GH (Edse, Jarema, JHT, Cuth)
    Edse (Auto)
    Zain (Landlubber)
    JHT (GH)
    Al Sips (Zain)
    Sev (Winston, Al Sips)
    Auto (El Barto)

D4:
    Golden1Knight (Raith Kemmler,JHT,edse,SeveringViper,Jarema,autolycus)
    SeveringViper (Zain,Nightbringer,Golden1Knight,Winston Hughes,Al Sipsclar)

Vote: SeveringViper

Senior Member Senior Member Jarema's Avatar

Default Re: Rise of The Snake Cult [In Play]

vote: SeveringViper. You were among top picks yesterday, and you are still today.

Well, as I said before, Zain's not visiting anyone doesn't make him clear, but I feel there are better options. For one, Jarema. You haven't completely answered my questions from before. And now, you suddenly decide to vote me as a top pick from yesterday, despite not even mentioning me then, and only voting now after a couple votes have already been placed.

Vote: Jarema

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Vote: Jarrema

Looking back at your posts, you've been quite flip floppy, like you don't want to say anything too assertive, or focus on one person, that could be used against you.

well, maybe?

now, I will stay with my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by SeveringViper View Post
    For one, Jarema. You haven't completely answered my questions from before.
    I did.

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

JHT, do you mind showing some examples of what you mean, because I haven't noticed that myself.
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Flip-flopping is a fine townie behavior. Townies can't be assertive, they don't have enough info.

Jarema's townie behavior this game was certified by an independent bipartisan commission consisting of landlubber (town) and El Barto (scum). Also works for him that he was the second on the wagon lynching GH. Though, if GH was not known to the mafia faction as one of them, that doesn't help. He also voted edse on D2, which was a bad vote, IMO.

I'd lynch SV before Jarema.
    Last edited by Al Sipsclar; 12-21-2015 at 19:24. Reason: line breaks

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbringer View Post
    JHT, do you mind showing some examples of what you mean, because I haven't noticed that myself.
    Well, I just brought up all Jarema's posts and he seemed to vote for someone new every round, halfheartedly and like he didn't really believe it.

In saying that, it wasn't a strong case, and his response seemed townie Jarema to me, so I'll be unvoting after I look through a few more players.

@Nightbringer, who'd you lynch if not SV?

The .org's resident pirate Member landlubber's Avatar

For any of you that are interested, there is a game in signups on another site that could use a few more players!

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

I think I might actually go towards Cass after severing.

She was very quiet and just jumped in at the last minute to throw a vote on khaan once he was clearly going to die anyway (although with a fair excuse of being busy), and seemed to be doing a little bit to sway people away from el barto.
    She's also been doing a lot of asking other people's opinions, rather than expressing her own, which reads (to me) as a scum tactic to avoid putting your neck out, while looking active.

See these two posts in particular (both are awash in nested quotes)
    one
    two

She's also gone very quiet recently with focus shifting elsewhere, possibly to try to hide out as the last scum when no attention is directed her way.
    Last edited by Nightbringer; 12-22-2015 at 09:47. Reason: changed hims to hers, Sorry!
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Host Member Maeda Path Champion, Arkanoid Champion, 3D SuperBall Champion, Simon Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Breakout Champion Zain's Avatar

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by landlubber View Post
    For any of you that are interested, there is a game in signups on another site that could use a few more players!
    Landlubber go join the Mansion!

As I've said these last few turns, I believe SeveringViper was lurker-scum, now he's active/defensive scum.

Therefore, Vote:SeveringViper

I think I might actually go towards Cass after severing.

He was very quiet and just jumped in at the last minute to throw a vote on khaan once he was clearly going to die anyway (although with a fair excuse of being busy), and seemed to be doing a little bit to sway people away from el barto.
    He's also been doing a lot of asking other people's opinions, rather than expressing his own, which reads (to me) as a scum tactic to avoid putting your neck out, while looking active.

See these two posts in particular (both are awash in nested quotes)
    one
    two

He's also gone very quiet recently with focus shifting elsewhere, possibly to try to hide out as the last scum when no attention is directed his way.
    Yeah, I don't like that tactic of her either. However, Cass is my strongest town lean. khaan was tied to JHT before her vote, and it'd go to the overtime without her breaking the tie. She didn't have to do it. Too bad she hasn't voted since.

For me it's between severingviper and Raith.
    My game on Civfanatics could use a few more!: MNOTW XVII: The Cursed Blade!

Vote: Zain

Reading back through most players posts, Zain's have virtually zero actual content.

Host Member Maeda Path Champion, Arkanoid Champion, 3D SuperBall Champion, Simon Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Breakout Champion Zain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnhughthom View Post

Reading back through most players posts, Zain's have virtually zero actual content.
    You did not unvote

Also, one can say the same about you, perhaps a bit more involved than myself but still fairly lurker-scum.

I only clearing Zain in the memory of Winston who spent two long nights tracking Zain with no results other than the apparent snakebite. Otherwise, I agree with you. Zain's voting record is also poor - I'd like to see how SV flips to decide if it's worth anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Zain View Post
    You did not unvote

Also, one can say the same about you, perhaps a bit more involved than myself but still fairly lurker-scum.
    You don't have to unvote (in this game, at least). I agree that JHT is content-free, but he lynched two scum, and that counts for something.

Quote Originally Posted by autolycus View Post
    For me it's between severingviper and Raith.
    I'm uneasy about Raith as well. However, I find it unlikely that the last 1-2 remaining scum would push for G1K mislynch so actively as RK did. I'd expect them to be more opportunistic.

What do people think about Nightbringer? He's my close second candidate. This is my first game here, so I don't have any baseline meta regarding to him. Thread content and voting record (before SV flips) don't give me any reasons to clear Nightbringer.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Sipsclar View Post
    What do people think about Nightbringer? He's my close second candidate. This is my first game here, so I don't have any baseline meta regarding to him. Thread content and voting record (before SV flips) don't give me any reasons to clear Nightbringer.
    I can tell you that my participation in this game, with low activity at the start and ramping up later, is my standard pattern.

I can tell you that my participation in this game, with low activity at the start and ramping up later, is my standard pattern.
    As scum you mean? What is your townie pattern?

As scum you mean? What is your townie pattern?
    Well, I suppose I have to say it is the same don't I

The problem with voting Jarema, beyond my tactic acceptance this is his established town, is if he's mafia we're in deep.

The inactivity is been just bad enough the town will flip itself over more than be crippled by enemy play. ?

Vote:SeveringViper

Quote Originally Posted by Al Sipsclar View Post
    Middling. He's not the snake Viper looks like now, but the inactivity does no favors. It's too easy a mafia tactic to hide and then establish town cred when the chaos dies. I will probably raise or lower though after a bit of a retread.

I've been poisoned/I'm suddenly feeling unwell!

Sorry for my extended absence, turns out driving almost 2000kms across Oz with large areas of no mobile service, a 4yr old, new baby and screaming bird in the car isn't overly conducive to keeping up.

I have the current vote count as:

SV) - Nightbringer, Al Sips, Jarema, Zain, Auto?, Raith
    Jarema) - SV,
    Zain) - JHT*

? - Auto bolded SV's name but didn't write 'vote' - does this count as a vote?

* - JHT switched from Jarema to Zain

Reading through player ISOs my bottom three are currently Nightbringer, Autolycus and Jarema. SV would be number four. I'm not necessarily against his lynch, I'm reading him as defensive since yesterday's phase and I find the vote on Zain meh, but I don't mind his push on Jarema and it feels like an 'easy' pile-on.

Jarema's votes stand out as opportunistic/weird.
    Votes Edse (let's create some pressure here) which felt opportunistic after Winston's post and weird after mine; Zain (? no reason? - hasn't responded to questioning); GH (ok because Scum, but no reasons given, simply 'too'). SV because 'among top picks yesterday and still are today' also weird/?opportunistic (also, third vote :P).
    Most active when pushed by Sips for votes which is null for now but ?overdefensive.

Autolycus' votes/reasons given with votes are weird and his activity hasn't ramped up despite saying this would happen with more deaths. Votes: [spoiler]Jarema- Al Sips does seem to be the scummiest but there's plenty of votes there. Let's go with the arbitrary counterwagon on Jarrema'); Edse - Doesn't like GH wagon -no reason given- links Edse with Khaan vote, feels opportunistic; GK - Tips balance, no reason; Today 'between SV and Raith' (no reasons, ?no actual vote?).

Nightbringer is my top choice for possible distancing post Khaan, as mentioned and questioned here, soft-clearing GH and El Barto, doesn't answer questions, instead puts me in lineup with misrep of activity.

Vote: Nightbringer

Quote Originally Posted by Raith Kemmler View Post
    The problem with voting Jarema, beyond my tactic acceptance this is his established town, is if he's mafia we're in deep.

The inactivity is been just bad enough the town will flip itself over more than be crippled by enemy play. ?

