Thread: Rally Point 30- New DLC for Attila to be announced. Free if...

Default Rally Point 30- New DLC for Attila to be announced. Free if...

we stopped getting owned by CoH fandom for three years in a row. I hope we defeat them this time, not because I care about the DLC, but because CoH is thinly veiled Nazi apologist propaganda. A despicable game.

Skip to 5:28, if you find Warhammer incredibly boring.

Thoughts about the DLC?
    I bet that it's going to be about the Slavs, which is pretty ironic, considering that this is the ethnic group against which Relic obviously has a vendetta.

Default Re: Rally Point 30- New DLC for Attila to be announced. Free if...

By CoH, do you mean company of heroes? Is that sarcasm or do you really think it's Nazi propaganda?
    Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you,
    By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
    Quote Originally Posted by North Korea
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Veho Nex View Post
    By CoH, do you mean company of heroes? Is that sarcasm or do you really think it's Nazi propaganda?
    To be accurate, it's anti-communist propaganda, which turns into pro-Nazi one, because the Soviets were the enemies of Nazi Germany.

lol, I never played the campaign in coh2. I just find this whole thing a joke from a strictly PVP RTS battle standpoint. Anyways, more backroom discussion than anything.

The reason TW always loses in this is because CoH2 has a much higher player base and Rome2 was so crappy on release that it killed whatever player base it would have.
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

I did. And they made the NKVD guy in charge of the Soviet protagonist an evil murderous asshole. Plus to make the Soviet protagonist sympathetic he's not really cut out for combat duty. Or life in Stalinist Russia in general. And you can tell fairly quickly that all of Relic's research for CoH2 was watching Enemy at the gates. And any Cold war era Soviet troupe they could think of.

Besides if anything in CoH heroes is pro-Nazi it's the second expansion for the first game. Where the single player campaign protagonist is a Waffen-SS officer around Arnhem, Wolfgang Berger. And they are portrayed very sympathetically.
    Last edited by lars573; 01-29-2016 at 18:17.
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

Member thankful for this post:

Because we all know Stalin and the NKVD were paragons of virtue throughout their history. It's a story, getting upset over it is silly. Relax comrades and understand that Russian leadership during WW2 was not a super nice happy go lucky bunch of hippies but a pretty brutal party incredibly equivalent to the Nazi party.

Quote Originally Posted by Veho Nex View Post
    Because we all know Stalin and the NKVD were paragons of virtue throughout their history. It's a story, getting upset over it is silly. Relax comrades and understand that Russian leadership during WW2 was not a super nice happy go lucky bunch of hippies but a pretty brutal party incredibly equivalent to the Nazi party.
    The problem is that the game is intentionally lying. Not just misrepresenting the defensive war of the Soviet citizens, as some sort of an aggressive action, but they clearly lie.

Example:
    A loading screen is a letter of a "common" soldier who states how unjust and bloody the war is and how every soldier didn't want to fight for such a horrible cause.
    The problem is that the author was a Soviet general and he was talking about WWI. Goebbels would be proud.

Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

Me, I just think the contest is stupid, and CA needs to pull their heads out in the design of it such that it's possible for the TW side to win. As it is, this is just a yearly self-own by CA, something they already regularly do in their game design decisions, so not sure why they feel the need to pile on themselves.

I cant stand that girl.... shes completely boring and her face shows no emotion...
    If living is nothing dieing is nothing then nothing is everything and everything is nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazi View Post
    I cant stand that girl.... shes completely boring and her face shows no emotion...
    Honestly, I think most of that is intentional.

I got it in Attila and Rome II, since she was uninterested in history, but being given she used to be a Warhammer Youtuber, her lack of passion is a bit strange.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4 View Post
    Honestly, I think most of that is intentional.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Crandar View Post
    I got it in Attila and Rome II, since she was uninterested in history, but being given she used to be a Warhammer Youtuber, her lack of passion is a bit strange.

Why?
    Bein funneh!

Irony confirmed, old rascals! It's the Slavs, so we have a Slavic DLC against the most russophobic game since the times when Goebbels played pétanque with the Latvian SS unit.

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

And yet the Roxalani are still pattened after the Huns, not the Alans.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]