Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829

Thread: Mafia v. Cult [Concluded]

Default Re: Mafia v. Cult [In Play]

thanks for hosting

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post

3/4 based purely on mid-game scum-hunting, no revealed mafiosi, no detective results, and a vanilla townie role.

Pretty safe to say I am a boss. I even called Pelican as being cult not mafia, and was the only cultist remaining in play at the time.

This post would have won the game for town. My mislynch target (Cuth) occurred at the end of 3 non-town recommended lynches.
    I was quite frankly astonished. This was my second scum game ever, and I didn't have high expectations about my play, but I didn't expect it to be that transparent either!

GG everyone!

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Cult actions always preceded the mafia's… then again, the Doctor protected against both the mafia's and the cult's actions. Somehow Cuth managed to get himself lynched.

Yes, cult were intended to be more powerful than they usually are. They weren't unrestricted, though, as there were two people they couldn't convert besides the doctor.
    There was a backup for the doctor (GH), but he was killed.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Believe it or not, this was only my second worst game recently.

Guys. Don't lynch someone for unclaiming doc. -.-

Good game, thanks for hosting!

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthillius View Post
    Guys. Don't lynch someone for unclaiming doc. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    I understand it may not have been the wisest thing to do, but the game was lurking and I was at an impasse. It was a means of generating discussion, and then a means of possibly avoiding the NK. I didn't realize it wasn't obvious.

Thansk for hosting Takhisis! I had a lot of fun playing.

As others have said before, i do believe the cult was overpowered.
    Also, i think having replacements very late in the game is difficult to play with as there is very little to read on them. Perhaps it is just my personal opinion.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

If there hadn't been any replacements then I'd've run out of townies.

Yes, the cult was slightly overpowered. It was on purpose. Usually I've seen cults floundering about, but that might be because most people haven't often played as Cult and don't know how to.
    Also, I had a couple more roles planned that I couldn't include because of insufficient signups. I had to downsize as best I could.
    (for next time, if you're all willing to play another mafia v. Cult game, there'd be a quite different Cult mechanic. It might be… fun.)
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Sure. I would sign up for that.

Good game by plenty of the townsfolk (ATPG in particular) and Raith and Choxorn for surviving till the end to tie it.

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829