Vote:SeveringViper

Middling. He's not the snake Viper looks like now, but the inactivity does no favors. It's too easy a mafia tactic to hide and then establish town cred when the chaos dies. I will probably raise or lower though after a bit of a retread.
    I still need to re-read the thread linearly but @Raith:
    - Can you explain the bold on Jarema a bit for me?
    - What exactly makes Viper look like 'the snake' and why would you bring that into a question related to Nightbringer?
    I see no reason to do this except to give a reason for your vote without actually giving reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Cass_ View Post
    I've been poisoned/I'm suddenly feeling unwell!
    What night phase were you poisoned Cass?

I have the current vote count as:

SV) - Nightbringer, Al Sips, Jarema, Zain, Auto?, Raith
    Jarema) - SV,
    Zain) - JHT*
    Yeah, runaway train on SV. Not surprising but not comforting. Could be an easy distract, or just giving up a doomed mafia. Fun. Confident John is doing his own thing.

...through player ISOs my bottom three are currently Nightbringer, Autolycus and Jarema. SV would be number four. I'm not necessarily against his lynch, I'm reading him as defensive since yesterday's phase and I find the vote on Zain meh, but I don't mind his push on Jarema and it feels like an 'easy' pile-on.
    I won't go for Jarema, but Auto or Night aren't out of the question. I'd need more convincing for Night though.

Vote: Nightbringer
    Response here pending. I'm gonna try to make a hard judgement, but no promises.

Quote Originally Posted by Cass_ View Post
    I still need to re-read the thread linearly but @Raith:
    - Can you explain the bold on Jarema a bit for me?
    - What exactly makes Viper look like 'the snake' and why would you bring that into a question related to Nightbringer?
    I see no reason to do this except to give a reason for your vote without actually giving reasons.
    [/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Viper is reactionary and defensive. But, does that translate to mafia? Defensive players are sleeping problems. See my annoyingly mistaken but strategically valid annoyance with Golden Knight's survival first mindset. Hiding does not good town make unless you've got the power. And 20 caffeinated townies will hunt the mafia faster than a few power roles (usually). Viper's real issue to me is his activity. He pops up when he's mentioned, but then goes away. That's not comforting.

Jarema, if mafia, is one of a few players town can't be confident about as we edge toward the end. But lynching him wastes now more valuable time. We're judging him based on something other than meta, I don't see a lot to be suspicious of. His activity seems distant but not evil. His posts are short.

We've got,

You. A player who vanished for a while, and hasn't voted a lot. You could be a player who hates pulling the trigger, but we don't have a lot on ya either way.
    Jarema: Present, but not very active.
    Nightbringer- Whose strategy if town also spirals great as mafia. Not much when the game was fluid, now giving us a lot when impressions are knowable.
    Zain- Sort of active, not exactly detailed. He's here, but he ain't monologuing. I'd like a monologue.
    Auto- So he's in the game. Yep.
    JHT: Town, so okay.
    SV- Who pops up every now and again when things shift toward him.

I'm active, but my big case was a bust. Also missed much of a phase with the holidays.
    Al- Active. Town in my book. If he's mafia, gg.

So basically, we don't a lot of high content here. I'm assuming based on meta and lack of hard hitting evidence Jarema is town. If I don't, I'm left with too many unknowns to see this confidently won with poison in play. All for self correcting, but unless I see counter evidence he feels suspiciously like a filler lynch to feed town.

Sev (Night, Al, Jarema, Zain, Auto, Raith
    Jarema (Sev
    Zain (John
    Night (cass

End of Day Five

Another success for the Court.

Severing Viper was lynched!
    Mafia

Alive: 8/20
    1. Jarema
    6. Zain
    10. Raith Kemmler
    13. Al Sipsclar
    15. Nightbringer
    16. Autolycus
    17. Cass
    18. Johnhughthom

Dead: 12/20
    11. Beskar, lynched D1, town.
    9. Csargo, killed N1, town.
    5. seireikhaan, lynched D2, mafia.
    20. Scarlett Aria, killed N2, town.
    2. GeneralHankerchief, lynched D3, third party.
    12. El Barto, killed N3, mafia.
    4. Cuthillius, killed N3, town.
    7. landlubber, poisoned N3, town.
    3. Golden1Knight, lynched D4, town.
    8. edse, killed N4, town.
    14. Winston Hughes, killed N4, town.
    19. Severing viper, lynched D5, mafia.

24 hours for night and probably a 72 hour day just to make sure everyone has time.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast