Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Bird mafia [Concluded]

Default Re: Bird mafia [In Play]

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    honestly I thought zack was scummy for most of the game
    but why? people always say "oh zack but you're always scummy" but I don't get it honestly.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    double a you goof
    Hey, to be fair, you didn't vote for edse either.
    but why? people always say "oh zack but you're always scummy" but I don't get it honestly.
    It's because you were scum the last game both here and on CFC.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    Hey, to be fair, you didn't vote for edse either.
    Yes I did actually. But Double A came in and chose to vote me over edse (when it was tied 1-1 between us), so that ship had already sailed.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Why did you not leave the vote on edse and try to convince Double A? Admittedly, he is a goof, but that way you had a chance… Double A wasn't much of a mafioso.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    Why did you not leave the vote on edse and try to convince Double A? Admittedly, he is a goof, but that way you had a chance… Double A wasn't much of a mafioso.
    There were like 20 minutes left in the day and I had to go afk in less than 5. I already gave plenty of ammo against edse for Double A to consider -- not just the last day phase, but for a few phases before that -- and he chose to look the other way. He made his choice. And regardless of my feelings of double a / edse, any lynch was far better than mine.

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I could've been convinced to not be a goof. It probably wouldn't have been that hard.

in fairness I was caught up in #implications

Got to hand it to edse, really. Given where we were the previous evening, he had to pitch his efforts just right to weasel out that lynch.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

I understand Zack's decision. If the round is almost over, and Double A is not convinced after all the work Zack put into it, Zack's only option is to either be stubborn and get lynched, or to play the "if I am wrong" game and try to lynch anyone but himself.

In my opinion, Zack's choice is tactically correct, even if it doesn't win the game. He didn't have that many options left and he needed to make a decision to save the game, and his options were down to either stand pat and await his death, or try to lynch the only person available to him.

Under time pressure and having to leave, I think Zack can leave this game knowing he tried all the available options.

If he had time to sit and try to convince Double A more, then perhaps keep to your convictions is better. But, I've made decisions like that many times. In final 3, the other townie needs to vote correctly or I will self-pres.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Hughes View Post
    Got to hand it to edse, really. Given where we were the previous evening, he had to pitch his efforts just right to weasel out that lynch.
    It was incredible to watch. A couple posts he made on the final round were convincing to me that he deserved an outright win.

Let me find and quote it.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by edse View Post
    If you're town you have to convince me that Double A is the last scum. But as you see, he is absent, not lurking. That's not someone who randed mafia. That also means that there is little information about him. (Just as about me, but I tend to lurk my way into end games nowadays)

But it's true, it's exactly like the NOTW where you had me choose between two townies. This time i at least have a chance at being right.
    This post, I feel, was an excellent post by edse. The game really started to lean in the scum's direction after this post.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

in fairness to double a, I was never really decided on which was scum. props to edse.

One thing I should have picked out in Zack's favour was the Beskar kill. I doubt he'd have gone there as scum.

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    I understand Zack's decision. If the round is almost over, and Double A is not convinced after all the work Zack put into it, Zack's only option is to either be stubborn and get lynched, or to play the "if I am wrong" game and try to lynch anyone but himself.

In my opinion, Zack's choice is tactically correct, even if it doesn't win the game. He didn't have that many options left and he needed to make a decision to save the game, and his options were down to either stand pat and await his death, or try to lynch the only person available to him.

Under time pressure and having to leave, I think Zack can leave this game knowing he tried all the available options.

If he had time to sit and try to convince Double A more, then perhaps keep to your convictions is better. But, I've made decisions like that many times. In final 3, the other townie needs to vote correctly or I will self-pres.
    Yeah. I gave edse the opportunity to vote Double A, and double a the opportunity to vote edse, and both spat in my face.

To be fair, you have one of the goofiest faces I've ever seen this game. Perhaps spitting in it was pure reflex, or like a defensive mechanism, like recoiling in confusion and being startled.

My goodness there are some goofy looking Birds. I laughed my butt off just looking at these pictures.

Great potoo is not as goofy looking overall as the one with inflatable chin boobs, but those eyes and the ridiculous facial expressions means it wins goofiest damned bird.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Scum's advantage going into a three man standoff: they choose the jury.

inflatable chin boobs
    Can I use this as a song title?

lylo is always the best in vanilla games imo

I was worried that giving town masons and a doctor would be OP. I made the masons a bit weaker as a result.

I still think that the mason lynch almost never happens. Was a fluke that both masons were away when the lynch was on one of them. Also, if they were forced to claim, simply shooting the correct lover-mason would cause both to die.

I think a doctor realistically protects only once per game unless they get lucky, so khaan missing isn't a terribly big deal. There were still enough rounds to find the scums.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

lylo is always the best in vanilla games imo
    It's even better when there are no reveals and the dead are allowed to troll talk.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    It's even better when there are no reveals and the dead are allowed to troll talk.
    I hate no reveals

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

NO REVEALS HATE YOU
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

That's only feasible with a player who cares about the game and will, you know, stay around and play it.

personally I can't think of a better person to rest the fate of the entire game on than double a

i said the exact same thing in soul scourge

I didn't think spaceman was the scum but I had to vote him in case I was wrong

(lolspaceman for voting me that game anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash View Post
    i said the exact same thing in soul scourge

I didn't think spaceman was the scum but I had to vote him in case I was wrong

(lolspaceman for voting me that game anyway)

If Zack is alive in lylo, scum always win.

- Either Zack is scum and somehow squeaks out the victory through his butt

- Or Zack is town and is lynched, ignored, and/or wrong (probably all three)

Default Re: Bird mafia [Concluded]

Though, I'm pretty sure scum win in lylo the vast majority of the time. Especially if it's lylo with more than 1 scum.

Because you have to get two townies to unite together to defeat the scum. Anyone who has been town recognizes the folly in such a task.
    Last edited by Zack; 03-25-2016 at 04:18.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Unfortunately, I got wiped out when I got a fix on GH as the Mafia.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

This was fun, thanks ATPG for hosting!

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast