Thread: Years per Turn Problem

Default Years per Turn Problem

I happened upon a text file that I can no longer find that had game time set as "2" which I assume means two years per turn. However, my games have been three plus years per turn. EX: it is turn number 22 - that should be if two years for each two seasons if I am correct. Year should be 1102. At start up, it says 1122. If there is a way to make the increment smaller, like say the two years per two seasons (play one summer plus one winter, two years elapse), can someone explain to me how?

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Years per Turn Problem

Try searching our modding forum: I am sure this has been asked before. If you can't find it there, you could try asking over at the EB2 forum or the TWcenter's modding fora.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Default Re: Years per Turn Problem

For some reason, I didn't think of that as actual modding (making it work as I believe it was designed) but, it is - I'll check the modding sections. I had thought of making every season six months so that a year was a year if easy but then, so many things would be affected like repair/build times, unit construction times, etc that I thought better of it.

Well, no replies. From the old posts, some have done it but no indication of where that page I saw and lost is at. Oh well, not the end of the world (that's the Mongol invasion :) ).

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LordK9 View Post
    Well, no replies. From the old posts, some have done it but no indication of where that page I saw and lost is at. Oh well, not the end of the world (that's the Mongol invasion :) ).
    Did you ask over at the TWC? I'd be amazed if there was no one there who could help you.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

I did; lots of views but no replies. I just found where to change it and an very old post came up from a Yahoo! search that explained how to get around the read only problem. It won't work from a saved game so next start, I can do this (it's the same page that one uses to unlock the other kingdoms once a game is won). Now I'm hoping to find out how to change build times and training times - setting the game turn time to 0.5 (two turns per year) will cause advanced equipment way to early and tons of troops I would think. Modding has never been a thing for me - I tend to break things - we'll see how this goes. :)