Thread: Returning Old Campaigner

Default Returning Old Campaigner

Seems years since I was involved with MTW, but I 've managed to get it to work!

I do miss so much from this game - there's a feeling of anticipation at so many levels, and the soundtrack is brilliant. It was actually the music that set me off to see if I could get it onto this rig...

I've started with Spain/ Early Era /Normal Difficulty - Spain was a faction I most enjoyed years ago. The chess - like element, picking up the pieces and dropping them is one of the things I most miss. You really feel as if you are a conqueror, making his moves.

So great to be back and no gripes about graphic detail, men with same faces, clunky old game, etc etc. This game plays well and is both elegant and aesthetic.

Cheers to all.
    A single leaf falls,
    then suddenly another,
    stolen by the breeze

RANSETSU (1654-1707)

Default Re: Returning Old Campaigner

Hello Tony,

Nice tribute ! I also love the chess-like map, I really feel as a conqueror with my generals in my pavillon, elaborating strategies and moving my pieces on the map.

Have fun.
    Last edited by Valer; 01-31-2016 at 13:09.

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Welcome back! I'm glad to see you got the old girl running again.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

VictorGB Member Trapped in Samsara's Avatar

Hi All

Can anybody join this party?

Prior to Xmas just gone it had been two years since I'd last played MTW. Am about 180 years into a vanilla campaign as the French, Early/Hard. Everything is going swimmingly. Tonight I have four fortification assaults to fight - I never auto resolve. Those poor Hungarians didn't know what hit them. But they did put up a decent fight in Tyrolia, which was a bit of a near run thing.

Have to take all the targets in one year or I'll be excommunicated. But if the Pope is foolish enough to do that then he's signed his own death warrant. I have a very handy general and de-excomm army camped just north of Rome...

The machine I am using is my former, and 10-year-old, 'work' PC. It's absolutely rock-solid stable. Not a single crash thus far.

I have been thinking: should we have a thread in which people detail the components, driver versions, OS, etc., in their MTW machines, along with an assessment of the stability, speed and optimum resolutions?

(Given the age of this wonderful game I'm concerned about how much longer we have in which to acquire the components, hardware and software, with which to assemble MTW-suitable platforms. Gilrandir's recent tribulations are a case in point.)

Best regards
    V

Saper aude
    Horace
    Last edited by Trapped in Samsara; 02-03-2016 at 15:12.

Old games never die just get better with tine.

I could never win as French after a few turns.