Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Rise of The Snake Cult [Concluded]

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Default Re: Rise of The Snake Cult [In Play]

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett Aria View Post
    I don't think he should be lynched
    I'm beginning to like these new people from… well, wherever they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cass_ View Post
    I understand El Barto will be difficult to read, but he amuses me and I'm finding if you look carefully he is kind of making some points - and they're more observations than really driving lynches towards low hanging fruite so I'm happy to keep him around for now. I'm guessing activity/voting patterns in later days will be key to figuring him out.
    What do you mean, I amuse you? Let me understand this 'cause, I don't know, maybe it's me, I'm a little screwed up maybe, but I amuse you how? I mean, amuse you as if I were clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh... I'm here to amuse you? What do you mean amuse you, amuse you how? How do I amuse you? What is so amusing about me? Tell me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuthillius View Post
    El Barto then votes GH, for little reason again. Possibly deflecting pressure from himself. self-preservationating
    First I'll quote Mrs. Monica Bing: ‘That's not even a word!’

And second, I saved myself from nothing. But I don't like it when people dare me to vote them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden1Knight View Post
    Vote: Al Sipsclar

Raith seems a bit suspicious too.
    Because…?
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Member thankful for this post:

Visor 

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seireikhaan View Post
    You can put those words wherever you want, love.
    And you voted me (always a bad thing to do) for voting him…?
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.

Noted

Surprised you haven't guessed yet. ;)

Alette? Lissa?

Have I played with you before? How many times?

Unvote; Vote:Al Sips until I figure out why Golden voted for him. It kind of pinged to me his vote.

Alette? Lissa?

Have I played with you before? How many times?
    It's me Alette. Hi!

Unvote; Vote:Al Sips until I figure out why Golden voted for him. It kind of pinged to me his vote.
    You vote for someone to follow someone else who doesn't explain their vote? Am I reading this right?

Wait. You're voting Al Sips because you're confused about why Golden was voting for him? If Golden's vote pinged you, why wouldn't you vote for him instead rather than for the person who made the pingy vote at Sips?
    It's me Alette. Hi!
    Ah, cool. Hi!

Wait. You're voting Al Sips because you're confused about why Golden was voting for him? If Golden's vote pinged you, why wouldn't you vote for him instead rather than for the person who made the pingy vote at Sips?

Ah, cool. Hi!
    No I voted him for his under the radar play and the fact that it seems like he knows more. Golden voting him for no specific reason is suspicious right?

No I voted him for his under the radar play and the fact that it seems like he knows more. Golden voting him for no specific reason is suspicious right?
    So you're saying he's suspicious, thus your vote, and that his being town would make you scumread Golden?

So you're saying he's suspicious, thus your vote, and that his being town would make you scumread Golden?
    I'm thinking what if the recent votes on him that weren't the people who were hounding him for suspicious comments are scum waiting for a mislynch?
    Last edited by Scarlett Aria; 12-13-2015 at 02:36.

I made an edit.

You can put those words wherever you want, love.
    Who are you suspicious of?

@El Barto @GeneralHankerchief What are your thoughts on us newer players?

I did not expect that my vote would cause such a reaction!

First, it is a habit of mine to vote without explaining. It may be a negligence but has worked so far :P

My vote was guided by the posts made on the thread, and I did not vote in Raith because GH's explanation seemed plausible (regarding day's lynch vote).

First, it is a habit of mine to vote without explaining. It may be a negligence but has worked so far :P

My vote was guided by the posts made on the thread, and I did not vote in Raith because GH's explanation seemed plausible (regarding day's lynch vote).
    Please provide reasoning. If nothing else, you're going to be spared some mislynches as town.

I'm thinking what if the recent votes on him that weren't the people who were hounding him for suspicious comments are scum waiting for a mislynch?
    Of course we look at the wagon if he's town.

I'm just waiting for @Al Sipsclar to come and defend himself or present another alternative.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In all honestly, blending together at the moment for me. I'm going to need more time to get individual reads.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

That's the same thing I said.
    Ye-eh… FFos:ScarlettAria
    >EB: ask for time to commingle with GH
    Our thoughts? Could you give me time to engage in mental communion with GH? I think I have some Elf Tears left and, thankfully, I can use my STILL to brew some CHIPOTLE ALCOHOL to do that.

>Next
    EB uses the STILL to produce some CHIPOTLE ALCOHOL.
    EB Communes with GH…

>EB: Poke GH so that he starts commingling aleready…

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    And you voted me (always a bad thing to do) for voting him…?
    Yeah, that sounds about right.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Member thankful for this post:

Csargo 

With the entire day falling on the weekend, I expect to see low activity. :( Catching up...

Vote: Al Sipsclair His posts seem tmi upon reading the thread.
    By applying edse's argument ("He Who Smelt It Dealt It"), those who claim seeing tmi must themselves have tmi. However, I think we just discredited that argument (which can be applied recursively), and instead I see some healthy paranoia. :)

The thing that makes me think he is scum is his under the radar type play D1. It has a different tone then the others. The Csargo kill could possibly be someone who thinks he has good reads on this roster? Not sure because this is my first game.
    Kill speculation doesn't usually bear fruit in my experience. Especially in a closed set up. Maybe he looked like a Detective playing it low? Maybe not, but's it's tricky to figure out why mafia do things. If you've got a great explanation that helps frame someone's role, that's good, but just wondering is usually a mindless spiral. The mafia could have literally rolled the dice for all we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Zain View Post
    That being said, inactivity is both scummy and intriguing, therefore for the time being...

Vote: Nightbringer
    I support this.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    But by that time he's usually picked up a grudge against at least one other player in the game and will have tunnel vision on them, so who knows.
    Note to self: Do not insult Khaan.

What do you mean, I amuse you? Let me understand this 'cause, I don't know, maybe it's me, I'm a little screwed up maybe, but I amuse you how? I mean, amuse you as if I were clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh... I'm here to amuse you? What do you mean amuse you, amuse you how? How do I amuse you? What is so amusing about me? Tell me.
    You don't look like a pigeon.

First, you popped in an out without much explanation. Second, you popped in when I prodded yesterday, but it wasn't anything besides a vote. Now you've posted, but it just looks like an echo of other sentiments. It's not a lot to latch onto.

That's the same thing I said.
    Ye-eh… FFos:ScarlettAria
    I think Scarlett is still confused about how vote changing works.

Self demonstration: removing my vote from Cuthalious

Unvote

Default Re: Rise of The Snake Cult

I don't disagree with the top stuff. But I do find it strange that with all the talk of the importance of voting, your vote remains on me. Why? You put it there after I highlighted your voting anyone who FoS'd you and you haven't taken it off even though I think I've done a good job of explaining my thought process and my concerns. The vote on Raith could have been Towny pressure to reaction fish, but the vote on Edse and I just feel too opportunistic/OMGUS.
    My vote remained on you because you still didn't vote. I believe it's extremely unhelpful to town to hold votes until the very end. I actually care less about what people say to explain their thought process, because this is the game of deception and backstabbing. Their actions (votes and night actions) are more important to me.

I also don't hesitate to OMGUS anyone who I disagree with, or to make a point. I was making a point to edse that his argument equally applied back to him.

Cuthillius: Is Scarlett normally a gimmick type player?

Yeah, that sounds about right.
    So you're admitting to being Mafia partners wih him, then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Sipsclar View Post
    With the entire day falling on the weekend, I expect to see low activity.
    As if we had lives to begin with!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raith Kemmler View Post
    Kill speculation doesn't usually bear fruit in my experience. Especially in a closed set up. Maybe he looked like a Detective playing it low? Maybe not, but's it's tricky to figure out why mafia do things. If you've got a great explanation that helps frame someone's role, that's good, but just wondering is usually a mindless spiral. The mafia could have literally rolled the dice for all we know.
    In this place, mafia do roll the dice for their kills in the beginning, but then people roll dice for their D1 vote and N1 actions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raith Kemmler
    I support this.
    And why don't you vote for Nightbringer then?
    Note to self: Do not insult Khaan.
    Or vote for him. Or suggest his votes are unfounded. Or say that his former username was better. Or… well, just to play safe, play on another server and use TOR to connect.
    You don't look like a pigeon.

I think Scarlett is still confused about how vote changing works.

Self demonstration: removing my vote from Cuthalious

Unvote
    What?
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Sipsclar View Post
    My vote remained on you because you still didn't vote. I believe it's extremely unhelpful to town to hold votes until the very end. I actually care less about what people say to explain their thought process, because this is the game of deception and backstabbing. Their actions (votes and night actions) are more important to me.

I also don't hesitate to OMGUS anyone who I disagree with, or to make a point. I was making a point to edse that his argument equally applied back to him.
    Actually, OMGUS is voting for someone who has voted you…

Quote Originally Posted by Raith Kemmler View Post
    Cuthillius: Is Scarlett normally a gimmick type player?
    Meh. She's normally a pretty solid reasonable town. Not particularly unusual in any way. Good player, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash View Post
    Okay, Beskar reached three before GH and Al Sips, so he is lynched.

(GH reached 3 first, then Beskar, then GH went to 4, then back down to 3, so therefore Beskar was lynched over GH.
    I'm actually a bit confused on how the lynch resolved. GH reached 3 first and stayed at 3 or above, so I'd expect him to hang. But I see where Visor is coming from, that the last time the vote tied, Beskar was at 3, but GH just transitioned from 4 to 3.

Because the situation was that indecisive, I tend to believe that scum had no hand in this. If anything, I'd worry more about landlubber's first vote on Beskar, than about GH's self-preservation vote. What saved GH was actually El Barto voting for him, then khaan unvoting him. The net result was rather unexpected, so I don't believe it was planned.

To me, it seems like he's moving his vote around a little too much compared to the number of posts he's making and what he's saying. First he makes a sort of jokey vote, than he OMGUS's, then votes Cass because she hasn't voted enough. I just don't really see much mental transition between these and it kinda feels like he doesn't care much if any of them die.

Vote:Al Sipsclar
    That's correct, I don't care much if any of them die. Why should I if I don't believe they are helping town? We are lynching someone here every day.

This whole post gives me heebie jeebies.

*Hands over 5 bucks* :/

What do you make of who voted who and when?
    Not much, unfortunately, that was pretty random. Your wagon on me was rather admirable, though. :)

Maybe I should vote for Cass_ again…

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast