Thread: Mass Celibacy

Default Mass Celibacy

Hi All,

A huge Thank You to the good people of the EB team who have done so much work putting EB together. It’s amazing stuff!

I was just getting in touch because I’ve found, on the latest version of EB2, that no male family members seem to be marrying and having children in my games (the daughters are still finding husbands, no problem there). Does anyone know what might need tweaking?

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Default Re: Mass Celibacy

Have you been rejecting suitors for a long time?

We suspect there's a hardcoded issue with the suitor mechanic, whereby the game fixates on a particular FM (male or female) and won't offer any more prospective sons/daughters in law until that person is either dead, married or retires from public life.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Default Re: Mass Celibacy

Thanks very much for your response. I don't think that that is the issue - I was actually thinking that perhaps I'd made the opposite mistake and accepted too many male suitors, overloading the family tree.

I actually played a few turns just after posting the first comment, and two brides were presented, so perhaps it was a temporary glitch. But in the past there have been whole royal families in which none of the men married!

Thanks again, V