Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mansion II [on hiatus]

Default Re: The Mansion II

*dons smoking jacket*

Blog Entries

In.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Sure, I'll play
    My game on Civfanatics could use a few more!: MNOTW XVII: The Cursed Blade!

Host Member Maeda Path Champion, Arkanoid Champion, 3D SuperBall Champion, Simon Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Breakout Champion Zain's Avatar

We have hit that lucky 13 mark, still a few days left until closing and roles assigned. Hoping for 25 still but happy with our numbers. Bring your friends on if you have any that may be interested, this is a great setup for a large crowd.

Alright. Excited.

I am ready and completely focused. Except New Year's. I will not be focused on New Year's.

<Insert Joke Here> Member Choxorn's Avatar

I'm In.

Master of useless knowledge Senior Member Kitten Shooting Champion, Eskiv Champion Ironside's Avatar

Time to join the mansionfodder. In.
    We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled. But how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any particular time, or even all the time? Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?

Project PYRRHO, Specimen 46, Vat 7
    Activity Recorded M.Y. 2302.22467
    TERMINATION OF SPECIMEN ADVISED

Host Member Maeda Path Champion, Arkanoid Champion, 3D SuperBall Champion, Simon Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Breakout Champion Zain's Avatar

15 contenders! 2 days left until liftoff!

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Liftoff? So we're playing The Mansion in space?
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

I've seen stranger scenarios in that Haunted House game from Avalon.

(Sign-ups Closed!)
    Role PMs coming soon!

Good luck
    Last edited by Zain; 12-28-2015 at 01:41.

Role PMs have been sent out!!! Discussion Phase 1 has begun and will end at...
    Tuesday at 23:59 GMT

Please discuss your plans, or lack-thereof.

OOC: Do we get any more writeup describing initial conditions?

Players do have responsibilities however, such as keeping yourself alive by eating and sleeping. The details will be covered in your Role PM.
    My PM contained no such details.

I have no idea what's going on, and I don't have any special skills outside of middle-management.

Elect: Montmorency
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    OOC: Do we get any more writeup describing initial conditions?

My PM contained no such details.

I have no idea what's going on, and I don't have any special skills outside of middle-management.

Elect: Montmorency
    Thank you for the reminder, game mechanics PM on the way.

My name is Corey. Dunno if we're sharing our occupations, I set up workshops and education strategies for your children's learning.

I would therefor, be neck and neck with the priest and motivational speaker for first person thrown out of the basket in the 'hot air balloon in the wilderness' thought experiment. (or whatever the survival prioritization by occupation is called now)

Editting: I do have Speech as a skill. Maybe I can talk the monsters to death?
    Last edited by Raith Kemmler; 12-28-2015 at 04:58.

For the sake of actions, we (besides establishing skill sets and special buffs/debuffs) need to search every nook and cranny of the room we are in.

Plausible categories: Furniture; Light Sources; Food; Weapons; Books; Utilities; Entrances (i.e. doors and windows)

Next, we set out divided into two or three groups to get a similar picture of the nearest partitions. After two complete rounds of Discussion/Action, we should at least have some idea of where food supplies are or might be, and where the best places to sleep are. Eventually, we would need to set up a rotation so people can get rest after participating in group actions to explore more-distant parts of the building.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Senior Member Senior Member Jarema's Avatar

I think first thing to do is to look around and get hint of what the room we are in looks like. I also think that the best think to be searched (of course not counting kitchen) would be inside furnitures of desk kind, or behind pictures hanging on the walls

Senior Member Senior Member Jarema's Avatar

by the way, my name is Jack Foster and I am digital imaging technician.

Welcome, guys

My name is Charlie Wallace, I am an architect and strong. If you want to stay alive, get me a hammer or something like that and I'll smash any monsters on our way :P

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

Hi everyone, I'm Lola Richards (my friends call me Myrddraal for short). I'm an office machine operator, so if we find any photocopiers...
    or perhaps a fax machine? I would know how to send a fax.

I also get weird deja vu sometimes. Like I feel I've been here before (i.e. I've read the Mansion I).

I've got this weird feeling that I've been injected with some kind of horrible virus. I'm definitely going to check myself for needle marks...

Also, last time (I mean, in my deja vu) there was almost a period of grace during which the horrible monsters out there were more passive. If that's the case this time, we should take advantage of it. Don't anger any creatures out there, if we encounter anything, just leave the room asap and get out of the way. We should also probably try to use any slow startup period to get to key locations.

There's no map is there? Will we get one as we explore new rooms?

If there's a garden / garden shed, we should try to reach it (I'm thinking of power tools).

Lieutentant-General The Right Honourable Sir Donald Smoking-Jacket reporting for duty.

Did somebody mention billiards?

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well I say - hilleaoh, one is Leo Webb, and one is ah gentlemans Loan Consultant. One is guessing one is here because one of you, one's old bean, fancy to buy this property and one came to assess if one will mustah ah return for the investment. it seems that at the moment, unless things change, there will be noh return.
    Last edited by Beskar; 12-28-2015 at 17:49.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Master of useless knowledge Senior Member Kitten Shooting Champion, Eskiv Champion Ironside's Avatar

Hi, I'm Kyle Bevan and is good at controlling and installing valves.

And every combat mech we encounter is totally mine. I'll be satisfied with a tool mech a la Alien 2 as well.

Best skill evar.

It is possible that it's a short form for mechanic.
    We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled. But how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any particular time, or even all the time? Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?

Project PYRRHO, Specimen 46, Vat 7
    Activity Recorded M.Y. 2302.22467
    TERMINATION OF SPECIMEN ADVISED

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Well I say - hilleaoh, one is Leo Webb, and one is ah rich mans Loan Consultant. One is guessing one is here because one of you, one's old bean, fancy to buy this property and one came to assess if one will mustah ah return for the investment. it seems that at the moment, unless things change, there will be noh return.
    I'm terribly sorry, but I don't speak middle-class. Can anyone translate?

Quote Originally Posted by Zain View Post
    Within reason, anything can happen in this game. There are almost boundless possibilities.
    Hmm... Having read this, my ultimate goal here is to transform myself into a monster truck. Or a T-Rex. Or a monster truck riding a T-Rex.

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hi, I'm Leon Cartwright, and I'm an alcoholic a paratransit driver.

Anyways, I am curious as to what lay beyond this study. I am willing to head an exploratory committee to venturing out. That is to say, I am venturing out and if anyone wishes to follow, they may do so
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrddraal View Post
    I also get weird deja vu sometimes. Like I feel I've been here before (i.e. I've read the Mansion I).

Glad you read it! Good idea

Yes, as you explore, the "fog of war" will be removed from the map. I have yet to upload the initial map since all you have is the Study.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Hughes View Post
    I'm terribly sorry, but I don't speak middle-class. Can anyone translate?
    You, one's old bean, should be able to speak it, especially as it looks like ah weasel has crawled upohn your uppah lip and died. Jolly good.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    You, one's old bean, should be able to speak it, especially as it looks like ah weasel has crawled upohn your uppah lip and died. Jolly good.
    Oh dear. I think I'm beginning to understand...

Oxford man, are you?

My condolences.

*shakes head in disgust*

Quote Originally Posted by seireikhaan View Post
    Anyways, I am curious as to what lay beyond this study. I am willing to head an exploratory committee to venturing out. That is to say, I am venturing out and if anyone wishes to follow, they may do so
    I am feeling a trifle peckish. Perhaps a sortie to the kitchens is in order. And the wine cellar, obviously.

Of course, I couldn't possibly venture below stairs myself. But if you'd be good enough to fetch a bottle of Chateau Lafite and some fois gras, caviar, truffles and such, that would certainly prove satisfactory.
    Last edited by Winston Hughes; 12-28-2015 at 19:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrddraal View Post

I've got this weird feeling that I've been injected with some kind of horrible virus. I'm definitely going to check myself for needle marks...

Also, last time (I mean, in my deja vu) there was almost a period of grace during which the horrible monsters out there were more passive. If that's the case this time, we should take advantage of it. Don't anger any creatures out there, if we encounter anything, just leave the room asap and get out of the way. We should also probably try to use any slow startup period to get to key locations.

If there's a garden / garden shed, we should try to reach it (I'm thinking of power tools).
    Don't put a lot of stock in past experience with showman. You should check yourself, maybe another, but we probably aren't seeing much repeats on that front I'd wager.

Quote Originally Posted by seireikhaan View Post
    Hi, I'm Leon Cartwright, and I'm an alcoholic a paratransit driver.

I'll come. Maybe two teams of 5 to split up, pending on layout, and the remainder check out the study we're in?

We should check for secret passages too. The door being barred might be lulling us into thinking this room is safe.

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

So... is there anything to indicate if this study is on the first or ground floor?

If my deja vu serves me right, the study in the last mansion contained clues as to a mad professor's plan to infect the world. I suggest that somebody have a thorough search of this room, then get some sleep. (We need to make sure we stagger our sleeping so that we don't all keel over with exhaustion at the same time).

Any volunteers?

Khaan, I'm keen to come with you exploring. I suggest we should submit orders to look out for anything that might indicate the way to a kitchen or to the garden. Depending on which we find, we could get food or power tools

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast