Thread: Disconcerting

Default Disconcerting

I've heard some pretty disconcerting rumors about Warhammer and I thought we should all discuss them. Mainly cause I want someone to put my fears to rest.

The first:

Once one of the major factions has been defeated the game ends. Well more limiting where you can attack. Greenskins can only take on Dwarfs. Vampire Counts can only take on humans... It's kind of a joke. I'm really upset if this happens to be in the final game and happens to be the only victory condition. It would be a huge step backwards in terms of the Total War franchise. Imagine if in Rome 2 you could only fight the Gauls as the Romans.

The news is at 40Min... I tried setting the times but it didnt like me doing that.

The Second:

No co-op/vs campaign. While this one isn't really a rumor but more a lack of talk about it. It's giving me the willys how little they talk about MP let alone the MP campaign. Maybe someone has more information than I do.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Veho Nex; 01-10-2016 at 06:00.
    Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you,
    By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
    Quote Originally Posted by North Korea
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Default Re: Disconcerting

If true, any thoughts I had on pre-ordering are now gone.

Edit:
    So someone on Reddit said this:
    I think there's a bit of misunderstanding of what's going on here. The idea is that no Imperial citizen would willingly go and move into a greenskin camp or a dwarven mountain hold. So there would be no citizenry to actually make the settlement function. When the empire is fighting against the greenskins or dwarves, it's either defensive or is going to be a war of extermination. In the same vein, human settlements aren't really "orky" enough, so the orks would rather burn it down (and slaughter all the civilians), and there's just too much damn sunlight for the dwarves.
    The idea is the number of settlements you can actually own is gonna be limited, but you can still grind everyone else into dust. From a Total War perspective, I can see how it's disappointing; from a Warhammer perspective, it makes a lot of sense. Especially since this game seems to be leaning more "Warhammer in the Total War format" than "Total War in the Warhammer universe."
    Last edited by Hooahguy; 01-10-2016 at 08:00.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

I honestly can't say, it really will be very upsetting if each race can only fight one other as well as the settlement cap. I know that even though I am a beastman fan, it would still be hugely satisfying to see all of the campaign map covered in the blue standards of the dwarven holds.

With all of this being said I think that I should note that I am preordering the game and I am interested to see who the chaos faction will be able to battle, that is if they do have one, because either they double up on a race being attacked, which is unfair on that race, or they allow chaos to fight everyone, which would then be unfair for all of the other races, and also of course those who do not have access to chaos.

And due to the fact that modding will not be supported it is not as simple as getting people to simply mod the game so that you can control the entire map and have unlimited settlements.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    If true, any thoughts I had on pre-ordering are now gone.

Edit:
    So someone on Reddit said this:
    But they could feasible setup vassal states with dwarf rule or turn the ruins into a military outpost. I think it would be better to see a generic cookie cutter settlement for non nemesis races to at least give you the option to attack. It is really a bummer for me. It seems like each new detail emerging about the game kills more and more of my hype for it.
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

Well the past couple days I've had to rewatch the videos that they have so far released in order to regain my hype, it's just pathetic how piecemeal they feeding us information and even worse videos. On tabletop the vampire counts are my least favourite race by far, I absolutely loathe them, but even I am becoming upset at the lack of content so far shown concerning them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazzle-G View Post
    Well the past couple days I've had to rewatch the videos that they have so far released in order to regain my hype, it's just pathetic how piecemeal they feeding us information and even worse videos. On tabletop the vampire counts are my least favourite race by far, I absolutely loathe them, but even I am becoming upset at the lack of content so far shown concerning them.
    Yeah, this is getting a real Rome 2 launch vibe to it. I'm really worried about how the game turns out. I've still got it pre-ordered but... It's hard to keep my zealot like faith in CA with Rome2's release and with the.... odd decisions they are making with this release.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Full details on this mechanic.

I havent read through it yet but the comments on Reddit are promising.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    Full details on this mechanic.

I havent read through it yet but the comments on Reddit are promising.
    Idk, with what I understand of age of sigmar lore it doesn't make too much sense. Yeah I can understand dwarfs or greenskins not controlling a human or VC settlement. I can see them wiping the settlement from the face of the old world and building an outpost or colony on it.

I unfortunately got out of touch with warhammer a few years ago after being a massive fan and still loving the franchise, however a few months when I decided to have another look I met age of sigmar. It is completely shit, it is so terrible. The entire old world was destroyed and sigmar, who used to be a Demi God who united the tribes of men into the empire, returns.

Only now he is a space marine. They changed everything that I loved, especially the lore. They changed the names of all the races, so that orcs are no longer orcs and dwarves are no longer dwarves. They then also added sigmar and his race, the storm cast elementals who literally look more like the sanguinary guard of the blood angels in warhammer 40,000 than anything from warhammer fantasy. All this and more that is just as bad so that they can increase sales, because the lynchpin of Aos is that you can field an army with units from any race now, meaning that you can have a chaos lord at the head of an Empire State army with not only dwarven allies but also vampire mercenaries and Orc wizards. They were trying to get people to just buy whatever they want to because now they can actually just field anything in their armies with no sense of belonging. They were simply trying to increase sales.

Quite simply it is terrible, this is about as much as I know as I gave up before giving it a chance, because even though it may be more fun to play, which I doubt, they completely scrapped the lore which was the most amazing part of warhammer, I'm sorry if it's a rant, but this is really sad.

I apologise for the poor grammar and spelling tonight, I am just too tired and quite frankly too upset and angry to edit it properly.

Ok I just read it and I'm too tired to write something big, but it sounds good. The way he has written it does make tw:wh sound very unique and fun and it sounds like even the most experienced tw player will find themselves troubled in parts, due to the new dynamics.
    Altogether, this has helped to make me feel a lot, lot better about the game. The lack of videos showing new footage, is however still a concern, however this may or may not be subject to change, we'll just have to wait and see.

I was also disconcerted by their spelling mistakes in the recently released map.
    God, I love this company, CA please never change.

I cannot see anything wrong with the spelling, mind you I have not checked any of them, I'm just going by memory.