Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Bird mafia [Concluded]

Default Re: Bird mafia [In Play]

Unvote; Vote: Zack

I was voting you yesterday, your insistence that I'm saving khaan is ridiculous.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I will be disappointed if you weren't and turned out to be town, as you have been actively working to misdirect and distract everyone.
    Last edited by Beskar; 03-14-2016 at 02:37.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Default Re: Bird mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Classic Pity-Call. Usually used in desperation by mafiaso.
    Yep, a scum used it right here:

So yeah, I am a vanilla town. Lynch me, it doesn't matter, it avoids a pro-town role going bye-bye. I am not a power-role or a turtle dove. All my death will achieve is prove my suspicions are pretty solid, that you are possibly in fact scum, and you want to get rid of me because you are feeling hot'n'bothered with my finger pointing. With reveal on death, it would have been smarter to bandwagon someone else, because it would buy you a round or two to argue, compared with now, where all a lynch would do is prove I am town and my fat-bird wings are directly pointed at you and your scum buddy.

beskar, what do you think about al sipsclar?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Yep, a scum used it right here:
    I didn't use a pity-call. I said I am okay with dying, because I am a vanilla townie so it doesn't matter too much. All killing me does is actually give weight to my accusations, because role reveal will show I am a bird.

A pity-call is going "don't lynch me, I always get lynched! It is like every game.. just.. lynched. Please please please don't."

So what you linked is the opposite. Are you able to tell the difference in these things?

Because your other accusation of 'pocketing' was off the mark too. Winton Hughes said he was terribly busy and he wanted to quit the game as he didn't have time for it, so I was attempting to build him up as a Night-Kill target, so the mafia would waste the kill on a possible inactive who wanted to leave. However, Winston as my list says, is probably town, and he has been quite active, so he is useful to keep around.

To quote from game:
    Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    As soon as Winston Hughes shows up, we'll begin a 24-hour countdown timer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Hughes View Post
    Sorry. No time at all. Suggest replacement if you can find one. Otherwise it's going to be infrequent and minimalist
    Understand?

-

beskar, what do you think about al sipsclar?
    Look at the list.
    Last edited by Beskar; 03-14-2016 at 02:55.
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

I didn't use a pity-call. I said I am okay with dying, because I am a vanilla townie so it doesn't matter too much. All killing me does is actually give weight to my accusations, because role reveal will show I am a bird.
    a jo
    A pity-call is going "don't lynch me, I always get lynched! It is like every game.. just.. lynched. Please please please don't."

So what you linked is the opposite. Are you able to tell the difference in these things?
    I didn't use a pity-call. I said lynching me for dumb reasons (at the time, literally only reason given was "he could have killed El Barto") never works out. All killing me does is actually give weight to my accusations, because role reveal will show I am a bird.

A pity-call is going "Woe is me, you might as well lynch me you fools!"

I was attempting to build him up as a Night-Kill target, so the mafia would waste the kill on a possible inactive who wanted to leave.
    I... what? What townie thinks this way?

Look at the list.
    I don't give a shit about the list because you didn't give any reasoning. And Al has done a bunch of scummy things since then anyways.

Blog Entries

Why is Beskar so preoccupied with what the mafia are thinking? Why is he constantly wondering about what the mafia are doing? Probably because he's had those same thoughts in the mafia QT. Combined with his pocketing, buddy-buddy, don't rock the boat attitude = scum.
    I... what? What townie thinks this way?
    I have to address this in a simple and obvious way:
    Red Team: How to succeed by thinking like the enemy.
    If you are not trying to think like the Mafia to work out who they are, then you are playing this game wrong.

Whole concept mafia is working out what the other person is thinking and why they are making the moves they do. It is like a chess game, not only do you question your opponent, but you question yourself. I know why I make the moves I do, so I have to think why the person is not using that logic. Is it because they have different priorities? Are they throwing a dart randomly at a list of names? Do they have personal weaknesses which can be exploited, or show up when something occurs?

So yes, I am constantly thinking and obsessed with what the mafia are thinking. Duh!

Blog Entries

I don't give a chirp about the list because you didn't give any reasoning. And Al has done a bunch of scummy things since then anyways.
    He is being obsessive with trying to keep the game at a tie (or close to). So expect him to keep swapping his vote around as we each gain votes.

Personally, I want to return to 'khaan, he has his mafia lurker fashion of being active and making inane posts not to attract attention.

He also posted this:
    Quote Originally Posted by seireikhaan View Post
    Vote: Winston
    Chirp chirp chaos chirp.
    Going after an inactive town, and even put the word "chaos" hidden in his chirping, taunting the town.

Also Pizza delayed the results, then guess who arrives? 'khaan, talking about evil things like blades, then suddenly it is end of night one. Would make sense if Mafia wasn't around to give order and Pizza waited on them, like he did with the voting.
    Last edited by Beskar; 03-14-2016 at 03:30.

Blog Entries

unvote; vote: Seireikhaan

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Going after an inactive town, and even put the word "chaos" hidden in his chirping, taunting the town.

Also Pizza delayed the results, then guess who arrives? 'khaan, talking about evil things like blades, then suddenly it is end of night one. Would make sense if Mafia wasn't around to give order and Pizza waited on them, like he did with the voting.
    These two points don't mean anything, the chaos thing is a reference to a previous game and Pizza straight-up said he delayed results because of problems on his end. As per his rules post he would rand the mafia kill if they were inactive. Al Sips is the better target for today.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

No. A townie's goal is to find scum. You kept referencing cat this and cat that in ways that do not lead to finding scum. The references you made are frivolous and excessive in an unusual way.

I would be suspicious of Winston, but I think he wants to be lynched as he wants to exit the game, and he is good enough that any cat would have to get rid of him, or he will cat-them-out.
    How does this help find scum?

Why so? You can be a detective genius at scum tells, and with you playing up, I know you're town. So it makes sense not to lynch you as it would waste our time and allow the cat to eat another. Not going to give that cat an easy time, if they want rid of you, they need to eat you.

Amusingly accurate. It would have meant one extra shot against Cat and it would have forced the Cat to kill them, rather than hit something more substainal like a roleblocker or doctor.

Being honest, it is an interesting move, especially since I would have thought you was a contender for today too, so it makes more sense to keep you alive from my perspective.

Also, wasn't a cat that killed you, but a gun from a bird looking creature? Previous Night-kill was from an exploding bird? Only recent cat-like feature was the end of day lynch. I am not sure what the behind the scenes plot is (or if Pizza is just being Pizza and winging it)

So, here are my current feels on a "likely scale" based on some logic I am not sharing. (I would come under 'Undecided' with same logic)

Suspected: Sharekhaan, Zack, Al Sipsclar
    Undecided: GeneralHanky, Edse
    Less Likely: BSmith, atheotes, Winston, Double A, Pelican

My gut is saying 'khaan, I think he is most likely our culprit and would recommend him unless there is a better suggestion.

Vote: Seireikhaan
    Oh look, the only place you actually gave reads. Coincidentally, no mention of cats.

In fact, I think it's weird you keep saying referencing "the cat" as if we're dealing with a serial killer, when the setup explicitly says this is mafia v. town and the d1 writeup even mentions a "bird mafia". Combined with the cat carrying out a lynch, which makes no sense for the mafia to do, I'm not convinced there even is a cat that's mafia. The nightkill attempts don't say anything about cats; if anything, it seems to imply the "bird mafia" are birds shooting other birds.

Leads me to why I think Takhisis was killed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    How do we know that the cat is the only scummo, again?
    DING DING DING! One of the last posts Barto/Takhisis made. And right after his death, enter Beskar -- "oh my, what a strange kill! of course I would never do such a thing! now back to that evil cat again..."

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    These two points don't mean anything, the chaos thing is a reference to a previous game and Pizza straight-up said he delayed results because of problems on his end. As per his rules post he would rand the mafia kill if they were inactive. Al Sips is the better target for today.
    Funny how Al sips is the only "suspected" person Beskar hasn't tried to push, right? He even deflected questions about him, despite his eagerness to list reasoning for me and khaan. How curious!

Blog Entries

I didn't realise the random kill on inactive, I would need to refactor that in my calculations as activity was part of the equation in fingering 'khaan, for example. Though, Pizza wouldn't actively say "I am waiting for mafia order" openly, as anyone who is very active like me and you just suddenly gets an all-clear. I will take your word on the game reference.

I could live with an Al Sips one, he is on my suspected list, so I have a few things against him. I think Zack might be acting overly brash due to a few votes on him, could be scum panicking, or simply thats him.

unvote; vote: Al Sips

I think Zack might be acting overly brash due to a few votes on him, could be scum panicking, or simply thats him.
    I haven't freaked out over a few votes on me any more than you have.

Blog Entries

I already explained the purpose of the posts. Not my problem if you are unable to comprehend strategy.

I already explained the purpose of the posts. Not my problem if you are unable to comprehend strategy.
    I already explained why that's BS. You are not trying to solve or get in the mindset of anything, those references I highlighted are throwaway garbage. They're meaningless. It is not finding scum. You are not "thinking like the enemy" with those posts. If you want to think like the enemy, analyze someone's posts and explain how it makes sense from a scum perspective. That finds scum, not making constant remarks on how the cat will kill Winston because he's a good player.
    Last edited by GeneralHankerchief; 03-14-2016 at 04:16.

Blog Entries

It has been three hours, I feel that it is pointless responding to you in regards to this game, so I am going to chose not in the game from now on.
    Last edited by Beskar; 03-14-2016 at 04:06.

Unvote; Vote: Beskar

Obviously the cat would want to lynch Beskar here. This insight will help us win the game.

Obviously the cat would want to lynch Beskar here. This insight will help us win the game.
    And then it is a suitable moment to take a look at who's voting for him. Let me just change my vote first Unvote: Vote: Al Sipsclar for flipping four times between Beskar and Zack.

3 Beskar: Zack, Winston, Al Sipsclar
    3 Al Sipsclar: GH, Beskar, edse
    1 Zack: Khaan

No Vote: Double A (Forgot to check)

3 No Vote: Double A, Pelican, atheotes

That's it

And me.... but not for long. I'll vote: Al Sips . Beskar v. Zack feels like town v. town to me.
    Always meet on the level, act by the plumb and part on the square.
    2B1ASK1

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BSmith View Post
    Beskar v. Zack feels like town v. town to me.
    Agreed.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

not to me. I think Zack was a little hot and bothered.
    Vote: Zack

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by atheotes View Post
    Yeah, but hot and bothered is Zack's default mood, especially as town.

Yeah, but hot and bothered is Zack's default mood, especially as town.
    perhaps

Blog Entries

Cannot really expect a reasonable response when logic by him is "Beskar is scum because is he not voting Al Sips", when I am voting Al Sips whilst he isn't. Might as well replace every word with hodor.

This exchange speaks for itself:
    Quote Originally Posted by edse View Post
    And then it is a suitable moment to take a look at who's voting for him.
    Last edited by Beskar; 03-14-2016 at 16:03.

Quote Originally Posted by edse View Post
    And then it is a suitable moment to take a look at who's voting for him. Let me just change my vote first Unvote: Vote: Al Sipsclar for flipping four times between Beskar and Zack.

3 Al Sipsclar: GH, Beskar, edse
    1 Zack: Khaan

No Vote: Double A (Forgot to check)
    I was clearly being sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by atheotes View Post
    Vote: Zack
    More hot and bothered than Beskar? Are you going to vote me for silly reasons like this in every game?

Cannot really expect a reasonable response when logic by him is "Beskar is scum because is he not voting Al Sips", when I am voting Al Sips whilst he isn't. Might as well replace every word with hodor.

This exchange speaks for itself:
    What the hell are you talking about?

Get off me, I'm not scum. When I'm scum, I'm like Beskar, "thinking like an enemy".
    FoS on those coming out of woodwork to vote me. Also FoS on those not voting me, who obviously know I'm not scum.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast