Jolt vs. seireikhaan
    Al Sipsclar vs. Winston Hughes
    atheotes vs. Visorslash
    edse vs. Myrddraal
    Sigurd vs. Csargo

5 gold on each, and 30 gold on Jolt.

Default Re: Gameroom Rock/Paper/Scissors Tournament IV

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    In the end, atheotes opts for caution, starting with Rock, fully expecting things to go to the rethrow.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

See, Zack? That's why it was a gamble to eternally throw paper to seireikhaan's rocks.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

hello?

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    hello?
    Hello, Zack.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Waiting on @Jolt and @Sigurd, I just assumed weekend inactivity as per the previous two weeks.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

I think we all know what orders Jolt will send in lol

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Okay, if I don't get a response from Sigurd within 24 hours or so, I'll have him forfeit the individual match and we'll keep moving.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Blog Entries

All orders received, I'll have the results up at some point tonight US time.

Blog Entries

Day 11 results

Sorry for the poor quality on my end, busy day. I'm declaring this to be my one mulligan in terms of writeups.

BSmith on bye this round.

"Rock... paper... scissors... shoot!"

Zack vs. El Barto: First throw is Rock for both. Second throw is also Rock for both.
    Zack and El Barto draw

Jolt vs. seireikhaan: Jolt pulls the atheotes strategy of starting off with Rock to see what khaan does. Looks like he's back to form with Rock. Satisfied, Jolt switches to Paper which works because khaan throws Rock again.
    Jolt defeats seireikhaan

Al Sipsclar vs. Winston Hughes: Winston won't overtake atheotes for first place today. He and Al Sips both throw Rock and then Paper. They both maintain their positions for the time being.
    Al Sipsclar and Winston Hughes draw

atheotes vs. Visorslash: This one could be a playoff preview. atheotes caps a fine round robin and clinches himself a first round bye thanks to his throw of Paper, defeating Visor's Rock.
    atheotes defeats Visorslash

edse vs. Myrddraal: First throw is Scissors for each. edse then keeps his hopes of avoiding the #13 seed alive by switching to Rock while Myrddraal remains at Scissors. Should it come down to it edse now has the tiebreaker over Myrd. Much is still in doubt.
    edse defeats Myrddraal

Sigurd vs. Csargo: With edse's win, the pressure is on for Sigurd to get out of danger here. He doesn't. His Paper gets cut by Csargo's Scissors on the first throw.
    Csargo defeats Sigurd

Standings through Day 11:
    *atheotes: 8
    Winston Hughes: 6.5
    Zack: 6
    Jolt: 6
    Csargo: 6
    Visorslash: 5.5
    Al Sipsclar: 5.5
    Myrddraal: 4
    seireikhaan: 4
    Sigurd: 4
    El Barto: 4
    BSmith: 3.5
    *edse: 3

* - still to go on bye
    With wins over Jolt and Csargo, atheotes has clinched a first-round bye. In terms of avoiding the #13 seed this round has provided no clarity as edse won and nobody else was able to reach the threshold of 4.5 points. El Barto has the tiebreaker over edse, edse has the tiebreaker over Myrddraal, and any other tiebreaking combination involving edse is either yet to be determined or will come down to sudden death.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is now Day 12!

Day 12 matchups:

Zack vs. Myrddraal
    Visorslash vs. Csargo
    Winston Hughes vs. Sigurd
    seireikhaan vs. edse
    El Barto vs. Al Sipsclar
    BSmith vs. Jolt
    atheotes (bye)

Blog Entries

Day 11 results - betting

Well, nobody went bust this round. Of the people who placed bets, Winston Hughes had the best day going +20 overall - a result of his correct wager on Jolt over khaan (his other bet ended in a draw and was thus refunded). Zack had the biggest wager on Jolt over khaan, but a lot of his other wagers went the other way and he only ended up +15 for the day. Barto went two-for-two, but placed comparatively smaller bets and is +10.

Bettors:
    atheotes - 160
    Winston Hughes - 130
    Zack - 120
    Al Sipsclar - 102
    Csargo - 100
    edse - 98
    El Barto - 95
    Myrddraal - 85
    BSmith - 20
    seireikhaan - BUSTED

I'm still laughing at khaan betting all his money and still throwing rock.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post

Jolt vs. seireikhaan: Jolt pulls the atheotes strategyof starting off with Rock to see what khaan does. Looks like he's back to form with Rock. Satisfied, Jolt switches to Paper which works because khaan throws Rock again.
    Jolt defeats seireikhaan

I'm still laughing at khaan betting all his money and still throwing rock.

Day 12

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Look, just, just, gimme some gold, I'll make it back and more I swears.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Blog Entries

Maybe once the knockout round starts. Maybe.

Don't fuel his addiction

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash View Post
    Don't fuel his addiction
    Yeah, but it's amusing.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

I'll loan khaan 50 gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Blog Entries

Done.

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    I'll loan khaan 50 gold.
    You're not even putting conditions on this?

In that case, can I borrow 50 as well?

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Hughes View Post
    You're not even putting conditions on this?

In that case, can I borrow 50 as well?
    I mean it's a loan, so I expect it back if eventually...

Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

atheotes: 8
    Winston Hughes: 6.5
    Zack: 6

atheotes - 160
    Winston Hughes - 130
    Zack - 120

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Ten doubloon on Zack an' ten on Winston. I be offerin' th' same ta anyone wha wants to match tha' bet.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.

Blog Entries

Waiting on @Myrddraal, @Sigurd, and @Jolt.

We've slowed down a bit lately, hopefully it'll pick back up once the knockout round starts.

Blog Entries

While we wait (down to Myrddraal and Sigurd now), here's a timely article that might help in future rounds.

I be int'rest'd in knowin' what terms be offered fer loans aroun' here. Wha' would seireikhaan be payin'?

Blog Entries

~24 hour deadline is now in effect for Sigurd and Myrddraal. If I don't receive orders by around this time tomorrow they forfeit their respective Day 12 matches.
    Last edited by GeneralHankerchief; 03-17-2016 at 00:24.

24 is such a big number. They should just forfeit their matches now.

24 is such a big number. They should just forfeit their matches now.

Anyone want ta take me bets? They's in good terms.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast