Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PMTW 1.6

Crusading historian Member cegorach's Avatar

Default PMTW 1.6

Before 2.0 is playable it is obvious you the supporters of this mod deserve something you could enjoy.

Let's call it PMTW 1.6 for the sake of simplicity.

The question is how much should be in 1.6.

Personally I'd like to have the new map and all improvements made by people who support this mod.

The new map would give much better taste how this game should look like and would be a huge step in the modding project in general.

This way we could also test if there are any silly bugs before moving ahead.

Everything else is optional, but I do believe that at least one sample of each new idea - could be included. It shouldn't be a big problem to add such a minor improvement or a couple of them and this way we'd have another concept to test and possibly improve.

Default Re: PMTW 1.6

I'd like to ask you to post here download links/attachments with finished and working files you have already made.

Please delete files which will be outdated so that only the newest working files are in this thread.

It is also a place for players to download them and use in their games before 1.6 is ready.

I really like the idea of releasing a PMTW1.6, since it will obviously bring more breath of life to PMTW and fill the long gap between 1.5 and 2.0.

Besides the new map, can we expect to see other new things you have already done and have already shown us after 1.5? For example new units like the Mounted Pikeman or new animation like the Russian feudal cavalry in longcoats? Or they're only for 2.0?

Quote Originally Posted by cegorach View Post
    I'd like to ask you to post here download links/attachments with finished and working files you have already made.

Please delete files which will be outdated so that only the newest working files are in this thread.

It is also a place for players to download them and use in their games before 1.6 is ready.
    Ok, I'm continue making various 2D arts thesedays, should I post them here or in that thread.
    Another issue is, some of the unit infos I did(like the Doppelsoldner's and Black Band Zweihander's) are not suppose to overwrite the original one but for new unit in the future, though they do overwrite the original file now.
    And the Protraits I make for Livonia need to edit the startpos file to make them active.

Ok, here is the unit info I make today: Billman, Pavise Arbalester and Mounted Crossbows. I just want to replace all unit infos which are still in original MTW style by more Renaissance style one...
    Put them in Total War Medieval 1 Gold\campmap\Info_Pics\Units (Just in case someone doesn't know...)

-----------------------

And the Venice Castle Flag which I have forgotten:
    Put it in Total War Medieval 1 Gold\Textures\campmap\Castleflags
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by zweihander; 02-17-2016 at 03:48.

Quote Originally Posted by zweihander View Post
    Besides the new map, can we expect to see other new things you have already done and have already shown us after 1.5? For example new units like the Mounted Pikeman or new animation like the Russian feudal cavalry in longcoats? Or they're only for 2.0?
    I want all new animations in 1.6 - simply it would be easier to have all those files in the game.

This doesn't mean however that all new units will be here and mounted pikemen are one of those new units.

Existing units with new animations are certain, new units will appear only in certain cases.

Ok, I'm continue making various 2D arts thesedays, should I post them here or in that thread.
    Another issue is, some of the unit infos I did(like the Doppelsoldner's and Black Band Zweihander's) are not suppose to overwrite the original one but for new unit in the future, though they do overwrite the original file now.
    And the Protraits I make for Livonia need to edit the startpos file to make them active.
    Let's deal with the replacements first. New units can be added only if there is a very, very good argument to support their appearance in 1.6.

Something big coming.

This is a Portrait Pack, include all the portraits of historical monarchs of Bavaria, Brandenburg, England, Habsburg, Saxony, Sweden and Württemburg during the PMTW timeline.

No preview screenshot because there are too much pictures, about 8-10 per faction.

Download: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=4241
    Last edited by zweihander; 02-17-2016 at 15:36.

Very good! It will certainly add more diversity.

BTW Certain portraits can be linked to famous historical characters so in such cases it would be nice add a .txt readme file with their names if you think that later they can be added to the heros list.
    Sweden has a number of historical commanders and in some cases all what is necessary is their portraits - startpos file deals with this subject.

BTW Certain portraits can be linked to famous historical characters so in such cases it would be nice add a .txt readme file with their names if you think that later they can be added to the heros list.
    Ok, but I'm have a little confusion, do you mean to make a monarch also a hero in game?

Sweden has a number of historical commanders and in some cases all what is necessary is their portraits - startpos file deals with this subject.
    Where to find the list of the heros?

P.S. don't want to start a new thread to ask. There are some famous queens/female monarchs during the PMTW timeline, such as Elizabeth, Mary, Anne and Kristina. Is it possible to make female monarchs in the MTW engine?

P.S.2 any reason that I can't build any landsknecht units in Scania? German landsknechts go to Denmark and Sweden but don't want to go to Scania?
    Last edited by zweihander; 02-19-2016 at 10:19.

And this is the King portrait pack for France and Denmark. 8 kings per faction.

Download: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=4243

Sorry for triple post, there are 3 kinds of Swedish flag(for both battle flag and castle flag use), please tell me which one do you prefer?
    The blue colour can still be adjusted later.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	swedish_flag.png 
Views:	2082 
Size:	687.0 KB 
ID:	17576  
    Last edited by zweihander; 02-20-2016 at 10:41.

1st or 3rd. 2nd is too complicated and becomes too much blurred. And try to keep the same proportions on all flags. The commander flag looks ok but the unit flag is stretched.
    "Do not fight for glory. Do not fight for love of your lord. Do not fight for hatred, honor or faith. Fight only for victory and you will succeed." - Uji sensei.

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    And try to keep the same proportions on all flags. The commander flag looks ok but the unit flag is stretched.
    You know this is impossible... The commander flag and the unit flag use the same TGA file and it is 32*32, and the proportions of these 2 flags are different. Nothing I can do to fix this... Unless we can change the unit flag model.
    Last edited by zweihander; 02-20-2016 at 11:00.

You know this is impossible...
    Sorry, my fault. I forget about it.
    "Do not fight for glory. Do not fight for love of your lord. Do not fight for hatred, honor or faith. Fight only for victory and you will succeed." - Uji sensei.

The third seems good enough.

Personally I prefer flags different than usually associated with countries in our, modern age.

I'd like to set a date for PMTW 1.6.

Do you think that April is too early?

The campaign map will cause problems and all other issues are dwarfed by this huge, yet necessary change.

I'd like to set a date for PMTW 1.6.

Do you think that April is too early?

The campaign map will cause problems and all other issues are dwarfed by this huge, yet necessary change.
    I'm generally against any strict deadlines but it's your mod. About map, let me know when you'll know how it should finally look like. I'd like to avoid doing the same thing several times.

I don't know… It is all depend on you. If you can finish all features for 1.6 in April that no one would say it is "too early"…

The map is the obstacle.

English Civil War can wait - for some reason minor changes in start_pos always resulted in the campaign disappearing from the list, it was very annoying.

So can the improved tech tree or new animations, except those which are already made.

I want to include testing samples of indestructable structures, all nomad camp like structures (I had a couple in mind), Swiss and Georgian political structures and at least a couple of events.

Overall nothing too big, something similar to a big patch with a new map so doable in this time.

I'd like to have a working beta in late March for us three to test - unless someone else shows up and contributes enough to deserve it that is.

It is meant as a reward for supporters and a proof that the mod is alive once more.

Also I think this time the installer should include all files in one space, including music, but we can separate music from everything else if people do not want it.

I'll show how the land map is supposed to look like soon.

Also I think this time the installer should include all files in one space, including music, but we can separate music from everything else if people do not want it.
    This reminds me of alternative music for Georgia that I've lost long ago. Links are long dead too. Could you refresh them?

English Civil War can wait - for some reason minor changes in start_pos always resulted in the campaign disappearing from the list, it was very annoying.
    I remember that when I played PMtW on VI2.01 about 8 years ago, I also met a similar problem, Iwanted to change the faction colour of Bavaria in the 2nd campaign, but once I changed even one number, the campaign disappeared from the list(this didn't happened to the other two campaigns), so annoying.
    But this time I use the Steam Gold version, that problem doesn't appear again.
    Last edited by zweihander; 02-23-2016 at 09:44.

When I played PMTW first time it was already 1.5+Patch, but today I find something interesting in the 1.5 Unpatch version which aren't in 1.5+Patch

A campaign army graphic, looks like a Russian with bardiche:

A Spainish unit, I never see this unit animation in 1.5+Patch:

Any chance to get them back in 1.6?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00000000.jpg 
Views:	2218 
Size:	888.7 KB 
ID:	17667   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00000001.jpg 
Views:	2049 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	17668  

When I played PMTW first time it was already 1.5+Patch, but today I find something interesting in the 1.5 Unpatch version which aren't in 1.5+Patch

A campaign army graphic, looks like a Russian with bardiche:
    For some reason it didn't work for Orthodox factions (Pagan in-game), so was abandoned.

A Spainish unit, I never see this unit animation in 1.5+Patch:

Any chance to get them back in 1.6?
    They are there. Rare and only fro Spain, but possibly do not appear in the custom battle mode - a mistake or some other reason.

This reminds me of alternative music for Georgia that I've lost long ago. Links are long dead too. Could you refresh them?
    One of very few things I've lost while changing computers.

I'll try to recover it.

For some reason it didn't work for Orthodox factions (Pagan in-game), so was abandoned.
    What you mean "it didn't work"?

What you mean "it didn't work"?
    I don't remember exactly, but for some reason it couldn't be assigned to Pagan factions i.e. Orthodox in the game.

I don't remember exactly, but for some reason it couldn't be assigned to Pagan factions i.e. Orthodox in the game.
    Please, upload them. I curious what's the reason of that.

I'll try to locate the files, but it will take a while since it is one of those things which were discarted.

Found them:

Pagan.rar

It was supposed to work only for Pagan factions (Orthodox in the game), but for some reason didn't.

It was supposed to work only for Pagan factions (Orthodox in the game), but for some reason didn't.
    It works now.Pagan_fix.rar

It works now.Pagan_fix.rar
    Thank you, Stazi

They look cool in game, but seems they are unfinish:
    When I 'drag' an army, the army graphic becomes the western unit
    When the faction leader go to another province, the leader graphic becomes the western leader

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast