Thread: editing/getting early romani reforms for europa barbarorum 2??? is it possible????

Question editing/getting early romani reforms for europa barbarorum 2??? is it possible????

Hi, does anyone know how to sucessfully edit/ change reform times to your liking for romani faction. I tried editing the campaign scripts by reducing turn times to 85 turns to get polybian reforms, but nothing happens. i also removed settlement goals but that did not help either. if someone could help please as i dont want to wait so long as ive already conquered much of the map.

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Default Re: editing/getting early romani reforms for europa barbarorum 2??? is it possible???

Changes to the campaign_script will only take effect with a new campaign, they are not savegame compatible.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Default Re: editing/getting early romani reforms for europa barbarorum 2??? is it possible???

Cheers thanks alot, i will try that. one more question. How do you edit turn times for augustan reforms because there does not seem to be a turn time edit option, do i have to edit it in myself?

There are no Augustan Reforms; and if there ever are some, it won't impact units.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)

Ok thanks about the augustan reforms, eb1 had them so i thought it would be compulsory for eb2 but i guess its not the case. Anyway i did an experiment to test the reforms if they're working fine; i started a new campaign and i managed to get the polybian reforms to work after turn 4, so that's working fine. i tried to get marian reforms for turn 10 but they failed to show up. Do u have to edit the trait & settlement requirements to zero or something as i cant seem to get the marian reforms.

Here's the updated parts of the Roman script, including the updated unit refresh to counter the effect of the first reform zero-ing everything, a possible fix to the Carthaginian battle trigger for the Polybian reform, the correct region id's for the early Marian trigger and fixed typo on the Marian fallback.

Code:
    ; === Roman Reforms ===

;;  TO DO: Augustan reforms (Traits required)

set_event_counter ecCamillanEra 1
        set_event_counter ecPolybianEra 0

inc_recruit_pool region_040 1 roman cavalry equites camillan		;;; one-time refill of recruitment pool in Rome to offset its deplenishment by event counter reset
        inc_recruit_pool region_040 2 roman infantry hastati camillan
        inc_recruit_pool region_040 1 roman infantry principes camillan
        inc_recruit_pool region_040 1 roman infantry triarii camillan
        inc_recruit_pool region_040 2 roman infantry leves
        inc_recruit_pool region_038 1 italic cavalry sabellian   ;;; one-time refill of Arretium to offset deplenishment
        inc_recruit_pool region_038 1 italic infantry etruscan
        inc_recruit_pool region_038 1 italic infantry samnites spearmen
        inc_recruit_pool region_038 1 roman infantry leves
        inc_recruit_pool region_041 1 italic cavalry sabellian   ;;; one-time refill of Arpi to offset deplenishment
        inc_recruit_pool region_041 1 italic infantry samnites spearmen
        inc_recruit_pool region_041 1 roman infantry leves
        inc_recruit_pool region_042 1 italic cavalry sabellian   ;;; one-time refill of Capua to offset deplenishment
        inc_recruit_pool region_042 1 italic infantry samnites spearmen
        inc_recruit_pool region_042 1 roman infantry leves
    	inc_recruit_pool region_042 1 hellenistic cavalry hippakontistai
    	inc_recruit_pool region_042 1 hellenistic infantry hoplitai haploi
    	inc_recruit_pool region_042 1 hellenistic infantry akontistai
        inc_recruit_pool region_044 1 italic infantry samnites spearmen  ;;; one-time refill of Taras recruitment pool to offset deplenishment by event counter reset above

declare_counter cisalpine_battles
        declare_counter carthage_battles
        declare_counter marian_possible
        declare_counter augustan_possible

monitor_event PostBattle FactionType f_rome		;;; Check large battles in Cisalpine - not necessarily victorious ones
            and IsRegionOneOf 88 87 75 76 96 77 95		;;; Felsina 88, Segesta 87, Medilanon 75, Patavium 76, Massalia 96, Segestica 77, Dalminion 95 (in this order)
            and I_BattleEnemyArmyNumberOfUnits > 10 	;;; Include only large battles

if I_EventCounter ecCamillanEra < 0
                inc_counter cisalpine_battles 1
            end_if

if I_EventCounter ecPolybianEra > 0			;;; Terminate monitor once reforms happened
                terminate_monitor
            end_if
        end_monitor

monitor_event PostBattle FactionType f_rome		;;; Check large battles against Carthage - not necessarily victorious ones
            and GeneralFoughtFaction f_carthage
            and not I_ConflictType Naval				;;; Exclude naval battles - reforms are about line infantry only
            and I_BattleEnemyArmyNumberOfUnits > 10 	;;; Include only large battles

if I_EventCounter ecCamillanEra < 0
                inc_counter carthage_battles 1
            end_if

if I_EventCounter ecPolybianEra > 0			;;; Terminate monitor once reforms happened
                terminate_monitor
            end_if
        end_monitor

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType f_rome
            if 	I_TurnNumber > 100							;;; to prevent the reforms happening almost off-the-bat
                and I_CompareCounter cisalpine_battles > 3
                and I_CompareCounter carthage_battles > 4
                set_event_counter ecCamillanEra 0
                set_event_counter ecPolybianEra 1
                historic_event HE_POLYBIAN_REFORM factions { f_rome, }
                terminate_monitor
            end_if

if I_TurnNumber > 120
                and I_SettlementOwner sett_035 = f_rome		;;; Segesta
                and I_SettlementOwner sett_036 = f_rome		;;; Patava
                and I_SettlementOwner sett_037 = f_rome		;;; Felsina
                and I_SettlementOwner sett_047 = f_rome		;;; Syrakousai
                and I_SettlementOwner sett_046 = f_rome		;;; Messana
                and I_SettlementOwner sett_045 = f_rome		;;; Lilibeo
                terminate_monitor
            end_if

if I_IsFactionAIControlled f_rome					;;; automatic reforms for AI Rome
                and I_TurnNumber > 200
                and I_EventCounter ecCamillanEra > 0
                terminate_monitor
            end_if

if 	not I_IsFactionAIControlled f_rome						;;; fall-back automatic reforms for player-controlled Rome
                and I_TurnNumber > 248
                and I_EventCounter ecCamillanEra > 0
                terminate_monitor
            end_if
        end_monitor

;
        ;  Check conditions for the Marian reform
        ;
        monitor_event PreFactionTurnStart FactionType f_rome
            and	I_TurnNumber > 500								;;; 147 BC - earliest possible date
            set_counter marian_possible 0					;;; reset counter every turn

if I_EventCounter ecMarianEra > 0					;;; terminate monitor once no longer needed
                terminate_monitor
            end_if

if I_TurnNumber > 660								;;; If there is 107 BC when Marian reforms happened IRL...
                and I_EventCounter ecPolybianEra > 0 					;;; ...and reforms had not happened already...
                set_event_counter ecPolybianEra 0				;;; ...trigger the reforms as fall-back for AI and unlucky player.
                set_event_counter ecMarianEra 1
                historic_event HE_MARIAN_REFORM factions { f_rome, }
                terminate_monitor
            end_if
        end_monitor

monitor_event SettlementTurnStart FactionType f_rome
            and	I_TurnNumber > 500								;;; 147 BC - earliest possible date
            and IsRegionOneOf 99 97 112 124 128 131 140 		;;; Etruria 99, Umbria 97, Latium 112, Apulia 124, Campania 128, Kalabria 131, Brettia 140 - count only those in Italy
            and	SettlementBuildingExists > farms_six 			;;; count Latifundiae and land reforms as sources of social tension and dispossession leading to reform
            if I_EventCounter ecPolybianEra > 0
                inc_counter marian_possible 1
            end_if

if I_CompareCounter marian_possible > 5
                set_event_counter ecMarianPossible 1		;;; Once the social/agricultural development reaches the threshold switch-on EDCT condition...
                terminate_monitor							;;; ... and terminate monitor
            end_if
        end_monitor

monitor_event CharacterTurnStart FactionType f_rome
            and Trait Reformator > 1							;;; First level enabled by ecMarianPossible, second one by being a consul.
            set_event_counter ecPolybianEra 0
            set_event_counter ecMarianEra 1
            historic_event HE_MARIAN_REFORM   ; might as well let the world know about the reform
            terminate_monitor
        end_monitor

thanks for the updated roman script. If i copy and paste the updated roman script u just posted does this mean all i have to do is edit/change the turn times and all the reforms will work?? or is there more editing i have to do myself??

You'll only need to change the turn times, it should otherwise be working.

Note you'll need to start a new campaign for it to be applied, it won't work with an existing saved game.

Hi guys,

sorry but I am not an expert on scripts and about "codes" generally. So I would ask to you if you could please tell me simply how to get the Marian reform. Eventually, where I sould paste the " code " above. Anyway, I tried to go ahead with the campaign till turn 700 , but I never
    reached the Marian reform (obiouvsly neither Augustan). Since I read you should have particular conditions like a leader with S/C/V and Latifundae in Greece, I am wondering how to do this given that I've never seen this option even id I have a lot of huge cities. Furthermore, I cannot recruit units in many settlements but boats , spies and assassins and they never improve or change as " roman coloniae". Help me plese if you can.

Thank you very much and sorry for my english.

Piz

The current script in 2.1b is doubly broken, unfortunately; the farms trigger has the wrong settlements, and the automatic trigger has a typo meaning it won't fire. If you replace the script with the one above, you need to start a new campaign for it to take effect. It won't work with a saved game.

Outside of Italy the only factional government that gives you any recruitment is the Civitas Libera - otherwise you're stuck with Allied Governments. After the Marian reform, the Provinciae gives recruitment.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    The current script in 2.1b is doubly broken, unfortunately; the farms trigger has the wrong settlements, and the automatic trigger has a typo meaning it won't fire. If you replace the script with the one above, you need to start a new campaign for it to take effect. It won't work with a saved game.

Outside of Italy the only factional government that gives you any recruitment is the Civitas Libera - otherwise you're stuck with Allied Governments. After the Marian reform, the Provinciae gives recruitment.
    Thank you very much, but I don't know where I should paste it, I mean the folder :( could you please tell it to me?

Quote Originally Posted by CumPizdrul View Post
    Thank you very much, but I don't know where I should paste it, I mean the folder :( could you please tell it to me?
    You need to download Notepad++.

Then edit the data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\campaign_script.txt -search for Roman Reforms and replace everything down to Augustan Reforms.

You need to download Notepad++.

Then edit the data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\campaign_script.txt -search for Roman Reforms and replace everything down to Augustan Reforms.
    You are very kind but I foresee a disaster :) at most I will download + install it again, thank you again.

You are very kind but I foresee a disaster :) at most I will download + install it again, thank you again.
    You'll have to wait for 2.2, then. Or someone kind enough to edit the 2.1b script with that in (I don't have it, I've only got the development build installed, which has a completely different script, now).

You'll have to wait for 2.2, then. Or someone kind enough to edit the 2.1b script with that in (I don't have it, I've only got the development build installed, which has a completely different script, now).
    I cannot patch/modify it because it's in Program Files and I don't know how to move it in another folder as I am not a steam user. I should install MTW2 again but I missed the installation files and patches (including Kingdom) so it will be the last hope. Anyway I appreciated your help now everything is clearer :)

I cannot patch/modify it because it's in Program Files and I don't know how to move it in another folder as I am not a steam user. I should install MTW2 again but I missed the installation files and patches (including Kingdom) so it will be the last hope. Anyway I appreciated your help now everything is clearer :)
    You need to reinstall the game, the patch won't work as long as it's in Program Files, nor will you be able to modify anything yourself.