Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Remain or leave:UK referendum

Default Re: Remain or leave:UK referendum

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    Do you still have intercourse with your sterring wheel or are you done yet? Doing a google search to read up on how equal is not equal to equal would do wonders for your reading comprehension. And why is the king inferior to you? Do you think it is correct to keep the king around as an inferior or are you just a sadist and like that? You're not disputing any lies, you do not even respond to what I say, you just keep repeating the same things over and over, which have nothing to do with what I said (i.e. trolling). I already said this discussion is pointless but apparently you want to keep it going and I am happy to do so, hard to say no when children have a wish.

To show how well you read what I say:

Do you like to argue against windmills?
    -snip-

He did not make the negotiations possible in the first place either. I don't understand why you refuse to back up the statements that you make, but I do understand why you have to keep moving the goalposts. Did your parents not raise you right?
    Last edited by Hooahguy; 03-15-2016 at 22:20. Reason: Edited for language

-snip-

Quote Originally Posted by Snowhobbit View Post
    He did not make the negotiations possible in the first place either. I don't understand why you refuse to back up the statements that you make, but I do understand why you have to keep moving the goalposts. Did your parents not raise you right?
    I did back up the statement, see the article. Sending the king to Thailand made it possible to send the businessmen onto the trip as well and get them access to the government of Thailand. That's not a lie, that's what the article says. You have not brought up a single point against that. As for moving the goalposts, this was about men being born equal, now you are only talking about the Swedish king and his power to negotiate, who is moving goalposts?

Did your parents not raise you right?
    Explain how this relates to the topic, please?
    Last edited by Hooahguy; 03-15-2016 at 22:21. Reason: Edited for language

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

I did back up the statement, see the article. Sending the king to Thailand made it possible to send the businessmen onto the trip as well and get them access to the government of Thailand. That's not a lie, that's what the article says. You have not brought up a single point against that. As for moving the goalposts, this was about men being born equal, now you are only talking about the Swedish king and his power to negotiate, who is moving goalposts?

Explain how this relates to the topic, please?
    -snip-

No, your quote does not prove your assertion. Do German businessmen only travel abroad when their King goes with them? Then how do you export anything at all? Do you have a secret king hidden in a closet?
    Last edited by Hooahguy; 03-15-2016 at 22:32. Reason: Edited for language

As for the English philosophical view, which I was talking about:

http://www.studentpulse.com/articles...-on-government

Locke believed, contrary to claims that God had “made all people naturally subject to a monarch”, that people are “by nature free.”(Tuckness). This belief was the foundation of his philosophy on Government. To Locke, a Government existed, among other things, to promote public good, and to protect the life, liberty, and property of its people. For this reason, those who govern must be elected by the society, and the society must hold the power to instate a new Government when necessary.
    Which is pretty much what I described earlier. The medieval belief was that god selected someone as king, who was inherently better and meant to rule the others. The underlying idea of "all men are created equal" was that, as Locke said, a king and a peasant are equal by nature and noone is inherently destined by a higher power to rule others as a birthright.

To claim that the philosophy is useless because some are born richer or poorer misses the fundamental point and the historic context. It's not wrong, it's just a different topic. It should also become clear that having a monarch as part of the government who is not elected by the people means that this idea was not fully realized in said country. Whether that is a good or a bad thing may also be up for debate.
    Last edited by Husar; 03-15-2016 at 19:05.

BrownWings: AirViceMarshall Senior Member Furunculus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    I have to laugh at what cropped up yesterday...

Jeremy Clarkson, the poster boy of the right, who many right-wing forumer goers defended when he punched a producer because he feels deserves a hot meal to be waiting for him, his overuse of racial statements and language being proof of his bravery against political correctness, and the bulwark against the (supposed) evil left-winger BBC. InsaneApache and PVC waiting in line for his autograph like fangirls.

Well, it turns out he is in favour of staying within the EU, not only that, he is a full-on federalist who believes in the creation of the "United States of Europe".

Source

What makes it even more amusing is the response of his right-wing fans.
    i like him because i believe it is a self-evident good that bbc employees are exposed to him in the the otherwise rarefied atmosphere they breath on a daily basis, but i'm quite happy to accept that he is a fallible human being and capable of being plain wrong. just like the rest of us.
    Last edited by Furunculus; 03-15-2016 at 20:15.
    Furunculus Maneuver: Adopt a highly logical position on a controversial subject where you cannot disagree with the merits of the proposal, only disagree with an opinion based on fundamental values. - Beskar

Quote Originally Posted by Furunculus View Post
    i like him because i believe it is a self-evident good that bbc employees are exposed to him in the the otherwise rarefied atmosphere they breath on a daily basis, but i'm quite happy to accept that he is a fallible human being and capable of being plain wrong. just like the rest of us.
    Jeresy!

Completely unacceptable language for the Backroom
    Last edited by Hooahguy; 03-15-2016 at 23:53.

Completely unacceptable language for the Backroom

Last edited by Hooahguy; 03-15-2016 at 22:37.

As for the English philosophical view, which I was talking about:

http://www.studentpulse.com/articles...-on-government

Which is pretty much what I described earlier. The medieval belief was that god selected someone as king, who was inherently better and meant to rule the others. The underlying idea of "all men are created equal" was that, as Locke said, a king and a peasant are equal by nature and noone is inherently destined by a higher power to rule others as a birthright.

To claim that the philosophy is useless because some are born richer or poorer misses the fundamental point and the historic context. It's not wrong, it's just a different topic. It should also become clear that having a monarch as part of the government who is not elected by the people means that this idea was not fully realized in said country. Whether that is a good or a bad thing may also be up for debate.
    A philosophy is useless when it cannot be applied or used in a way to better understand reality or potential reality.
    People in China are inherently less free than people in the Western world today. People in Turkey do not enjoy the same right to free-speech etc. Heck I'm pretty sure people in the US have a higher right to free speech than in Germany (because Nazies), meanwhile respect of privacy is probably larger in Germany than in the US. People are not born with the same freedoms, and the notion of inalienable rights is ludicrous. Rights need to be protected and safeguarded, either by a benevolent government or a determined people.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Ok everyone, unless people can start acting in a civil manner I will have to shut this thread down for a bit to let people cool off. So please refrain from personal attacks like calling people trolls or wife-beaters and other things that have no place here.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    I have to laugh at what cropped up yesterday...

Jeremy Clarkson, the poster boy of the right, who many right-wing forumer goers defended when he punched a producer because he feels deserves a hot meal to be waiting for him, his overuse of racial statements and language being proof of his bravery against political correctness, and the bulwark against the (supposed) evil left-winger BBC. InsaneApache and PVC waiting in line for his autograph like fangirls.

Well, it turns out he is in favour of staying within the EU, not only that, he is a full-on federalist who believes in the creation of the "United States of Europe".

Source

What makes it even more amusing is the response of his right-wing fans.
    You forgot the bit where he reported himself whilst the producer he punched tried to cover it up, also his cancer scare.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Philippus Flavius Homovallumus View Post
    You forgot the bit where he reported himself whilst the producer he punched tried to cover it up, also his cancer scare.
    I wasn't aware of the first part. I thought the producer didn't press charges, and Jeremy only reported himself after word about it was already in the media to save face. If you are correct, I will give him credit for his accountability.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

It's been a while since I joined the backroom, when did insults replace arguments?
    Since you start talking about people hitting their wives and having a terrible education or does that not count because you're special?
    No, it was since someone decided to judge the soundness of opinions on the basis of people's origin/nationality/citizenship. Thus, a couple of weeks before the wife beating babble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
    The article exists for a reason yes, I did not write it...

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrandir View Post
    No, it was since someone decided to judge the soundness of opinions on the basis of people's origin/nationality/citizenship. Thus, a couple of weeks before the wife beating babble.
    Oh, not before some people decide to be rape-apologists then? Cool.

Oh, not before some people decide to be rape-apologists then? Cool.
    As your manner of debate shows, it is just enough to disagree with you to cause vitriol spouting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
    The article exists for a reason yes, I did not write it...

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrandir View Post
    As your manner of debate shows, it is just enough to disagree with you to cause vitriol spouting.
    Yep, responding tit for tat to people who are apologists for rape is horrible. How ever do you manage to return to the forum?

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Since we cannot seem to act like adults here, I am locking this until further notice. Next time this happens I will start handing out infraction points to all offending parties.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112