Thread: My launcher keeps crashing

Default My launcher keeps crashing

I am talking about the one that comes up once you select play from the Steam Library. I can still play the game by just clicking play as soon as the launcher shows up but I can't do anything like changing the mods I am playing with because of this.

Does anyone know what to do about this?

-E- Nevermind, I used Google. In case anyone ever has an issue like this, download and run the latest Mod Manager and convert anything .movie to a mod file.
    Stuff works again afterwards.
    Last edited by Sp4; 12-10-2015 at 05:02.

Dyslexic agnostic insomniac Senior Member Goofball's Avatar

Default Re: My launcher keeps crashing

Ok, now I'm confused as heck. I thought we weren't supposed to use the mod manager anymore because Steam has its own mod manager in its startup screen?
    "What, have Canadians run out of guns to steal from other Canadians and now need to piss all over our glee?"

- TSM

Default Re: My launcher keeps crashing

I've never used the mod manager before and always just used the one the game "came with" (ever since R2, I thinkl, S2 has one as well but it seems a lot less functional).

Either way, the mod manager everyone always keeps talking about has a feature which lets you convert mods that are saved as .movie files to .mod files. The difference is that .movie files will always be loaded first while a .mod file takes its load queue order from the mod manager. Don't ask me how or why that fixed my issue but it did, so I don't really care :D

I have since uninstalled mod manager again.