Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 584

Thread: Rise of The Snake Cult [Concluded]

  1. #91
    Member Member Scarlett Aria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    159

    Default Re: Rise of The Snake Cult [In Play]

    Unvote; Vote:El Brato

  2. #92
    Member Member Scarlett Aria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    159

    Default Re: Rise of The Snake Cult [In Play]

    So to understand some of you better. I'm going to ask 2 questions to kind of understand where you are coming from.

    1. If you are scum how would you approach a closed setup?

    2. If you are town how would you approach a closed setup?

  3. #93
    Italian stallion Member edse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,167

    Default Re: Rise of The Snake Cult [In Play]

    Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    I can't tell whether you were voting for me or not. If you were, you are a filthy Swede, if you weren't, then why are you voting for non-existent players?.
    You sure know how to insult people El Baritone. I was merely playing with your name since Scarlett misspelled it in the post before (and did again :P )

  4. #94
    Italian stallion Member edse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,167

    Default Re: Rise of The Snake Cult [In Play]

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett Aria View Post
    So to understand some of you better. I'm going to ask 2 questions to kind of understand where you are coming from.

    1. If you are scum how would you approach a closed setup?

    2. If you are town how would you approach a closed setup?
    1. I would ruthlessly spread hints around me untill I hang.

    2. Not like this, that's for sure.

  5. #95
    Ask Hooahguy (Not Here) Forum Administrator Beskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    No longer in Albion
    Posts
    15,359

    Default Re: Rise of The Snake Cult [In Play]

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett Aria View Post
    So to understand some of you better. I'm going to ask 2 questions to kind of understand where you are coming from.

    1. If you are scum how would you approach a closed setup?

    2. If you are town how would you approach a closed setup?
    What is a closed setup?
    "What makes something right or wrong?" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." # | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs." RG

  6. #96
    The .org's resident pirate Member landlubber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    420

    Default Re: Rise of The Snake Cult

    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    You've been a lot more active than in khaan's game.
    Finals are over in two days. I've come back from hell.

    Member thankful for this post:

    Csargo 


  7. #97
    Host Member Maeda Path Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Radial Snake Champion, Space Hunter Champion, Arkanoid Champion, Population Tire Champion, 3D SuperBall Champion, Simon Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Fly Sui Champion, Alien Invasion Champion, Breakout Champion Zain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Freedonia
    Posts
    2,474

    Default Re: Rise of The Snake Cult

    Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash View Post
    A poisoned Duke, and a snake styled ring have been found in the morning after the harvest festival. Something is amiss in the Court, and it must be rooted out...
    After meticulous reading and analysis of the players, the only logical hint I can afford is this snake reference. Therefore...

    Vote:Severing Viper

    Also thank Random.org

  8. #98
    Member Member SeveringViper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    179

    Default Re: Rise of The Snake Cult

    Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    What is a closed setup?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    What is a closed setup?
    A setup (like this) where there is an unknown mix of roles. That is, not a vanilla game, where it's known there's at most a cop and/or doctor, or an open/semi-open setup, where the exact roles or a list of potential roles present, respectively, are given in the opening post.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zain View Post
    After meticulous reading and analysis of the players, the only logical hint I can afford is this snake reference. Therefore...

    Vote:Severing Viper

    Also thank Random.org
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xWjTyOdFVI

    I was wondering if/when someone would pull something like this

  9. #99
    Member Member SeveringViper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    179

    Default Re: Rise of The Snake Cult

    .......Kindly pretend I didn't quote that twice.

  10. #100
    Ask Hooahguy (Not Here) Forum Administrator Beskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    No longer in Albion
    Posts
    15,359

    Default Re: Rise of The Snake Cult

    Quote Originally Posted by SeveringViper View Post
    A setup (like this) where there is an unknown mix of roles. That is, not a vanilla game, where it's known there's at most a cop and/or doctor, or an open/semi-open setup, where the exact roles or a list of potential roles present, respectively, are given in the opening post.
    Thank you, Viper. Then I will answer the questions.

    1. If you are scum how would you approach a closed setup?


    This is the easier question of the two. If it is unknown quantity, lynch it, kill it, burn it in fire. Most unknown roles are against the scum, so having a powerful individual with power is a threat and trying to 'invite them in' always turns out bad for the scum who in all essence, can hide. The town is generally disorganised and suspicious, don't need boy wonder to reveal the secrets of the universe so easily.

    2. If you are town how would you approach a closed setup?

    This is the harder one, mostly because not all power roles are your friends. There has been multiple occasions they have negatives such as being a serial killer/renegade which makes them equal to the scum on the priority lynch-list. There is also the instances of false-claims, after all, scum know who other scum are, so can feign a detective for instance, and even 3rd parties wouldn't be so quick to come forward to correct an innocent result. Generally, there is usually recognition of the role, such as a doctors actions can appear in a write up, similar to role-blocker and other roles, and it is usually handy for 'confirmed townies' roles to work together such as a doctor protecting a known role-blocker who can speak with a voice. However, this game has no out of game communication which makes liasion like this very risky, but a rule of thumb is: If the scum doesn't try to kill them, then there is a reason why if they are unknowns. Thus off to the lynch they go.

    tl;dr version of both is: Kill them unless proven otherwise, and even then they are still suspicious wildcard factor.
    Last edited by Beskar; 12-10-2015 at 18:24.
    "What makes something right or wrong?" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." # | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs." RG

  11. #101
    Member Member Cass_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    294

    Default Re: Rise of The Snake Cult

    ** Anybody know why quotes aren't getting added to my reply box? (Doesn't matter which of the quote buttons I click, nothing new is getting added).


    I didn't think Beskar was playing the 'in the dark townie thing' initially - #52 'Never heard of anti-claim mechanics other than getting night killed or lynched for claiming before' read more knowing than spacey to me, but the fact his second question was 'what's a closed setup?' (#95) pushes it a bit.

    @Beskar - how many games have you played?

    I don't see anything suspicious about Raith's speculation that players may have more mechanical knowledge.
    I like the way Raith handled Al Sipsclar's vote etc and the fact that he later prodded inactives.

    I agree with Al Sipsclar in #88 that it's better to be active and stir the pot. However, I can't tell how serious he is with his votes so far and if he's serious I'm not a fan of the votes/reasoning for votes on Raith or Edse, or the way he switched to Edse after people didn't follow him on Raith. I do recognise this could be just looking for a response.

    @Al Sipsclar - What made you lean Town on Winston in the middle of your vote on Raith in post #59 ? At that point he'd made like three posts.


    On others:
    @El Barto - Are you playing seriously yet? Literally all of your responses (#80
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    OMGUS! :P
    and #81, #84) have been tongue-in-cheek and not much else. Is that a thing for you/here on D1?

  12. #102
    Member Member Al Sipsclar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    292

    Default Re: Rise of The Snake Cult

    Vote: Cass_. You're posting, but not voting. Why?

    My leans are just my reads. More the intuition than the hard science. And this is just D1, there's nothing much to go on yet.
    Also, El Barto is always unreadable.

  13. #103
    chaos chaos chaos Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Space Rescue Champion, Graveyard Champion, Invasion 2196 Champion, Rally 2100 Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Ninja Turtles 1 Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    On a pirate ship
    Posts
    12,005

    Default Re: Rise of The Snake Cult [In Play]

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett Aria View Post
    So to understand some of you better. I'm going to ask 2 questions to kind of understand where you are coming from.

    1. If you are scum how would you approach a closed setup?

    2. If you are town how would you approach a closed setup?
    1. Exactly the same way as Scenario #2.

    2. Exactly the same way as Scenario #1.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.


  14. #104
    Member Member Al Sipsclar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    292

    Default Re: Rise of The Snake Cult [In Play]

    Does Csargo always stop posting and goes MIA when he's randed mafia?

    Anyone told Cuthillius the game has started?
    Last edited by Al Sipsclar; 12-10-2015 at 19:14.

  15. #105
    syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Duck Tracker Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Battening down hatches
    Posts
    3,034

    Default Re: Rise of The Snake Cult

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett Aria View Post
    Lol no but Monsieur visor needs to stop randing mafia in turbos.
    He's not mafia, he's third party!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett Aria View Post
    Unvote; Vote:El Brato
    I do not consider that a valid vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett Aria View Post
    So to understand some of you better. I'm going to ask 2 questions to kind of understand where you are coming from.

    1. If you are scum how would you approach a closed setup?

    2. If you are town how would you approach a closed setup?
    1: Kill the town, win.
    2: Kill the mafia, win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Sipsclar View Post
    Vote: Cass_. You're posting, but not voting. Why?

    My leans are just my reads. More the intuition than the hard science. And this is just D1, there's nothing much to go on yet.
    Also, El Barto is always unreadable.
    Whaat? I post in English using the Latin alphabet. I could be using other languages and/or alphabets at you. But, still, at least you follow reason and vote for Cass_.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

  16. #106
    Ask Hooahguy (Not Here) Forum Administrator Beskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    No longer in Albion
    Posts
    15,359

    Default Re: Rise of The Snake Cult

    Quote Originally Posted by Cass_ View Post
    I didn't think Beskar was playing the 'in the dark townie thing' initially - #52 'Never heard of anti-claim mechanics other than getting night killed or lynched for claiming before' read more knowing than spacey to me, but the fact his second question was 'what's a closed setup?' (#95) pushes it a bit.

    @Beskar - how many games have you played?
    I played regularly on the Org around.. 3 years ago? First time after a long break.

    First question is I have never had a game where someone claimed something in-game have in resulting on GM effects on their roles, which is an interesting idea but I have never experienced that in a game before so I am unfamiliar with such a set-up being used.

    Second one you pointed out, I was unfamiliar with the term "closed set-up" so I was asking for clarity if it meant "not communicating outside of thread" or simply "unknown quantity of roles" which it was clarified as. So it seems if I used my initial assumption, I would have been answering incorrectly. The latter I usually put that down as 'typical Org mafia game' as we rarely played vanilla, especially in my games.

    Eitherway, I am not clueless or intending to be as such.
    "What makes something right or wrong?" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." # | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs." RG

  17. #107
    -fzzt Member Cuthillius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    921

    Default Re: Rise of The Snake Cult [In Play]

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Sipsclar View Post
    Does Csargo always stop posting and goes MIA when he's randed mafia?

    Anyone told Cuthillius the game has started?
    Yes, but they didn't tell the internet here to stay up yesterday, unfortunately.

    Vote:El barto
    doesn't seem very good right now. Can read through in more detail at another point.

  18. #108
    Member Member Raith Kemmler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    On the other side of the Rain
    Posts
    166

    Default Re: Rise of The Snake Cult [In Play]

    Quote Originally Posted by SeveringViper View Post
    I was wondering if/when someone would pull something like this
    At least we've managed to avoid the snake puns.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett Aria View Post
    So to understand some of you better. I'm going to ask 2 questions to kind of understand where you are coming from.

    1. If you are scum how would you approach a closed setup?

    2. If you are town how would you approach a closed setup?
    Firstly, I'd ask this question before we started.

    Second, I'd wonder if the mafia is idea starved and rooting around for information with this. But that's early paranoia.

    Third, as town, I'd try to get a lot of information out there and be open to talking with the 3rd parties if possible. Don't know if they're hostile till they're hostile. Sprinkle with skepticism and an itchy lynch finger if unaccounted for kills or powers are flying around inconveniently.

    As mafia? I'd either ignore your question, or lie to you point blank about what I was really doing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightbringer View Post
    Talk is cheap, votes are not.

    vote: Raith Kemmler

    (and no, that doesn't make any sense.)
    No no no. It's day 1. Unless you're a master vote logician, day 1 votes are gibberish until you've had a few days to stew.

    Talking is great day 1. The mafia don't yet know what the town culture's gonna be like. They have to make wild predictions and then try to be consistent later. Day 1 for a mafia is great if they can slink by with nothing but a vote. Or anything at all. I don't like the OMGUS here frankly. It makes me want to poke you more later.

  19. #109
    Member Member Raith Kemmler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    On the other side of the Rain
    Posts
    166

    Default Re: Rise of The Snake Cult [In Play]

    Double posting cool here?

    Didn't see anything on the forum rules...

  20. #110
    Member Member Cass_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    294

    Default Re: Rise of The Snake Cult

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Sipsclar View Post
    Vote: Cass_. 1. You're posting, but not voting. Why?

    2. My leans are just my reads. More the intuition than the hard science. And this is just D1, there's nothing much to go on yet.
    3 Also, El Barto is always unreadable.
    Yey! quotes work! Added numbers for easy reference

    1). Because I don't feel I have enough to go on to say someone's actually scummy yet - see your own comment in 2) and add in the fact I don't know how any of you traditionally play. Communication's important to me in this game. I typically look for things that I think have potential for scummy motive, question them and wait for the responses before I cast a vote.

    Can you confirm if 2). was in response to my question about your Town read of Winston? If so, that was kind of my point - it seems weird to me to call someone Town with so little to go on ITT and I'm trying to understand if you have meta/Town tells on Winston that I wouldn't be aware of.

    3). Can you elaborate? As in he never posts anything but jokes?

  21. #111
    Ask Hooahguy (Not Here) Forum Administrator Beskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    No longer in Albion
    Posts
    15,359

    Default Re: Rise of The Snake Cult [In Play]

    Quote Originally Posted by Raith Kemmler View Post
    Double posting cool here?

    Didn't see anything on the forum rules...
    I don't mind as long as the content is different and relevant. Sometimes things are simply easier in multiple posts than in one big one.
    "What makes something right or wrong?" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." # | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs." RG

  22. #112
    Member Member Raith Kemmler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    On the other side of the Rain
    Posts
    166

    Default Re: Rise of The Snake Cult

    Quote Originally Posted by Cass_ View Post
    Because I don't feel I have enough to go on to say someone's actually scummy yet - see your own comment in 2) and add in the fact I don't know how any of you traditionally play.
    Meta's kind of a trap like that. It's too useful until you don't have it. You must have someone to settle on. Anyone. The vaguest idea? Someone you'd be at peace dying here if everyone else looked decent.

  23. #113
    syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Duck Tracker Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Battening down hatches
    Posts
    3,034

    Default Re: Rise of The Snake Cult

    Quote Originally Posted by Cuthillius View Post
    Yes, but they didn't tell the internet here to stay up yesterday, unfortunately.

    Vote:El barto
    doesn't seem very good right now. Can read through in more detail at another point.
    Why do you cast a vote that -we both agree- is not a good vote?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raith Kemmler View Post
    At least we've managed to avoid the snake puns.
    He'd managed to escape notice until you made that post. He won't wriggle out of that now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raith Kemmler View Post
    Double posting cool here?

    Didn't see anything on the forum rules...
    Within limits, yes. Making one or two long-ish posts is considered better than making six posts in a row. This forum allows and encourages multioquoting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cass_ View Post
    3). Can you elaborate? As in he never posts anything but jokes?
    I beg your pardon? My answers to ScarlettAria were 100% serious. Or maybe 99.99% serious.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

  24. #114
    -fzzt Member Cuthillius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    921

    Default Re: Rise of The Snake Cult

    Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    Why do you cast a vote that -we both agree- is not a good vote?
    Tell me more.

  25. #115
    Member Member Cass_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    294

    Default Re: Rise of The Snake Cult

    Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    1: Kill the town, win.
    2: Kill the mafia, win.

    Whaat? I post in English using the Latin alphabet. I could be using other languages and/or alphabets at you. But, still, at least you follow reason and vote for Cass_.
    These two actually made me lol.

    For now, I take it your silence indicates that your gentlemanly response to my bold question below
    Quote Originally Posted by Cass_ View Post
    @El Barto - Are you playing seriously yet? Literally all of your responses (#80
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    OMGUS! :P
    and #81, #84) have been tongue-in-cheek and not much else. Is that a thing for you/here on D1?
    is something along the lines of PAFO?

  26. #116
    syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Duck Tracker Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Battening down hatches
    Posts
    3,034

    Default Re: Rise of The Snake Cult

    Quote Originally Posted by Cuthillius View Post
    Tell me more.
    You say that it's not a good vote. I consider all votes on me to be bad votes, by definition. So, we agree that it's not a good vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cass_ View Post
    For now, I take it your silence indicates that your gentlemanly response to my bold question below
    Quote Originally Posted by Cass_ View Post
    @El Barto - Are you playing seriously yet? Literally all of your responses (#80
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    OMGUS! :P
    and #81, #84) have been tongue-in-cheek and not much else. Is that a thing for you/here on D1?
    is something along the lines of PAFO?
    I am unaware of what PAFO stands for, my fair lady.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

  27. #117
    Member Member Al Sipsclar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    292

    Default Re: Rise of The Snake Cult

    Quote Originally Posted by Cass_ View Post
    Yey! quotes work! Added numbers for easy reference

    1). Because I don't feel I have enough to go on to say someone's actually scummy yet - see your own comment in 2) and add in the fact I don't know how any of you traditionally play. Communication's important to me in this game. I typically look for things that I think have potential for scummy motive, question them and wait for the responses before I cast a vote.

    Can you confirm if 2). was in response to my question about your Town read of Winston? If so, that was kind of my point - it seems weird to me to call someone Town with so little to go on ITT and I'm trying to understand if you have meta/Town tells on Winston that I wouldn't be aware of.

    3). Can you elaborate? As in he never posts anything but jokes?
    It's day one. No one should look scummy yet. 5 bucks says that a hapless townie is going to be lynched today, and mafia don't even have to participate in the lynch. They would pull all the tricks to avoid the responsibility. They may happily vote off the wagon or for each other. But sometimes they have to move their vote to avoid being lynched on D1. So, voting early and seeing who voted who and when is important. It is your duty as a townie.

    My read on Winston is totally metagamish and not a very definitive one. I might be totally wrong. El Barto is always very entertaining, but hard to tell for me if he's scummy. The only tell I have for him is that the more active he is, the more chances are he's town.

  28. #118
    Ask Hooahguy (Not Here) Forum Administrator Beskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    No longer in Albion
    Posts
    15,359

    Default Re: Rise of The Snake Cult

    Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    I am unaware of what PAFO stands for, my fair lady.
    Me neither... but I bet they don't know Rule #1!
    "What makes something right or wrong?" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." # | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs." RG

  29. #119
    syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Duck Tracker Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Battening down hatches
    Posts
    3,034

    Default Re: Rise of The Snake Cult

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Sipsclar View Post
    My read on Winston is totally metagamish and not a very definitive one. I might be totally wrong.
    But this game you've been 100% on your guesses so far, voting me is a bad vote. What is your read on Winston, anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Sipsclar
    El Barto is always very entertaining, but hard to tell for me if he's scummy. The only tell I have for him is that the more active he is, the more chances are he's town.
    Hmmm… really.
    Some would argue the exact opposite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Me neither... but I bet they don't know Rule #1!
    I wish you had stuck with Tiaexz as a name… A couple months ago I binged through OotS' archives (exactly 100 pages a day) so now I keep calling all female orc characters Therkla and keep calling you Belkar.
    Last edited by El Barto; 12-10-2015 at 20:43.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

  30. #120
    The .org's resident pirate Member landlubber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    420

    Default Re: Rise of The Snake Cult [In Play]

    Quote Originally Posted by Raith Kemmler View Post
    I'd wonder if the mafia is idea starved and rooting around for information with this. But that's early paranoia.
    I actually had the same thought. Scarlet's question could be genuine, but it's also so broad to be essentially useless (I know of essentially no players who have any one go-to strategy).

    About the reading El Barto stuff: conventional wisdom says that El Barto plays as scum when town and as town when scum. His play right now (distracting, noticeable, sarcastic) reminds me a lot of how he approached the Red Dwarf on CFC, and he was town there. Meta isn't something I'd lean too heavily on with Barto. He breaks a lot of norms, and his strategy isn't at all consistent across multiple games.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO