Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia v. Cult [Concluded]

Default Re: Mafia v. Cult [In Play] [PIRATE]

Vote:Choxorn

You're probably not serious, but regardless.

If he's lying, this is an across-the-board lie that will damage his reputation forever. I now count four separate mods vouching for him, plus it being stated in the Sasaki thread. If he wants to win like this, let him.

Senior Member Senior Member Jarema's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    Why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash View Post
    You suggesting that people who voted for innocents D1 tend to be mafia more often than not?

I would generally subscribe to something similar, but moreso that someone voting mafia d1 tends not to be mafia.

Distancing D1 is a terrible play on the Org thanks to how low content and the fact that the lynch is almost completely random.

This is in fact the main reason behind my vote. I looked at list of players who lynched Scarlet and chosen one of them, who I feeled was most scummy. I dont know what else I could base my vote on right now

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    If he's lying, this is an across-the-board lie that will damage his reputation forever. I now count four separate mods vouching for him, plus it being stated in the Sasaki thread. If he wants to win like this, let him.
    I honestly totaly dont understand what you mean and who are you talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Jarema View Post
    I honestly totaly dont understand what you mean and who are you talking about
    Its a quote from GH from another game called The Settlement according to google.

I don't even know what to do with this game, but seeing as it's mafia vs cult I'm probably going to have to reevalute every read on every new day anyway, so it feels more like a YOLO game. At least until we get down to the last few players.

Vote: Zack

Get back in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I don't even know what to do with this game, but seeing as it's mafia vs cult I'm probably going to have to reevalute every read on every new day anyway, so it feels more like a YOLO game. At least until we get down to the last few players.
    have you've been already recruited?
    :lol:

Hmmm....I'm actually not a fan of the fact that Zack is still quoting old games. It was a fun gag on day one, but I thin we ought to dig into the game a little more now, and that stuff is more confusing and filler-y than it's worth.

Carthago Delenda Est

Quote Originally Posted by Jarema View Post
    have you've been already recruited?
    :lol:
    Nope. Have you?

still waiting

Vote: Jarema

They will not have you :P

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    Deceased. Don't you ever use wikipedia?
    I like it. Gives an old timey died in war vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelican View Post
    Hmmm....I'm actually not a fan of the fact that Zack is still quoting old games. It was a fun gag on day one, but I thin we ought to dig into the game a little more now, and that stuff is more confusing and filler-y than it's worth.

I didn't like it when it was day 1 since I couldn't understand half of it. Unless there's some kind of code here, it's just filler nonsense.

Vote:Zack

Sorry to disappoint, but I am townier than Mayor Meuilleur.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raith Kemmler View Post
    I didn't like it when it was day 1 since I couldn't understand half of it. Unless there's some kind of code here, it's just filler nonsense.
    Is posting filler nonsense more likely to come from scum?
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Then care to present a read, a case, etc...yada yada yada (excuse my cynicism towards this kind of prompting, I find it a bit tedious but necessary in some cases, such as today, when things are moving at a glacial pace)

Is posting filler nonsense more likely to come from scum?
    I'd say it's null, but it's a better thing to post for scum then town, since scum has more reasons to keep up appearances of activity without posting any real content, and endearing themselves to the good humor of their fellow players. I disregard it on day one, and usually in subsequent days unless I have significant other evidence to go with it, since that kind of stuff can also be posted by anyone in the spirit of camaraderie and fun, but it's a starting point at least.
    Carthago Delenda Est

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Unvote: Golden
    Vote: Al Sips
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

I already did make a case, but everyone assumed it was a joke and disregarded it. Logically, it makes more sense to go after the cult first and then deal with the mafia afterwards, yet ATPG clearly showed more concern about the mafia, because he's the cult leader.

Vote: Askthepizzaguy

Get back in here.
    Also I'd like to point out the absurdity of the "get back in here" request, considering it was posted at approximately 7am in my timezone. Given my age, status, and schedule, 7am is essentially the middle of the night for me, or at least the midpoint of my normal sleeping hours.

And of course everyone knows my sleeping habits, yet sooh still said that anyways.

I say that jokingly, but someone did actually use hypothesized sleeping hours for me in a case they made, once upon a time. I was town in that game fwiw.

Someone else talk! I see that little green symbol, General Mafiachief, you aren't fooling me.

I vaguely remember someone saying this some time ago.

ATPG not showing up is minorly troublesome, but probably because he randed town IMO.

Once upon a time, there was a town named Town. Some of the members of this town were members of a secret criminal organization. Most people were not.

One day, there were orders from the head honcho of said criminal organization: eliminate everybody in the town.

The question on their lips was: Why? The town was pretty much idyllic. There was a lake, it was moderately close to the beach, moderately close to the mountains, had a temperate climate, and had a low crime rate, high educational opportunities, and even had a thriving economy. Its chief export was vanilla; its chief import was chocolate.

But, like good mafiosos, they struck, quickly and silently. Due to bureaucratic limitations, however, they could only kill one person per night. So they killed Mayor Meuilleur.

Upon the discovery of the corpse, the townspeople suddenly knew what to do: about 20 of them would decide the fate of the rest of the town. They would do this by holding special votes and lynching people once per day until the mafiosos were dead. It had worked before (actually this had never been tried).

That being decided, the townspeople went to sleep, some for the last time...

(It's the classic background story for older CFC clue games.)

Unvote: Golden
    Vote: Al Sips
    ?

I already did make a case, but everyone assumed it was a joke and disregarded it. Logically, it makes more sense to go after the cult first and then deal with the mafia afterwards, yet ATPG clearly showed more concern about the mafia, because he's the cult leader.

But how is someone supposed to distinguish between cult and mafia among their scum reads? Don't both just end up looking like scum in thread? So how do you prioritize hunting one over the other? So isn't concern about the mafia just a natural part of scumhunting? Also, will all of my sentences be in the form of questions from now on? Why can't I stop? OH GOD WHY CAN'T I STOP!?
    Carthago Delenda Est

Well, since you're defending him so vehemently and going after me equally vehemently, I vehemently suggest you're his first cult minion.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Vote:ATPG

I believe in you! Go get'em champ.
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

The .org's resident pirate Member landlubber's Avatar

I really don't think Zack is mafia.

vote:ATPG for counterwagon.

<Insert Joke Here> Member Choxorn's Avatar

Can we get a tally?

Zack - too many
    ATPG - not enough

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast