Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UN rules in favour of Assange

Default Re: UN rules in favour of Assange

Quote Originally Posted by rory_20_uk View Post
    Given that a woman can not rape a man given the definition or rape, that would not come up.

Oh yes, of course the money is for the child... but that misses the whole point: in this situation the man is closer to a sperm doner who did not consent and there is no contract in place so as such the mother should take responsibility for her actions given in the example the agreement was for sex not procreation.

I'm not sure how UK law works, you might be right. It is certainly possible to convict a woman of raping a man in Sweden however.

Our modern societies do not require there to be a contract in order for fatherhood to be established with all of the rights and obligations which that entails. I'm not sure of exactly how much of a legalized society you envision living in, but I'm fairly sure that even in the UK you become a father without a contract?

Darkside Medic Senior Member rory_20_uk's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Snowhobbit View Post
    I'm not sure how UK law works, you might be right. It is certainly possible to convict a woman of raping a man in Sweden however.

Our modern societies do not require there to be a contract in order for fatherhood to be established with all of the rights and obligations which that entails. I'm not sure of exactly how much of a legalized society you envision living in, but I'm fairly sure that even in the UK you become a father without a contract?
    Yes, that is the point. If you are male you pretty much need the signed paperwork beforehand as any misunderstanding means you are fighting a rape charge. If you're female and decide to keep a pregnancy you can go after the other party.

I'd like to not live in such a society but since the alternative can be 18 years of payments it does seem codifying the area is the least bad option.

An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

Yes, that is the point. If you are male you pretty much need the signed paperwork beforehand as any misunderstanding means you are fighting a rape charge. If you're female and decide to keep a pregnancy you can go after the other party.

I'd like to not live in such a society but since the alternative can be 18 years of payments it does seem codifying the area is the least bad option.

Wow, UK must be a horrible place if men can only get laid safely if they have a signed contract beforehand. That does not sound made up in the slightest.

I guess you must really hate having money if you want to enforce contract requirements on such a level of ehrm, common transactions.

And instead of asking for clarification you jump to the most extreme conclusion you could imagine? I can see why Ukraine is in the state it is in...
    Individual peculiarities and attitudes can't be symptomatic of the state of the whole country (unless those are peculiarities and attitudes of the country's leader). Generalizing like you do is a cheap shot which does not reflect a great credit on you as a communicator and polemicist.

An agreement had been reached prior to the night in question, when they had previously had consensual sex. People can agree to things and time can pass after said agreement was initially made.
    Hasn't it occurred to you that I might have been misled by the grammar mistake you made?
    You said:
    At night he got a little itch and felt he had to satisfy it, the agreement with him and the woman was that they only have sex with a rubber on. He did not put a rubber on, and when she woke up he said he was wearing one. (the bold is mine).
    while it should have been:
    At night he got a little itch and felt he had to satisfy it, the agreement with him and the woman had been that they only would have sex with a rubber on. He did not put a rubber on, and when she woke up he said he was wearing one.

So shall I say that if Swedes are so quick to anger disregarding a beam in their own eye it is a sad future that I envisage for Sweden? No I won't. I know some Swedes here who are a complete opposite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
    The article exists for a reason yes, I did not write it...

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrandir View Post
    Individual peculiarities and attitudes can't be symptomatic of the state of the whole country (unless those are peculiarities and attitudes of the country's leader). Generalizing like you do is a cheap shot which does not reflect a great credit on you as a communicator and polemicist.

Hasn't it occurred to you that I might have been misled by the grammar mistake you made?
    You said:
    At night he got a little itch and felt he had to satisfy it, the agreement with him and the woman was that they only have sex with a rubber on. He did not put a rubber on, and when she woke up he said he was wearing one. (the bold is mine).
    while it should have been:
    At night he got a little itch and felt he had to satisfy it, the agreement with him and the woman had been that they only would have sex with a rubber on. He did not put a rubber on, and when she woke up he said he was wearing one.

So shall I say that if Swedes are so quick to anger disregarding a beam in their own eye it is a sad future that I envisage for Sweden? No I won't. I know some Swedes here who are a complete opposite.
    Well, I shan't say that all Ukrainians are short sighted mad men, because that would indeed be unbecoming, and I have heard that some of them are perfectly normal people.

The statement is perfectly correct grammatically, but feel free to look past the point.

Horse Archer Senior Member Sarmatian's Avatar

Ooh, whats this? A fight hoo haz more English skilz?

Grow up.

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

Given that a woman can not rape a man given the definition or rape, that would not come up.
    You are confusing Rape and Sexual Assault - rape is a specific crime which can only be committed by men, and usually only against women, because of the attendant consequences.

It's like how, technically, men can't be virgins.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Being honest, after Snowden, the movies make the security forces a lot more scary than reality.
    Never seen the movies.

Extraordinary rendition and non consensual water boarding and recording every international call is scary enough to ask are we in a high tech police state with a straight face.
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Members thankful for this post (2):

Darkside Medic Senior Member rory_20_uk's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Philippus Flavius Homovallumus View Post
    You are confusing Rape and Sexual Assault - rape is a specific crime which can only be committed by men, and usually only against women, because of the attendant consequences.

It's like how, technically, men can't be virgins.
    I'm not confusing the two - rape as a minimum prison sentence of 8 years. Sexual assault ranges from 4-8. So technically men can end up in jail for twice as long.

An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

I'm not confusing the two - rape as a minimum prison sentence of 8 years. Sexual assault ranges from 4-8. So technically men can end up in jail for twice as long.

I looked up the UK definition of rape, it is quite a strange and restrictive one. The specific nature of the object used for.. penetration.. leaves it highly restrictive in how it can be interpreted.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Papewaio View Post
    Never seen the movies.

Extraordinary rendition and non consensual water boarding and recording every international call is scary enough to ask are we in a high tech police state with a straight face.
    Watch Enemy of the State, 1998 movie starring Will Smith which has the NSA doing that already and more.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

You had me terrified at Will Smith.

Difference is one was a worst case, over the top, dog arse eating situation.

The other is so terrible not even having two stars from Men and Black could save it.
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Just intended as a cooldown, wouldn't you grasp the oppertunity to have sex with a hot woman in a hotel that is situated at pretty much the exact opposite of the planet from where you live. It just stinks. Women get raped in Sweden all time, only South-Africa is worse in the universe and surroundings for women. So why he.
    Last edited by Fragony; 02-09-2016 at 12:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Just intended as a cooldown, wouldn't you grasp the oppertunity to have sex with a hot woman in a hotel that is situated at pretty much the exact opposite of the planet from where you live. It just stinks.
    Well it all depends, is she agreeing to have sex or not?

Well it all depends, is she agreeing to have sex or not?
    Sure, but what do you expect if you invite a stranger in your bed, I know what would expect, and I would be angry if I was being fooled

edit, story worth sharing.

I was with my mom in Paris to watch the new exposition of oceantic-arts, and I tried to lure the cute girl at the reception to my room for a glass of wine. Was futile. What I did had comming was the hotel's manager, she started cleaning the apartment at 4AM, she really bursted in. Sorry, no. May you live in interesting times the Chinese say.
    Last edited by Fragony; 02-09-2016 at 13:04.

Sure, but what do you expect if you invite a stranger in your bed, I know what would expect, and I would be angry if I was being fooled

edit, story worth sharing.

I was with my mom in Paris to watch the new exposition of oceantic-arts, and I tried to lure the cute girl at the reception to my room for a glass of wine. Was futile. What I did had comming was the hotel's manager, she started cleaning the apartment at 4AM, she really bursted in. Sorry, no. May you live in interesting times the Chinese say.
    Uhm? I would not qualify them as strangers, he was living with her while staying in Sweden. And who is fooled exactly here, the rapists who knowingly rapes or the rape victim? And indeed if I invited a stranger to my bed I would expect not to be raped. Is Netherlands full of only barbarians?

Uhm? I would not qualify them as strangers, he was living with her while staying in Sweden. And who is fooled exactly here, the rapists who knowingly rapes or the rape victim? And indeed if I invited a stranger to my bed I would expect not to be raped. Is Netherlands full of only barbarians?
    I am one then, can't speak for my fellow-Dutchies but i would certainly expect something to happen when invited yes. How could I not expect it, and why wouldn't you do?

I am one then, can't speak for my fellow-Dutchies but i would certainly expect something to happen when invited yes. How could I not expect it, and why wouldn't you do?
    Did you recently convert to Islam and adopt an Arab view of sex and women? If you ever visit up here I'm afraid Finland/Norway would send you to a sex-ed class...
    I have at multiple points visited other people without the intention or implication that I'd sleep with them, including sharing a room with a female friend. Heck we shared the same bed and I still managed not to rape her! :O

Did you recently convert to Islam and adopt an Arab view of sex and women? If you ever visit up here I'm afraid Finland/Norway would send you to a sex-ed class...
    I have at multiple points visited other people without the intention or implication that I'd sleep with them, including sharing a room with a female friend. Heck we shared the same bed and I still managed not to rape her! :O
    Well I am sheltering a muslim gay syrian right now but that's not the point. Women are perfectly safe with me, can sleep in my bed with me without any trouble whatsoever, my mom would be really dissapointed if I caused any, but I wouldn't do that anyway. But I am not going to turn down a perfectly fine chance either, what would you do if you get sedducted in a hotel lobby

Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatian View Post
    Ooh, whats this? A fight hoo haz more English skilz?

Grow up.
    It was not about grammar skills. It was like a person with bad handwriting snapping at those who can't read his note and branding the whole neighborhood they live in as being stupid.
    Last edited by Gilrandir; 02-09-2016 at 14:34.

It was not about grammar skills. It was like a person with bad handwriting snapping at those who can't read his note and branding the whole neighborhood they live in as being stupid.
    And here I thought it was about a man unable to grasp logic and jumping to the most extreme conclusion the moment a hint of ambiguity was perceived.

And here I thought it was about a man unable to grasp logic and jumping to the most extreme conclusion the moment a hint of ambiguity was perceived.
    So we do see growing up. Now only ONE MAN is branded mentally deficient, not the whole country which begets such morons. And an ambiguity admitted! What an evolution!

Well I am sheltering a muslim gay syrian right now but that's not the point. Women are perfectly safe with me, can sleep in my bed with me without any trouble whatsoever, my mom would be really dissapointed if I caused any, but I wouldn't do that anyway. But I am not going to turn down a perfectly fine chance either, what would you do if you get sedducted in a hotel lobby

Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

That morse-code

I know a little bit more about these things than you do

So we do see growing up. Now only ONE MAN is branded mentally deficient, not the whole country which begets such morons. And an ambiguity admitted! What an evolution!
    A man standing so close to his bottle of medicine, but again he turns and flees. One man, one struggle. See the epic conclusion next week!

To conclude, it seems like there are several possible ways to look at this:

1. The woman clearly didn't phrase her "no" in a grammatically correct way and everything was her fault.

2. Rape is normal in Sweden and therefore he could not know he did anything wrong, the government reportedly invites known rapists into the country.

3. He's not an immigrant, obviously he is innocent.

4. He should be hanged for betraying his culture and the country that leads it.

5. He should be hanged for jeopardizing our security.

As a known multi-opinionist I think they are all wonderful in their own way of course.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Member thankful for this post:

There is so much wrong with that Hussie, first of all you are not understanding women. They can be nasty to a level we will never understand. We hit, they destroy.

Hell has no fury doesn't come out of nothing
    Last edited by Fragony; 02-09-2016 at 19:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post

The woman clearly didn't phrase her "no" in a grammatically correct way and everything was her fault.
    A USSR story: two Jews meet and one of them says:

- I don't understand why people make so much of the Beatles. They take false notes, lisp and forget the lyrics.
    -Did you hear them sing?
    - No, but my friend Moisha sang their "Michelle" to me.

The same here: it was not the woman whose grammar needs polishing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZkK...be&app=desktop

The stunning genius of the legal minds behind the report, it is a matter of punctuality but not of legal questions.

Horse Archer Senior Member Sarmatian's Avatar

That guy has some issues speaking English.

And, yes, resolving a legal process in a reasonable time is one of the rights guaranteed by the European Convention of Human Rights.
    We decided we don't like Assange, so we should revoke all his rights?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast