Thread: Marketplace

Question Marketplace

Does every town/city benefit from having a market place in it or only certain ones?

Senior Member Senior Member ReluctantSamurai's Avatar

Default Re: Marketplace

All. The market place building tree should be maxed out whenever possible. It gives you more tradeable goods at each level and so increases your income from trade. You need a Forum to be able to train assassins, while a simple Marketplace will do for spies.
    High Plains Drifter

the angry, angry elephantid Member wooly_mammoth's Avatar

I think public health buildings also require a certain level of the market building before they can be constructed. Money aside, markets also give population growth bonuses and at very high level even happiness bonuses. They also give the ability to train agents like mentioned above. Assassins are fun for screwing around but not that helpful unless you play battles on high difficulty settings, but spies are very important.

I think public health buildings also require a certain level of the market building before they can be constructed
    To that you can add a blacksmith requires a trader, an armourer>>>market. The Academy building tree (for those factions that can build them) and the Roman Coliseum building tree also require certain levels of markets.
    High Plains Drifter

Thanks for the heads up. :)

One thing, though. The markets also affect population growth, which can lead to unrest. There are ways to curb that, Reluctant Samurai has a great thread on Zero Population Growth, though I have been unable to achieve that to his extent. If public order allows. The max market does give I think a 10% bonus to public happiness, and in a huge city that might achieve enough to keep public order good until the population growth goes to zero again.
    Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: Psalm 144:1

In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
    As modest stillness and humility:
    But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
    Then imitate the action of the tiger;
    -Henry V by William Shakespeare

The max market does give I think a 10% bonus to public happiness, and in a huge city that might achieve enough to keep public order good until the population growth goes to zero again.
    Yep. The 10% is enough to offset the extra population.
    High Plains Drifter