Rise of The Snake Cult [Concluded]

Host Member Maeda Path Champion, Arkanoid Champion, 3D SuperBall Champion, Simon Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Breakout Champion Zain's Avatar

Default Re: Rise of The Snake Cult

Y'all are right, it's awesome being back. Though it's hard for me to be very active during this holiday season, I'm reading the posts in big sections, and I stick to my previous vote.

Default Re: Rise of The Snake Cult [In Play]

The sudden turn to both inactives has me hair up. It feels really easy.

If we're going to put one of the non-shows on trial, I'm leaning to the one who looks the most classically mafia. I like the votes on Nightbringer, and I won't cry if he dies, but his one post is kind of null. He's not helping town, but I can't say he's done anything scummy either. Jarema is a bit more active, but I'm not smelling the scum there if his meta is true. But Goldenknight does smell fearful.

Day 1: I demand some posting from the inactives.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden1Knight View Post
    Vote: Cuthilious
    A few minutes later, our lurker comes out, and then goes back into the shadows.

Vote: Al Sipsclar

Raith seems a bit suspicious too.
    Day 2, we get this regurgitation of other people's sentiments. It's basically nothing at best, and a clumsy smokescreen at worst.

Weird vote be weird. Pretty much everyone else posting around this time looks sidewise at this post.

I did not expect that my vote would cause such a reaction!

First, it is a habit of mine to vote without explaining. It may be a negligence but has worked so far :P

My vote was guided by the posts made on the thread, and I did not vote in Raith because GH's explanation seemed plausible (regarding day's lynch vote).
    Golden now gives us what might be a soliloquy to what came before. Oh crap guys, you all noticed this. But I always do this, why are you looking at me? It's worked great. Why isn't it still working?

What's weirder though, is his sudden additional point on me. It doesn't look logical the way it transitions. It's more like, plugging a question before it can be asked. Anxiety maybe? Don't keep asking me to explain stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by seireikhaan View Post
    My eye is on GoldenKnight too, but Scarlett's setting off my bells slightly harder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Sipsclar View Post
    Slight scum:
    Jarema
    Golden1Knight
    Nightbringer
    - low activity, don't like the votes.

Vote: Nightbringer I can also support lynching Jarema or Golden1Knight.
    A couple people all make comments that Golden smells funny.

Yet Golden isn't on the chopping block. Suddenly his two inactive brothers in negligence are both up here, but he's just kind of floating away. That doesn't seem natural to me as a development. It feels manipulated. And if some capo did push the thread, saving Golden seems a decent hypothesis. If Nightbringer flips town, the typical town response is to give up on the inactives for a while at least and try finding an active mafiosa.

Unvote

Vote: GoldenKnight

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Brothers in negligence? I don't think they're coördinating anything.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

I don't either. As I said before, it's improbable they're all mafia. I was just grouping them as inactives by way of bad metaphor.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edse View Post
    I was attacked last night. Poisoned. If I know Visor correctly I'll be dead in about two days.
    Can you expand on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raith Kemmler View Post
    I don't either. As I said before, it's improbable they're all mafia. I was just grouping them as inactives by way of bad metaphor.
    Well, we'll see. Given that edse claims he was attacked, not all inactives can be mafia… well, it's unlikely.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.

I really don't get the two votes on me now but it just seems a bit strange. My site has mostly active posters so Al sips posts ping to me as the bare minimum content. On the other hand the push for a Night lynch is strange with the fact that he isn't around much. Golden gives off a 3pish vibe though.

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Vote: Golden1Knight

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Unvote: Jarema
    Vote: johnhughthom
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Hey, if it's about counterwaggoning, I could repeat my line of reasoning used for voting Autolycus and change to jht…

It seems that your accusations are doing a great job removing me from the shadows. I will answer your questions, and then return to my natural habitat. That is, if my head remains over my shoulders.

Usually I read all the posts and, from what I can understand, I vote. It's not a perfect system, especially early in the game, where information is scarce, but there is not much I can do. But during the night stage, I make myself more useful. I am always willing to cooperate with other townies, even when it may be disadvantageous to me. In this game I'm townie again, although I can't prove it of course :P

I also have a personal goal to get to the end of the game still alive, a feat that I accomplished in my first two games and will try to achieve in this one as well. This golden knight hasn't met death (yet).

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett Aria View Post
    I really don't get the two votes on me now but it just seems a bit strange. My site has mostly active posters so Al sips posts ping to me as the bare minimum content. On the other hand the push for a Night lynch is strange with the fact that he isn't around much. Golden gives off a 3pish vibe though.
    How does Al seem bare minimum and not Jarema?

Quote Originally Posted by seireikhaan View Post
    My eye is on GoldenKnight too, but Scarlett's setting off my bells slightly harder.
    Note: if Golden scum, khaan likely too.

That said... Vote:Golden1knight because he really doesn't look good and hasn't really provided convincing defence.

Member thankful for this post:

Csargo 

It seems that I dug my own grave. That's what I get for coming out of the shadows lol

Golden1Knight is lynched. He was town.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthillius View Post
    Note: if Golden scum, khaan likely too.
    And if Golden ain't scum…? btw thanks for making the waggon slightly more irreversible.
    It seems that I dug my own grave. That's what I get for coming out of the shadows lol

Golden1Knight is lynched. He was town.
    Well, I call PIS on that.

I also have a personal goal to get to the end of the game still alive, a feat that I accomplished in my first two games and will try to achieve in this one as well. This golden knight hasn't met death (yet).
    Wait, is this a GM-given personal goal or some random personal decision of yours?

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Probably a personal decision, I know I have roughly the same personal goal but for the rest of eternity.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Members thankful for this post (2):

Blog Entries

For the record I don't like this lynch.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    Probably a personal decision, I know I have roughly the same personal goal but for the rest of eternity.
    Well, seeing as we've been having all these terminology issues recently, I thought I'd ask, even if he's resigned to his death.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    For the record I don't like this lynch.
    Counterwaggon on either auto or jht, whichever you prefer…?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    Counterwaggon on either auto or jht, whichever you prefer…?
    My vote's already on JHT. auto's going to be more responsive to game flow. JHT is going to be JHT.

Then unvote; vote:johnhughthom.

The .org's resident pirate Member landlubber's Avatar

Sure.

unvote, vote:Johnhughthom

btw, landlubber, as third on the bandwaggon, you're obviously mafia.

Member thankful for this post:

Csargo 

Why are we counterwagoning JHT in particular?

I think Golden's reaction to pressure is townie, though...

Unvote.

Why are we counterwagoning JHT in particular?
    It was between him and Auto, both of whom tend to lurk these games quite a lot. Look at jht's activity so far.

I'm looking at it, but in doing so I also saw his last game, in which he was town, and behaved the exact same way.

I'm going to go with my gut here and Vote: Al Sips

Lol you're right. You just get mislynched by other townies, not generally the scum team.
    I was only mislynched in the first game, RedDwarf. In Madness, I was lynched by the scum team, but I was asking for that, since I wanted to use my resurrection ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Raith Kemmler View Post
    What's Cuthiliious posting look like then and now? Any differences?
    Cuth was really reckless in RedDwarf, made mistakes and eventually caught. I don't think that was his usual scum game. Madness was a "special" game, so I don't believe that was indicative of his town play either. And in the last game he was lynched D2 during Thanksgiving weekend, without much input from him.

So, yes, his play now is different from what I saw before, and so far I like it.

lol, Scarlett.

Hey, it's not that bad a vote.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast