Thread: Oculus Rift: Did anyone preorder?

Default Oculus Rift: Did anyone preorder?

Oculus Rift of course...
    I was waiting for the timer to get to 0, credit card in hand and then I saw the 599 USD price tag.
    Way too rich for me ATM. Too much even if I managed to avoid the shipping and the taxes and the import duty by asking a friend in the US to get it for me.

Canadians seem to be getting it for around 1000 CAD all included and it's no better in Europe.
    Talk about niche technology.

My only hope is that Vive might be similarly priced by will include the handheld motion controllers in the package. Then it might be worth considering.

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: So did anyone preorder?

The problem is only 7% of computers can handle VR. So no big rush here unless I was going to spend more than that on a gaming machine.
    Last edited by Beskar; 01-08-2016 at 01:03.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Blog Entries

Yeah, my computer's on it's way to being obsolete and I dont really see the point in 3d anyway.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

I guess I'm sort of interested, but the price is too high and I'm not convinced enough that the 1st generation hardware is ready for prime time, and I know for fact game developers have not done much yet to make games specifically tailored to this technology.

I'd honestly be surprised if this really works 3-5 years from now, but that'd be the point where I' seriously look at it what the 2nd generation has to offer.