Thread: Cannot build(??)

Default Cannot build(??)

I have a number of cities and enough money but I cannot build in some of them. Why is this?

the angry, angry elephantid Member wooly_mammoth's Avatar

Default Re: Cannot build(??)

Unless you've checked an option about being able to manage a city without governor at the start, you can't do something manually without having a guy ride in to give the orders. It should be floating around somewhere in the game options, I think you can change it during the campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by wooly_mammoth View Post
    Unless you've checked an option about being able to manage a city without governor at the start, you can't do something manually without having a guy ride in to give the orders. It should be floating around somewhere in the game options, I think you can change it during the campaign.
    I hate going on memory because I am so often wrong but I believe it is located in your faction area. Click on the city icon then faction icon (I think) - you should see a slide bar at the bottom telling your AI governors how much they can spend. Somewhere above, there should be a box that says something like, "allow AI building" and another that says something like, "allow AI recruiting". Simply uncheck as desired. This will have to be done for each city without a governor but it does remember if you do this then bring in a family member, then later remove said family member from the city.
    Last edited by LordK9; 01-21-2016 at 21:15.

Thanks.

I have Auto Build off but I just cannot build. Di U have to have a general or governor in the city in order to build?

Quote Originally Posted by 8-bit View Post
    Thanks.

I have Auto Build off but I just cannot build. Di U have to have a general or governor in the city in order to build?
    There are two checkboxes on settlement details card, one for auto build one for auto recruit. (So you can choose individual cities to build or recruit automatically) Do you see them?

Quote Originally Posted by Yesugey View Post
    There are two checkboxes on settlement details card, one for auto build one for auto recruit. (So you can choose individual cities to build or recruit automatically) Do you see them?
    Yes, this is what I meant - I did have two areas confused. If the boxes on the settlement details page are checked, the AI builds and recruits in that city and you cannot. And, this you can believe, the AI should never be allowed to recruit (if I don't have a governor there, I let the AI build) unless you want to have a bunch of useless units draining your coffers all over the place. Also, that slide bar I mentioned is likely on the faction details page - make sure you don't let that at 100% (well, unless you want to) if you allow AI builds for any city or your coffers will be drained.